X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NCHC: Just be glad its NaCHo League

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    Grand Forks? Fargo? they are different?
    Lol, I can just imagine how NDSU fans would react to this post. They'd be appalled!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
      Lol, I can just imagine how NDSU fans would react to this post. They'd be appalled!
      They'd have to be able to read for that to happen. And know what the word appalled means.
      Last edited by Dirty; 04-25-2012, 09:24 PM.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
        Well the 2 closest towns have only about 300 people in them. They might be adding E. Grand Forks to the Metro population, but that is a Minnesota city.
        Metropolitan Statistical Areas are officially defined by county and the Grand Forks MSA includes Grand Forks County, ND and Polk County, MN. Their combined population is the 98,000+ number.
        SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
        UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
        Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
        Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
        UMD Football: 2008, 2010
        UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          You'd think someone whose screenname implies they're in southern California would understand the different ratios of hockey fans in different parts of the country.
          In SoCal there is a huge bandwagon effect. Ducks won the cup a few years back and the Kings just eliminated the Sharks in the playoffs. Ice Hockey is very popular here now. Ducks and Kings have a large fan-base here, game tickets are expensive, and games are usually sold out. However, Dodgers and Clippers have lots of empty seats and cheap tickets.

Wish we had College D1 ice hockey here instead of club teams.
          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by USCHO Newsbot
            The new National Collegiate Hockey Conference expects to make “two pretty big announcements by Wednesday of next week,” commissioner Jim Scherr said on Tuesday.
            I saw this story was already leaked at another college hockey site so I figure I would post it here. The two big announcements are that Denver and UND are breaking away from the NCHC to form their own "super-elite-mega-like-minded" conference comprised of themselves and UAH. Denver head coach GD was quoted as saying "This was something we had to do to protect the Denver brand of hockey. The NCHC was just getting too diluted with filler teams and was really loosing its 'like-mindedness". There were too many free thinkers in the room and we need to keep more of a strangle hold on our own future. I think our fans will like the shorter 8-game conference schedule we have set up. Plus the addition of UAH should boost our winning percentage and will make it easier for fans to know where all of the teams in our new conference are located. From what I've been told that is what has been keeping attendance down recently. Not to mention helping UAH gets us the sympathy vote again, and gosh knows we need it with all the bridges we've burned. And also I would like to thank our own AD for giving me supreme power, even though I hear she is pretty smart herself."
            This announcement left the remaining members of the NCHC a bit off balance. One AD who commented off the recorded stated "That was really a low blow by those two programs to go and do something like this without our knowledge. Who do they think they are? They told us that we were all special and were going to be part of the super conference with them. This was a set up all along..."
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              I saw this story was already leaked at another college hockey site so I figure I would post it here. The two big announcements are that Denver and UND are breaking away from the NCHC to form their own "super-elite-mega-like-minded" conference comprised of themselves and UAH. Denver head coach GD was quoted as saying "This was something we had to do to protect the Denver brand of hockey. The NCHC was just getting too diluted with filler teams and was really loosing its 'like-mindedness". There were too many free thinkers in the room and we need to keep more of a strangle hold on our own future. I think our fans will like the shorter 8-game conference schedule we have set up. Plus the addition of UAH should boost our winning percentage and will make it easier for fans to know where all of the teams in our new conference are located. From what I've been told that is what has been keeping attendance down recently. Not to mention helping UAH gets us the sympathy vote again, and gosh knows we need it with all the bridges we've burned. And also I would like to thank our own AD for giving me supreme power, even though I hear she is pretty smart herself."
              This announcement left the remaining members of the NCHC a bit off balance. One AD who commented off the recorded stated "That was really a low blow by those two programs to go and do something like this without our knowledge. Who do they think they are? They told us that we were all special and were going to be part of the super conference with them. This was a set up all along..."
              Didn't Michigan Tech leave the WCHA at one point? So it is only okay for them to come and go from the conference as they please, and not other teams?
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Didn't Michigan Tech leave the WCHA at one point? So it is only okay for them to come and go from the conference as they please, and not other teams?
                In all technicality CC, DU, Michigan, Michigan State, Michigan Tech, Minnesota, and North Dakota have left a conference before (WIHL).
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

They did. With other "like minded" teams, strangely enough. But that was different. They were one of the "haves" of college hockey at that time.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

MTU leaving was a horse of a different color than a bunch of teams forming a new league to leave other schools out in the cold.

The Kings didn't eliminate the Sharks (I wish), we beat the 'Nucks.

And a 3-team, 8 game conference is stupid. It should be a 24 game regular season, the 2 seed hosts the 3 for a best of three series, the winner takes on the top seed the following Saturday at the Conference Tourney in Omaha, the non-participating team plays a split-squad 3rd place game (I'd prefer to get the USHL's Lancers instead but they'll be playing that weekend).
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by johnsonsjerseys View Post
                      i saw this story was already leaked at another college hockey site so i figure i would post it here. The two big announcements are that denver and und are breaking away from the nchc to form their own "super-elite-mega-like-minded" conference comprised of themselves and uah. Denver head coach gd was quoted as saying "this was something we had to do to protect the denver brand of hockey. The nchc was just getting too diluted with filler teams and was really loosing its 'like-mindedness". There were too many free thinkers in the room and we need to keep more of a strangle hold on our own future. I think our fans will like the shorter 8-game conference schedule we have set up. Plus the addition of uah should boost our winning percentage and will make it easier for fans to know where all of the teams in our new conference are located. From what i've been told that is what has been keeping attendance down recently. Not to mention helping uah gets us the sympathy vote again, and gosh knows we need it with all the bridges we've burned. And also i would like to thank our own ad for giving me supreme power, even though i hear she is pretty smart herself."
                      this announcement left the remaining members of the nchc a bit off balance. One ad who commented off the recorded stated "that was really a low blow by those two programs to go and do something like this without our knowledge. Who do they think they are? They told us that we were all special and were going to be part of the super conference with them. This was a set up all along..."
                      tl;dr

butthurt
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                        In all technicality CC, DU, Michigan, Michigan State, Michigan Tech, Minnesota, and North Dakota have left a conference before (WIHL).
                        I'm still bitter about this ****!!!!
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          I'm still bitter about this ****!!!!
                          I'm more upset about when everyone left the MCHL to form the WIHL.

(For those interested, nobody "left" the MCHL. The teams simply changed the name of their conference to the WIHL.)
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            Who was left when all these teams bolted?
                            "My greatest achievement."
                            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              MTU leaving was a horse of a different color than a bunch of teams forming a new league to leave other schools out in the cold.
                              Why does it matter if they formed a new league or joined an existing one? They made a decision to join a league that they thought better served their interests.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Why does it matter if they formed a new league or joined an existing one? They made a decision to join a league that they thought better served their interests.
                                Initially, I thought the SCSU admin public remarks came across as a bunch of babies.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X