It's Awesome.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Awesome.....

Doesn't Manitoba make it five provinces? I suppose that drops the state count to 16 as well.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

My NHL team (Blackhawks) are out, so now I'm kind of cheering for St. Louis (Backes) and New Jersey (Ryan Carter.) Why is that creepy?
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        My NHL team (Blackhawks) are out, so now I'm kind of cheering for St. Louis (Backes) and New Jersey (Ryan Carter.) Why is that creepy?
        Not until you start tweeting and posting about it daily, make a name like #NHLUniversity up, and make player jersey avatars.

That's #StalkerUniversity IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
          Not until you start tweeting and posting about it daily, make a name like #NHLUniversity up, and make player jersey avatars.

Exactly. It's like cheering for kids from your state when they make it to college (or beyond), even when they are not from your own specific town. It's pathetic.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I just think the extent to which a certain fanbase fawns over ex-players is a little odd. And this is a discussion because I'd like someone to explain it to me. The only rationalization I can think of is it fills the void of not having an NHL team. Is that it?
            Try to understand it this way. Some people who did not even attend a university somehow grow a fetish for that university's teams. Or, as Uncle Bill would say, "What is Hecuba to him or he to Hecuba . . ."

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Exactly. It's like cheering for kids from your state when they make it to college (or beyond), even when they are not from your own specific town. It's pathetic.
              Civic Pride <> Ex-Player Fetish

Comment

Civic Pride <> Ex-Player Fetish
                Exactly. Why one would cheer for someone outside their own city (aka "civic") is absolutely ridiculous.
                North Dakota

Comment

I'll help you: unfollow them. Derp.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    I'll help you: unfollow them. Derp.
                    And just LET people cheer for players not from their city????

PREPOSTEROUS!!!

North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      And just LET people cheer for players not from their city????

PREPOSTEROUS!!!

Obsessing over players period is a little creepy. I take pride in our hockey heritage and traditions in Minnesota. I don't obsess over individual players. But that's just me.

Comment

Please stop, you're making me hate my own state
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Obsessing over players period is a little creepy. I take pride in our hockey heritage and traditions in Minnesota. I don't obsess over individual players. But that's just me.
                          Good thing you're not obsessive.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Good thing you're not obsessive.
                            It is

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Please stop, you're making me hate my own state

Comment

If you don't like it, you can get your own website, right, Jup?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X