It's Awesome.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    If you don't like it, you can get your own website, right, Jup?
    I don't have a "problem" with it. I just think it's kinda weird, and creepy (the extent to which some in this fanbase do it), so I want to talk about it. I am hoping to understand it.

Someone brought up a good point. Lots of other states don't have NHL teams, so filling that void can't be the only answer. Or can it? What other states, without an NHL team, have a college hockey fanbase that obsesses over former players this much?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      I don't have a "problem" with it. I just think it's kinda weird, and creepy (the extent to which some in this fanbase do it), so I want to talk about it. I am hoping to understand it.

Someone brought up a good point. Lots of other states don't have NHL teams, so filling that void can't be the only answer. Or can it? What other states, without an NHL team, have a college hockey fanbase that obsesses over former players this much?
      Who are you talkin about?
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Who are you talkin about?
        #StalkerUniversity

Comment

#StalkerUniversity
          #thereisnosuchthing
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            #thereisnosuchthing
            There is no #NHLUniversity either. That doesn't stop one fanbase from calling their school that, so why should that stop me?

Comment

Originally posted by jdubbs1280 View Post
              there is no #nhluniversity either.
              #chl
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Re: It's Awesome.....

There is no #StateofHockey either.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Please stop, you're making me hate my own state

Why? What's this got to do with Iowa?

Coz you don't have your own team there in Iowa?

Comment

Good god, man. You must be into BDSM, because I have never seen anyone enjoy being beaten on as much as you.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

So wait... are we getting baited by the troll extraordinaire? Or is he fishing for himself now?
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I just think the extent to which a certain fanbase fawns over ex-players is a little odd. And this is a discussion because I'd like someone to explain it to me. The only rationalization I can think of is it fills the void of not having an NHL team. Is that it?
                        Totally serious, I thought you were talking about BC fans until that last part. BC grads have been trolling the $#!+ out of the NHL playoffs this year, and my twitter feed pretty much explodes when Gionta or someone else scores. But, we have (had) the Bruins. So it's not us you're baiting.

Having said that, if you seriously think I'm going to stop freaking out whenever Chris Kreider or any other BC grad pwns serious n00bage in the playoffs, you can GFY.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Totally serious, I thought you were talking about BC fans until that last part. BC grads have been trolling the $#!+ out of the NHL playoffs this year, and my twitter feed pretty much explodes when Gionta or someone else scores. But, we have (had) the Bruins. So it's not us you're baiting.

Having said that, if you seriously think I'm going to stop freaking out whenever Chris Kreider or any other BC grad pwns serious n00bage in the playoffs, you can GFY.
                          I think you're okay coz like you said, you've got the Bruins.

Unless, of course, you don't live in Mass. If you are a BC fan who lives in, say, Pawtucket, and you follow former BC players in the NHL, well, that's as creepy as creepy can be.

You degenerate freak.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            I think you're okay coz like you said, you've got the Bruins.

Unless, of course, you don't live in Mass. If you are a BC fan who lives in, say, Pawtucket, and you follow former BC players in the NHL, well, that's as creepy as creepy can be.

You degenerate freak.
                            Connecticut. GUILTY AS CHARGED!
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Connecticut. GUILTY AS CHARGED!
                              You give me the heebie jeebies!

Comment

Unclean!!! Unclean!!!!
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X