The last wcha champ!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last wcha champ!!!!!!

Who wins the 2012 regular season, and who wins the wcha tourney?

I know its early and teams might have players depart, but with what everbody knows about their squad right now how does everyone think it will play out.

Re: The last wcha champ!!!!!!

The WCHA is still sticking around in 2013. Just like how the ECAC stuck around when the eastern non-ivies decided to split off.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      The WCHA is still sticking around in 2013. Just like how the ECAC stuck around when the eastern non-ivies decided to split off.
      WHAT!!!!

North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Gophernation View Post
        Who wins the 2012 regular season, and who wins the wcha tourney?

I know its early and teams might have players depart, but with what everbody knows about their squad right now how does everyone think it will play out.
        Here is my, far too early prediction (I usually like to wait until about August to put together an actual prediction):
        1. Minnesota
        2. North Dakota
        3. Denver
        4. St. Cloud State
        5. Nebraska Omaha
        6. Wisconsin
        7. Michigan Tech
        8. Minnesota Duluth
        9. Colorado College
        10. Bemidji State
        11. Minnesota State Mankato
        12. Alaska Anchorage

As for the WCHA Tournament, I'll take North Dakota to capture their 4th straight Broadmoor.
        North Dakota

Comment

As noted above, this isn't the end of the WCHA, just the end of the behind closed doors, under the table, it's not about money, this had to be done, it's what's best for hockey, we didn't want to join anyway - oh wait you want us - ok we'll join, WCHA as we know it today.

My against all odds prediction is that somehow that math works out such that UAA, BSU, MSU and MTU tie for first with the other 8 tied for second. After eliminating the 5th and 6th seeds at the Final Five, the remaining four real WCHA teams toss their sticks into center ice and play four competitive mixed-squad pick-up games and declare that UAH is awarded the WCHA auto-bid to the NCAA tourney. This also works out by eliminating the need to have any hardware shipped back to the new league offices the week after the season ends.

September 2013 can't come soon enough.
          Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            As noted above, this isn't the end of the WCHA, just the end of the behind closed doors, under the table, it's not about money, this had to be done, it's what's best for hockey, we didn't want to join anyway - oh wait you want us - ok we'll join, WCHA as we know it today.

My against all odds prediction is that somehow that math works out such that UAA, BSU, MSU and MTU tie for first with the other 8 tied for second. After eliminating the 5th and 6th seeds at the Final Five, the remaining four real WCHA teams toss their sticks into center ice and play four competitive mixed-squad pick-up games and declare that UAH is awarded the WCHA auto-bid to the NCAA tourney. This also works out by eliminating the need to have any hardware shipped back to the new league offices the week after the season ends.

Ryan J

Has a thread ever been won this early?

I declare a winner.

Mods - please lock.

Comment

Ryan J
              Outstanding take. I have nothing to add.

Comment

Ryan J
                Gurt,
                How could you not have bolded the above part as well?
                Last edited by darker98; 04-13-2012, 01:42 PM.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Ryan J
                  hands down.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Seems like after Minnesota and North Dakota, the WCHA gets pretty soupy.....
                    Minnesota is Frozen Four caliber, NoDak could be too. The middle of the pack might be on the NCAA bubble

3. Denver is very thin up front, but should have solid D and G when healthy.
                    4. Wisconsin due to rebound and make NCAA's with Zengerle
                    5. UNO - Capable of rebounding too on the NCAA bubble
                    6. St. Cloud - Need Hanowski to stay
                    7. Duluth - What's left on offense?
                    8. CC -
                    9. MTU
                    10. Mankato St.
                    11. Bemidji
                    12. Anchorage

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                      Gurt,
                      How could you not have bolded the above part as well?
                      Believe me, I wanted to. But then I'd just be bolding the entire thing and I just liked the vision of the mixed-team games I guess. And the UAH part.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                        If he stays I expect higher than 6th for them, maybe as high as 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          If he stays I expect higher than 6th for them, maybe as high as 3rd.
                          Agreed. Depending on what happens with early departures, SCSU could very well finish in the top 2 of the league and contend for the MacNaughton.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                            Seems like after Minnesota and North Dakota, the WCHA gets pretty soupy.....
                            Minnesota is Frozen Four caliber, NoDak could be too. The middle of the pack might be on the NCAA bubble

3. Denver is very thin up front, but should have solid D and G when healthy.
                            4. Wisconsin due to rebound and make NCAA's with Zengerle
                            5. UNO - Capable of rebounding too on the NCAA bubble
                            7. Duluth - What's left on offense?
                            8. CC -
                            9. MTU
                            10. Mankato St.
                            11. Bemidji
                            12. Anchorage
                            There will be a handful of departures that will drastically change this before the first puck is dropped.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Believe me, I wanted to. But then I'd just be bolding the entire thing and I just liked the vision of the mixed-team games I guess. And the UAH part.
                              It was all good to me, but you are right.
                              "My greatest achievement."
                              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Working...
                              X