Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 2, The Electric Boogaloo (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 2, The Electric Boogaloo (2013-14)

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Do the East schools also have someone tuck them in and give out Teddy bears to each of the players for those really long two hour bus rides?
    The above is only partially true. I was told that their motor coaches (they don't ride in a "bus") have special suspensions so they won't spill their martinis at the railroad tracks (they should be stirred, not shaken) and also fold down ironing boards so they can press their ascots and smoking jackets after the games so they'll look sharp for their yaaaacht club outing on Sunday mornings with Muffy and Kitten.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Get UAH in. Do the right thing. Looking forward to playing them consistently every year. 2 home, 2 away.

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
        Get UAH in. Do the right thing. Looking forward to playing them consistently every year. 2 home, 2 away.
        Hate to break your heart but the league is only 28 games. Playing them consistently every year would be a 36 game league schedule.

Unless we dump both Alaska schools, and pick up UAH. That gives us an eight team league, and the "perfect" play everyone home and away schedule.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Do you have any idea how much this will increase the IQ of the average WCHA fan?
          FWIW.......When UNO leaves the WCHA the IQ of the average WCHA fan will increase dramatically. However, if UAH is admitted to the WCHA the IQ of the average WCHA fan will drop again significantly. Yes, I hate Hunstville.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
            FWIW.......When UNO leaves the WCHA the IQ of the average WCHA fan will increase dramatically. However, if UAH is admitted to the WCHA the IQ of the average WCHA fan will drop again significantly. Yes, I hate Hunstville.
            We are getting NMU.... The rocket scientists are our only hope to offset that hotbed of knowledge.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              We are getting NMU.... The rocket scientists are our only hope to offset that hotbed of knowledge.
              If your idea of a rocket scientist is a guy named Cooter (wearing bib overalls, no teeth and barefoot) who boos the ref everytime they blow the whistle for icing then I have some ocean front real estate for sale in Arizona.
              sigpic

Comment

If your idea of a rocket scientist is a guy named Cooter (wearing bib overalls, no teeth and barefoot) who boos the ref everytime they blow the whistle for icing then I have some ocean front real estate for sale in Arizona.
                You don't have to wear shoes in Huntsville? That's the best reason I've heard so far for letting them in! And I'm also all for February series where we have to drive south for two days
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Unless we dump both Alaska schools, and pick up UAH. That gives us an eight team league, and the "perfect" play everyone home and away schedule.
                  All the lower-48 schools should do exactly that. The nWCHA should definitely take a vote and boot UAA and UAF out. Please do so. The old WCHA and CCHA didn't want them ... they were forced into it. Eff expansion and all that lovely talk about college hockey community blah blah blah ... nobody really wants that when it means they have to get on a plane for 5 or 6 hours. There isn't a single A.D. in either the current WCHA or nWCHA that has even a modicum of integrity.

Seriously, I'm not kidding around. Dump the AK schools and take UAH.

Comment

Having been to both Huntsville and Bemidji, is your pot calling their kettle black, except instead of Cooter, there's Ole and Sven!
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Having been to both Huntsville and Bemidji, is your pot calling their kettle black, except instead of Cooter, there's Ole and Sven!
                      But we wear Sorels and Parkas instead of overalls and going barefoot, at least in the Winter!
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Getting back to the lasted "Alaska Experiment", McLeod's quote has stuck out to me.

"The plan was born from financial and geographical issues related to Alaska and Alaska-Anchorage being in the same conference for the first time when conferences reshuffle in 2013."

Never have these two schools been in the same league, both the WCHA and CCHA didn't have to deal with the financial ramifications of both schools in the same league. $1,000 per plane ticket, times 30 members in a traveling party, that is $30,000 alone in just plane tickets. Shipping two teams to Alaska for the playoff, shipping both teams to the lower 48, or one of each, the league is looking at shelling out $60,000 for playoff plane tickets alone for these two series, you still have food and lodging. And lets face it, the current WCHA Final Five cash cow is dead. The new WCHA will never obtain that payoff, the NCHC will never obtain that payoff, the Big Ten will never obtain that payoff.

Do I like this playoff scenerio, HECK NO. But I also realize the financial status of some of these schools and can live with it if it allows my school to be more financially stable.
                        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                          But we wear Sorels and Parkas instead of overalls and going barefoot, at least in the Winter!
                          But if I've gotta make my choice between the Shepherd's Pie at Brigid's Cross in Bemidji and the Ribs at Dreamland in Huntsville, Dreamland wins by a snout, especially if its January or February!
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            But if I've gotta make my choice between the Shepherd's Pie at Brigid's Cross in Bemidji and the Ribs at Dreamland in Huntsville, Dreamland wins by a snout, especially if its January or February!
                            That is a no brainer! Plus, golf clubs can come out of the basement then!
                            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

I don't see why the nWCHA should stop with just the Mystery Alaska Rule.

I think: in years the nWCHA playoff championship is in Minnesota, they should allow Bemidji and Mankato to play in the first round, thereby assuring better attendance for the finals. Better yet would be to give the #1 seed and bye to the higher - ranked of the two.

In years when the tournament is in Lower Michigan, let the highest seeded Michigan team get the #1 seed. And same when the tournament is in Upper Michigan.

This would cut costs and help attendance even more.

Comment

I'm all for kicking Anchorage out and adding UAH if it means we don't have to listen to Donald's rants anymore. He's as bad as Old Pio and Foxton.

Comment

Working...
                                X