PDA

View Full Version : The last wcha champ!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gophernation
04-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Who wins the 2012 regular season, and who wins the wcha tourney?

I know its early and teams might have players depart, but with what everbody knows about their squad right now how does everyone think it will play out.

FlagDUDE08
04-13-2012, 08:51 AM
The WCHA is still sticking around in 2013. Just like how the ECAC stuck around when the eastern non-ivies decided to split off.

Fighting Sioux 23
04-13-2012, 10:11 AM
The WCHA is still sticking around in 2013. Just like how the ECAC stuck around when the eastern non-ivies decided to split off.

WHAT!!!! :eek:

:p:D:D

Fighting Sioux 23
04-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Who wins the 2012 regular season, and who wins the wcha tourney?

I know its early and teams might have players depart, but with what everbody knows about their squad right now how does everyone think it will play out.

Here is my, far too early prediction (I usually like to wait until about August to put together an actual prediction):
1. Minnesota
2. North Dakota
3. Denver
4. St. Cloud State
5. Nebraska Omaha
6. Wisconsin
7. Michigan Tech
8. Minnesota Duluth
9. Colorado College
10. Bemidji State
11. Minnesota State Mankato
12. Alaska Anchorage

As for the WCHA Tournament, I'll take North Dakota to capture their 4th straight Broadmoor.

JohnsonsJerseys
04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
As noted above, this isn't the end of the WCHA, just the end of the behind closed doors, under the table, it's not about money, this had to be done, it's what's best for hockey, we didn't want to join anyway - oh wait you want us - ok we'll join, WCHA as we know it today.

My against all odds prediction is that somehow that math works out such that UAA, BSU, MSU and MTU tie for first with the other 8 tied for second. After eliminating the 5th and 6th seeds at the Final Five, the remaining four real WCHA teams toss their sticks into center ice and play four competitive mixed-squad pick-up games and declare that UAH is awarded the WCHA auto-bid to the NCAA tourney. This also works out by eliminating the need to have any hardware shipped back to the new league offices the week after the season ends.

September 2013 can't come soon enough.
Ryan J

Gurtholfin
04-13-2012, 12:27 PM
As noted above, this isn't the end of the WCHA, just the end of the behind closed doors, under the table, it's not about money, this had to be done, it's what's best for hockey, we didn't want to join anyway - oh wait you want us - ok we'll join, WCHA as we know it today.

My against all odds prediction is that somehow that math works out such that UAA, BSU, MSU and MTU tie for first with the other 8 tied for second. After eliminating the 5th and 6th seeds at the Final Five, the remaining four real WCHA teams toss their sticks into center ice and play four competitive mixed-squad pick-up games and declare that UAH is awarded the WCHA auto-bid to the NCAA tourney. This also works out by eliminating the need to have any hardware shipped back to the new league offices the week after the season ends.

Ryan J

Has a thread ever been won this early? :eek::D

I declare a winner.

Mods - please lock.

Map Man
04-13-2012, 12:38 PM

Ryan J

Outstanding take. I have nothing to add.

darker98
04-13-2012, 01:39 PM

Ryan J
Gurt,
How could you not have bolded the above part as well?

huskyfan
04-13-2012, 03:25 PM

Ryan J

hands down.

alnike
04-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Seems like after Minnesota and North Dakota, the WCHA gets pretty soupy.....
Minnesota is Frozen Four caliber, NoDak could be too. The middle of the pack might be on the NCAA bubble

3. Denver is very thin up front, but should have solid D and G when healthy.
4. Wisconsin due to rebound and make NCAA's with Zengerle
5. UNO - Capable of rebounding too on the NCAA bubble
6. St. Cloud - Need Hanowski to stay
7. Duluth - What's left on offense?
8. CC -
9. MTU
10. Mankato St.
11. Bemidji
12. Anchorage

Gurtholfin
04-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Gurt,
How could you not have bolded the above part as well?

Believe me, I wanted to. But then I'd just be bolding the entire thing and I just liked the vision of the mixed-team games I guess. And the UAH part. :)

Slap Shot
04-13-2012, 06:02 PM

If he stays I expect higher than 6th for them, maybe as high as 3rd.

Fighting Sioux 23
04-13-2012, 06:11 PM
If he stays I expect higher than 6th for them, maybe as high as 3rd.

Agreed. Depending on what happens with early departures, SCSU could very well finish in the top 2 of the league and contend for the MacNaughton.

5mn_Major
04-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Seems like after Minnesota and North Dakota, the WCHA gets pretty soupy.....
Minnesota is Frozen Four caliber, NoDak could be too. The middle of the pack might be on the NCAA bubble

3. Denver is very thin up front, but should have solid D and G when healthy.
4. Wisconsin due to rebound and make NCAA's with Zengerle
5. UNO - Capable of rebounding too on the NCAA bubble
7. Duluth - What's left on offense?
8. CC -
9. MTU
10. Mankato St.
11. Bemidji
12. Anchorage

There will be a handful of departures that will drastically change this before the first puck is dropped.

darker98
04-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Believe me, I wanted to. But then I'd just be bolding the entire thing and I just liked the vision of the mixed-team games I guess. And the UAH part. :)
It was all good to me, but you are right.

MavHockey14
04-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Depending on the new coach, I see no reason the Mavs can't compete for the 6th spot with the talent currently here as well as the incoming class.

Tipsy McStagger
04-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Depending on the new coach, I see no reason the Mavs can't compete for the 6th spot with the talent currently here as well as the incoming class.

Who do you think they finish ahead of?

SiouxFanatic
04-14-2012, 04:12 PM

Ryan J
^ Posting just to bump this.

seawolffan
04-14-2012, 08:37 PM
As long as UAA doesn't finish last, I'll be happy.

Way too early predictions.

1. North Dakota
2. Minnesota
3. Nebraska-Omaha
4. Denver
5. Wisconsin
6. St. Cloud State
7. Michigan Tech
8. Minnesota Duluth
9. Colorado College
10. Alaska-Anchorage
11. Bemidji State