Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIAC schools to pull out a year earlier than originally planned

Sorry if this has been posted already

Originally scheduled after the 2013 ~ 2014 season, the WIAC schools decided to pull out a year earlier, after 2012 ~ 2013.

D3hockey.com release

The good news is that we as fans don't have to wait as long to see what's going to happen....

Re: WIAC schools to pull out a year earlier than originally planned

Given the recent announcement of A.J. Aitken's move to lead Marian's hockey program, and with SNC alum Mike Szkodinski heading the Lawrence program, perhaps the MCHA would be an attractive alternative for SNC to consider.

Comment

Or maybe it is atrractive for some MCHA teams to join the NCHA. After all the NCHA has a longer history and greater name recognition, which could help all in recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernPike View Post
        Or maybe it is atrractive for some MCHA teams to join the NCHA. After all the NCHA has a longer history and greater name recognition, which could help all in recruiting.
        Remember, the NCHA has only two schools left - It might be feasible to merge the two and name the merged league the NCHA, just like America West bought out US Airways and took the better known name of the two.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

What a great add if St Norberts and St Scholastica could be brought into the MCHA. Not a bad fit geographically - with Northland and Finlandia not far from Duluth. It would definitely increase the the credibility of the MCHA (or NCHA - I don't really care what they call it!) I would hope it was an add of the two together - only some teams joining would probably kill the programs left out. For D3 as a whole, we want to keep as many teams as possible. Adrian in the south division and St. Norberts in the north would make for some interesting playoff matchups.....

Comment

There are several positive vibes along Hwy. 41 among that crowd (SNC, Marian, & LU). Add to that, Peterson leaving LU and going to SNC with no hard feelings there. Looks like the 'cheese' just got more binding.
            Ok, I'll take a 5 minute major for that one.

The addition of SNC and SSC would be fantastic no matter what you'll call the league. It makes the Conference a solid 10.
            2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
            THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Explain to me why in the world would the MCHA want SNC in their league? Why would they just hand the AQ to a team that is about 60-1-1 (don't know the exact numbers) against the MCHA? IMHO SNC either abides by the WIAC set of rules or they play as an independent, its the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

The rest of the MCHA has a similar record against Adrian.

If SNC tries to play as an independent, that's the equivalent of putting a needle into that program. Ask the 6 MCHA teams that played together before Adrian started just how things were going. The conference is on its way up. SNC would be a great addition to the league, forcing them as a whole to raise their programs even further.

There's a reason the Wisconsin schools are doing what they are doing. I'm just not sure what it is yet, and I don't think I believe the story they've put out. They also need two more schools to go along with them, or they're committing mass suicide by playing in a 5-team conference.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's better to pull out early, rather than late.

...anyone?

I'll take a lap.

Comment

Eh, what the hell. It's the offseason. You're all right.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Let me ask everyone this:

If the WIAC schools take both St. Scholastica and SNC, and play as a 7 team conference, then what was the point of all this?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker6 View Post
                        Explain to me why in the world would the MCHA want SNC in their league?
                        I'm guessing because the MCHA doesn't mind the competition. Unlike certain schools who obviously can't stand the fact they've gotten their arse handed to them by an unlike institution for the last 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                          I'm guessing because the MCHA doesn't mind the competition. Unlike certain schools who obviously can't stand the fact they've gotten their arse handed to them by an unlike institution for the last 15 years.
                          And I'll tell you what. If you come into our conference and hand us our asses for 15 years, we've done a poor job of adjusting along the line. MSOE made their adjustment this year with regards to Adrian. Others will as well, sooner or later. If SNC comes into the league, other adjustments are going to be necessary by everyone.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

If the WIAC schools take both St. Scholastica and SNC, and play as a 7 team conference, then what was the point of all this?
                            My guess is that they are hoping to rope in a couple of different MCHA schools that are willing to go along with them, but not beat them.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

It becomes a multisport conference which is something the NCAA loves as opposed to single sports conferences like the NCHA and Hockey East.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X