PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten officially announces tournament sites

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Hockeybuckeye
04-19-2012, 05:33 PM
My only question is what will they do after this 4 year "trial" period is over? Do they have any firm ideas at this point or will be waiting to see what attendance and fan response will be before deciding future venues?
Logic would dictate the latter but I don't have much belief those runing the Big Ten have even half a brain between them to even consider logic to be possible for them.

mnstate0fhockey
04-19-2012, 05:56 PM
My only question is what will they do after this 4 year "trial" period is over? Do they have any firm ideas at this point or will be waiting to see what attendance and fan response will be before deciding future venues?
Logic would dictate the latter but I don't have much belief those runing the Big Ten have even half a brain between them to even consider logic to be possible for them.

I think they will see if one of the two sites significantly out-draws the other. If one does, they will probably stick with that one site. If it's remotely close, they'll continue to rotate.

Tipsy McStagger
04-19-2012, 06:46 PM
What will happen is the UND, SCSU and UMD fans will have better attendance at the X than the Gophers and Badgers fans and Xcel will send the B1G packing to Detroit.

MavHockey14
04-19-2012, 06:54 PM
What will happen is the UND, SCSU and UMD fans will have better attendance at the X than the Gophers and Badgers fans and Xcel will send the B1G packing to Detroit.

This.

state of hockey
04-19-2012, 07:16 PM
All I know is the Big Ten ruined the best college hockey tournament in the country in the WCHA Final Five. Every fan that I talked to this year complained about how they will miss it in two years including Minnesota and Wisconsin fans.

B. S. BSBSBSBSBSBS. I call BS.

People around here were rejoicing that the big bad big ten schools were absent in tournaments past. Spout your revisionist history elsewhere.

mookie1995
04-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Omaha would be a good choice. The Gopher fans that went there this year said it was awesome and they're sad that it will be going away soon.

i'm sure if the gophs called, omaha would be more than happy to host them for an ooc weekend every year.

MavHockey14
04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
B. S. BSBSBSBSBSBS. I call BS.

People around here were rejoicing that the big bad big ten schools were absent in tournaments past. Spout your revisionist history elsewhere.
There were a group of Wisconsin and Minnesota fans with signs saying Thanks for nothing B1G. ;)

Hockeybuckeye
04-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm curious about another thing, has the conference gathered input from the coaches on what they think about venue possibilities?

Wol4ine
04-19-2012, 08:35 PM
You guys constantly bring this up like you want some sort of award or honor for it. You were as effective in defense as the Dutch army in WWII. Congrats.At least the Dutch gov't went into exile after the ocupation. I didn't see any UM Admin resign over this. I think a more accurate analogy would be Austria.

dggoddard
04-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Logic would dictate the latter but I don't have much belief those runing the Big Ten have even half a brain between them to even consider logic to be possible for them.My best guess is that the two Michigan schools are more concerned about the perception of taking "business" out of the state of Michigan than the disadvantage of playing in St. Paul.

4four4
04-19-2012, 11:56 PM
You guys constantly bring this up like you want some sort of award or honor for it. You were as effective in defense as the Dutch army in WWII. Congrats.

You sound sad. Why is any non-Big Ten fan even in this thread? They really have no business even in here. Just sayin.

bronconick
04-20-2012, 12:26 AM
You sound sad. Why is any non-Big Ten fan even in this thread? They really have no business even in here. Just sayin.

8 hours and the best you could come up with is to channel uaafanblog? THAT sounds sad.

state of hockey
04-20-2012, 12:46 AM
There were a group of Wisconsin and Minnesota fans with signs saying Thanks for nothing B1G. ;)

No doubt Gopher and Badger fans might care, but you aren't going to convince me that the majority of other teams fans give a hell.

davyd83
04-20-2012, 06:08 AM

Why are you posting in the NCHC and WCHA threads? Do you really have any business there? I'm just sayin.

davyd83
04-20-2012, 06:15 AM
I'm curious about another thing, has the conference gathered input from the coaches on what they think about venue possibilities?

This is the world of NCAA hockey. They don't bother to consult with hockey people on hockey matters. It's only administrators and bean counters.

Hockeybuckeye
04-20-2012, 06:21 AM
This is the world of NCAA hockey. They don't bother to consult with hockey people on hockey matters. It's only administrators and bean counters.You are correct, but I pretty much knew the answer to that question before I asked it.

SCSU Euro
04-20-2012, 07:56 AM
I think that non Big Ten fans can comment here as long as its not just coming to gripe. And there is ZERO chance UND, SCSU and tUMD would bring more fans to the X than MN and UW

Tiggsy
04-20-2012, 08:39 AM

I agree. No logic used here.

But I think a real question to consider is what happens in a few years when one of the big ten programs decides to fold hockey because they don't have a women's crew team. Maybe UAH will be invited to join and finally have a home to keep the autobid.

4four4
04-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Why are you posting in the NCHC and WCHA threads? Do you really have any business there? I'm just sayin.

Do as I say not as I do. ;) Come on homes.

William Blake
04-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Whew, that's a relief. I heard it might be here (http://www.arenamaps.com/view_arena.php?sg=1&id=308). That would've been horrible.
Out of curiosity, how did you pick that rink? My folks are from Merrill so I was surprised to see the link go to a place I've been to.