Princeton 2012-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton 2012-13

Getting things started with the announcement of the class of '16: http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...CLID=205416162

If anyone has first-hand knowledge of any of these players, please share.

Re: Princeton 2012-13

Originally posted by PrincetonFan View Post
    Getting things started with the announcement of the class of '16: http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...CLID=205416162

If anyone has first-hand knowledge of any of these players, please share.
    Ottawa has been very generous to Princeton this year! I expect OnMAA will be able to fill you in on at least those players.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I can fill you in on the Ottawa players.
      Karen MacDonald- Solid blueliner, not very flashy, isn't a big risktaker, very smart and safe player, has a great, low point shot.

Cristin Shanahan- Really hard worker, improves tremendously each year, will be the first player to go after a loose puck, good size, also a very positive and upbeat teammate.

Comment

Originally posted by canadahockey26 View Post
        I can fill you in on the Ottawa players.
        Karen MacDonald- Solid blueliner, not very flashy, isn't a big risktaker, very smart and safe player, has a great, low point shot.

Cristin Shanahan- Really hard worker, improves tremendously each year, will be the first player to go after a loose puck, good size, also a very positive and upbeat teammate.
        Thanks!

Comment

Princeton's award-winners and captains for next year: http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...CLID=205419389

Comment

Princeton schedule: http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Spo...B_OEM_ID=10600

Heavy home schedule in first half, making usual second half kick difficult. Will travel to Penn State, RIT, Robert Morris, and UConn. A two-game set with OSU is the only non-conference home games, which means they have only 13 of 29 games at home. Does any other team have that few home games?

Comment

Princeton schedule: http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Spo...B_OEM_ID=10600

Heavy home schedule in first half, making usual second half kick difficult. Will travel to Penn State, RIT, Robert Morris, and UConn. A two-game set with OSU is the only non-conference home games, which means they have only 13 of 29 games at home. Does any other team have that few home games?
              REALLY difficult to get non-conference teams to go to Princeton for a game because of their location. There are quality opponents all over the map with better locations to get to, especially if you don't want to play a two game non-conference set against one team but want games against different teams. Quinnipiac is the only other team within reasonable travel distance for a Friday night/Saturday afternoon weekend and they don't seem that interested in working with Princeton.

Maine has a similar issue.

Comment

First trip to Baker for an exhibition against Brown. Team looked good in a 4-2 win. Impressed by rookies Karen MacDonald and goalie Kimberley Newell.

Comment

In over ten years of attending games at Baker Rink, I've never seen the Tigers lay an egg like they did against Harvard yesterday. Either Harvard is very, very good or we're very, very bad. Probably a bit of both. I hope the frosh goalie isn't too traumatized.

Comment

In over ten years of attending games at Baker Rink, I've never seen the Tigers lay an egg like they did against Harvard yesterday. Either Harvard is very, very good or we're very, very bad. Probably a bit of both. I hope the frosh goalie isn't too traumatized.
                    I was at the Harvard men's game last night and when I checked on the women's game, I, too, was stunned by the final score. We've had some great teams over the years and have had a lot of trouble winning at Princeton. So last night's score was eye opening. And that was without our top two D who are out for the year.

My take? The Crimson are very good but I also think the Tigers are in for a long year. You might be headed for the bottom rung if things don't turn around quickly.

Comment

Wow. Outshot 45-10 by Cornell. Princeton has played a tough schedule so far, but haven't shown much. This may be the year they don't collapse in the playoffs, because they might not be in the playoffs.

Comment

A Princeton player was injured during the Cornell game Friday night and taken from the ice on a stretcher after a 20 min. delay. I was following the game on video with no audio and didn't get her name but hope she is okay. Can anyone provide an update?

Comment

I have no idea who was injured, but in checking the box scores, Olivia Mucha was the only player who played against Cornell but not against Colgate. She's had some health problems (shoulder surgery among them). I certainly hope she's okay. The Tigers need her offense and they're very short-handed right now.

Comment

I have no idea who was injured, but in checking the box scores, Olivia Mucha was the only player who played against Cornell but not against Colgate. She's had some health problems (shoulder surgery among them). I certainly hope she's okay. The Tigers need her offense and they're very short-handed right now.
                            It was Olivia Mucha. She was taken off the ice on a stretcher into an ambulance. It was quite a lengthy delay because they didn't want to move her. Hope she's okay and I think op was looking for confirmation of that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz22 View Post
                              A Princeton player was injured during the Cornell game Friday night and taken from the ice on a stretcher after a 20 min. delay. I was following the game on video with no audio and didn't get her name but hope she is okay. Can anyone provide an update?
                              In yesterday's broadcast of the Cornell/Quinnipiac game, the announcer mentioned he had spoken with Kampersal. Mucha was evaluated, and she should be playing again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X