PDA

View Full Version : NCAA era Program rankings-accomplishments only

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23

AnchorsAway
03-23-2013, 04:00 PM
It would be hard to argue with that. Michigan, MSU, Mich Tech, N Michigan all with titles. Who is the 5th?

And I'm guessing without really thinking too hard, is it Mass with 3 schools with titles?

Lol the 5th would be my alma mater and 3 time champ Lake Superior State....and yes it is Mass, 5 titles apiece for BC and BU with Harvard chipping in one for a state total of 11. Michigan has 19 as a state with 9 from UMich, 3 for MSU, MTU, and Lake State and 1 from NMU.

Back2BackU-MnPride2002
03-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Lol the 5th would be my alma mater and 3 time champ Lake Superior State....and yes it is Mass, 5 titles apiece for BC and BU with Harvard chipping in one for a state total of 11. Michigan has 19 as a state with 9 from UMich, 3 for MSU, MTU, and Lake State and 1 from NMU.

Well, I could kind of cheat now, and bring up Bemidji St's and UMD's many Natl Titles. lol

Osorojo
03-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Restricting the past to a decade, then BC makes the gophs look like a penny waiting for change. How far back do we have to go?

AnchorsAway
03-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Well, I could kind of cheat now, and bring up Bemidji St's and UMD's many Natl Titles. lol

I know UMD has one d1 national title but I'm not sure what you are referring to with Bemidji State?

Back2BackU-MnPride2002
03-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Restricting the past to a decade, then BC makes the gophs look like a penny waiting for change. How far back do we have to go?

And there were a couple decades there where you hardly knew BC existed.

Back2BackU-MnPride2002
03-23-2013, 04:10 PM
I know UMD has one d1 national title but I'm not sure what you are referring to with Bemidji State?

Well, I was making kind of a joke. Hence why I suggested it would be cheating. But Bemidji St has probably a dozen Natl Titles in hockey, just not at Div 1. lol

AnchorsAway
03-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Oh ok lol, yea I know BSU has a bunch from their NAIA days, and in the interest of full disclosure Lake State has a couple of those from their NAIA days also (actually from what i understand they were one of our biggest rivals back then).

UncleRay
03-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Lake Superior State is the 5th (who I'm assuming AnchorsAway is a fan of). Yes, Massachusetts has 3- BC, BU, and Harvard. For the record CO (Denver and CC), Minnesota (Minn and UMD), and NY (Cornell and RPI) are the other states with multiple programs with National Champions. Also for the record, when you add up all titles men's, women's, D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and AWCHA, Minnesota leads all states with, I think, 33.You forgot the beer league championships. :rolleyes:

HumRsky
03-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Lake Superior State is the 5th (who I'm assuming AnchorsAway is a fan of). Yes, Massachusetts has 3- BC, BU, and Harvard. For the record CO (Denver and CC), Minnesota (Minn and UMD), and NY (Cornell and RPI) are the other states with multiple programs with National Champions. Also for the record, when you add up all titles men's, women's, D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and AWCHA, Minnesota leads all states with, I think, 33.
I was editing this post while this conversation was happening.

HumRsky
03-23-2013, 04:20 PM
You forgot the beer league championships. :rolleyes:

I didn't include Jr College or Club :p

Back2BackU-MnPride2002
03-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Oh ok lol, yea I know BSU has a bunch from their NAIA days, and in the interest of full disclosure Lake State has a couple of those from their NAIA days also (actually from what i understand they were one of our biggest rivals back then).

Yeah, between Bemidji St, Augsburg and Gustavus Adolphus, they won 10 Titles and finished 2nd 6 times in 17 years.

Back2BackU-MnPride2002
03-23-2013, 04:24 PM
I didn't include Jr College or Club :p

Including AWCHA as well? Wow, you really went all out, lol.

Yippee skippy for Minnesota, I guess?! Although how you don't include the beer league championships, now come on.

HumRsky
03-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Including AWCHA as well? Wow, you really went all out, lol.

Yippee skippy for Minnesota, I guess?! Although how you don't include the beer league championships, now come on.

I do feel that the AWCHA was a legitimate national pre-NCAA women's hockey tournament.

Also, St. Scholastica won 2 NAIA titles

Slap Shot
03-23-2013, 06:12 PM

Their accomplishments the past decade dwarf pretty much all other programs during the past decade. Should they all too fold up shop? I can't decide if you're a genius troll or...

Back2BackU-MnPride2002
03-23-2013, 06:54 PM

I tell you what, when I get time, probably before the Frozen Four, maybe after? I will post the updated Decade Standings.

Best Programs in the last 10 years, last 20, last 30, last 40, last 50. HumRsky seems to have the NCAA ERA covered.

Best All-Time from the very beginning of college hockey might not be as easy? That might have to wait til next year?! lol Besides we all know that it will be the Gophers, so why hurry, right?!

But doing this I'll make sure your Glorious Boston College Eagles will get lots of praise and adulation for their absolute dominance of the sport of Men's College hockey for the last decade, or I should say that last TWO decades in fact.

I know that going back 40 and 50 years will have Minnesota #1, or maybe #2 depending on what happens in the next few weeks. But I'm not sure who will be #1 for that last 30 years?! Maybe it will be BC?

But no one here is dissing BC that I know of? What they've done the past 5 years was awesome. No one is going to deny that. I doubt any team will take them lightly if they meet them this year in the NCAA tourney either.

Happy
03-23-2013, 07:16 PM

Who knows, but BC is from the East, a region that the NCAA selection committe has since 2006 had to protect so that all 4 teams at the FF are not from the WCHA. How good can you be when the NCAA has to make things easy for you.

4four4
03-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Do you think they would be ashamed of you?

Yes, because he wasn't arrogant enough. I mean he makes a great case for the university of Minnesota.

burd
03-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Yes, because he wasn't arrogant enough. I mean he makes a great case for the university of Minnesota.

He's not arrogant. To be arrogant you have to be very good at something. He's a laughing stock. Worshipping something others have done to the point of absurdity is pathos, not arrogance.

Back2BackU-MnPride2002
03-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Finally got around to updating the rankings after the regular season, just in time for Playoff titles to be earned. Here's where they stand before the title games commence (I noticed that I somehow shorted Miami 9 points, so that's why they jumped 13 points into a tie with Dartmouth):
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/181066_10102973549145610_492109172_n.jpg

Just one conf title left.

Back2BackU-MnPride2002
03-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Hey, why don't you people giving me negative rep sign your name?

I got so much sh1t for not signing my neg reps, and I didn't know it was an issue, and when I was told it was, I apologized and haven't given any neg rep without signing my name since.

So grow a pair and do the same.

Or be a ***** and don't, lol.