Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIAC schools to pull out earlier than originally planned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIAC schools to pull out earlier than originally planned!

Pulling this over from the D3 men's thread:

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted already

Originally scheduled after the 2013 ~ 2014 season, the WIAC schools decided to pull out a year earlier, after 2012 ~ 2013.

D3hockey.com release
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: WIAC schools to pull out earlier than originally planned!

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    Pulling this over from the D3 men's thread:
    As it's been discussed before...the separation will have a much bigger impact on the Women's side as it does the men.

The way it stands now the WIAC will be

UW-Superior
    UW-Stevens Point
    UW-River Falls
    UW-Eau Claire

The NCHA will still have 7 members and still have an autobid.
    Finlandia
    Marian
    St Norbert
    St Scholastica
    Lake Forest
    Concordia
    Adrian

Clearly this is good news for the remaining NCHA members as the UW schools have always won the autobid except for Adrian two seasons ago. This is extremely bad news for the WIAC schools, the only way this is good is if we are guaranteed a 5-3 split every year and they get one...highly unlikely. This will have to hurt recruiting for the WIAC schools as players will be more likely to want to play for a team that has a decent chance to make the post-season. IMO
    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

No mention in the article of the women’s teams…

Comment

Originally posted by NoGo View Post
        No mention in the article of the women’s teams…
        It does here:
        As first reported here on D3hockey.com, it was announced by the WIAC on February 14 that its five men's and four women's institutions currently playing under the NCHA banner would cease doing so following the conclusion of the 2013-14 season
        D3hockey.com really only focuses on men's hockey, so they aren't going to comment too much on the women's side
        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Now that SNC and CSS men's programs have announced that they will join the MCHA, any word on changes to the women's programs?

Comment

Looks to me like they're staying put. There's nothing to the contrary so far.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

NCHA statement:
              http://d3hockey.com/releases/women/2...remains-strong
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                This is good news for St Norbert women....still think its bad for the UW-schools.

Where are all the D3 folks at?
                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

This is good news for St Norbert women....still think its bad for the UW-schools.

Where are all the D3 folks at?
                  Like me, most D3 folks probably don't know what to make of it. I was hoping some of the other Wisconsin private schools would join the WIAC, but after this announcement, I'm not sure that will happen. I don't fully understand the playoff structure, but it appears that under the new structure, a UW school is going to have to do extremely well to make the playoffs. On the flip side, I suppose it opens up the schedule and allows the UW schools to schedule games with a wider variety of teams. I heard that Stout has a women's club team -- maybe they will make it a varsity sport.

Comment

Originally posted by DedicatedFan View Post
                    Like me, most D3 folks probably don't know what to make of it. I was hoping some of the other Wisconsin private schools would join the WIAC, but after this announcement, I'm not sure that will happen. I don't fully understand the playoff structure, but it appears that under the new structure, a UW school is going to have to do extremely well to make the playoffs. On the flip side, I suppose it opens up the schedule and allows the UW schools to schedule games with a wider variety of teams. I heard that Stout has a women's club team -- maybe they will make it a varsity sport.
                    The WIAC schools are going to be in a world of trouble to try and make the NCAA's without an automatic bid unless they have a ridiculous season with only a couple of losses.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      The WIAC schools are going to be in a world of trouble to try and make the NCAA's without an automatic bid unless they have a ridiculous season with only a couple of losses.
                      Hell we can't get in with a couple of losses now. I would say they would have to go undefeated or maybe have 1 loss to have any shot...including wins over eastern powers. Stout moving up wouldn't help any. Instead of 4 we would have 5....WIAC would need 7 for it to do anything. I don't forsee that happening ever...unless Stout moved up, the Northland Rumors ever come true and they join the WIAC and they get CUW or Marian to come over.

The othe question is that now that the remaining NCHA teams are all going to be members of the men's MCHA....Adrian, Lake Forest, Finlandia, Marian, CUW and now St. Norbert and CSS...will the MCHA start up a women's league and the NCHA disappear?
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Hell we can't get in with a couple of losses now. I would say they would have to go undefeated or maybe have 1 loss to have any shot...including wins over eastern powers. Stout moving up wouldn't help any. Instead of 4 we would have 5....WIAC would need 7 for it to do anything. I don't forsee that happening ever...unless Stout moved up, the Northland Rumors ever come true and they join the WIAC and they get CUW or Marian to come over.

The othe question is that now that the remaining NCHA teams are all going to be members of the men's MCHA....Adrian, Lake Forest, Finlandia, Marian, CUW and now St. Norbert and CSS...will the MCHA start up a women's league and the NCHA disappear?
                        That' what I was eluding to in my my post on 6-19-12. Why wouldn't the MCHA start up a women's league to parallel the men's? The women's WIAC would also be looking in from the outside, and I can't believe that the MIAC would accept any of the women's WIAC schools...

Comment

Originally posted by 24checking View Post
                          That' what I was eluding to in my my post on 6-19-12. Why wouldn't the MCHA start up a women's league to parallel the men's? The women's WIAC would also be looking in from the outside, and I can't believe that the MIAC would accept any of the women's WIAC schools...
                          Considering MIAC stands for Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference..I doubt they would let any Wisconsin Schools in They wouldn't even take St Scholastica.
                          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Considering MIAC stands for Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference..I doubt they would let any Wisconsin Schools in They wouldn't even take St Scholastica.
                            Are you sure they wouldn't take St. Scholastica? Or did St. Scholastica just choose to go the NCHA/MCHA route instead?

I think on the men's side of things St. Scholastica and St. Norbert were in it together.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Are you sure they wouldn't take St. Scholastica? Or did St. Scholastica just choose to go the NCHA/MCHA route instead?

I think on the men's side of things St. Scholastica and St. Norbert were in it together.
                              I remember this discussion from before when CSS was starting up. CSS would have to switch to the MIAC in all sports, which I don't believe they were willing to do.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                              X