Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification, they were both cheap hits. Funny thing is, that is the kind of stuff that will keep him on an NHL bench.
    Well, no one ever said he was going to be a mainstay in the NHL because of his talent! You gotta make it somehow.

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Well, no one ever said he was going to be a mainstay in the NHL because of his talent! You gotta make it somehow.
      Sad thing is, every time I see an open ice hit like that, I have a flashback to the O'Neill hit in Bridgeport 3 years ago.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

So there's two message boards floating around that I was really enjoying but they died off. One was about the Mt. Rushmore of a program and who would be on it.

Is there any doubt that Brendan Whittet gets on that after this season? Even if Brown goes two and out against Clarkson, he's gotten more out of this team than ever thought possible. Remember that this team, BEFORE injuries and BEFORE the season started (back when Roy was supposed to still be coming to Brown) was a UNANIMOUS choice to finish dead last.

Yann Danis, Brendan Whittet, Damian Prescott and Steve King.

If anyone says Roger Grillo, you're get a size 13 Humanoid boot in your you knows.
        Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
          So there's two message boards floating around that I was really enjoying but they died off. One was about the Mt. Rushmore of a program and who would be on it.

Is there any doubt that Brendan Whittet gets on that after this season? Even if Brown goes two and out against Clarkson, he's gotten more out of this team than ever thought possible. Remember that this team, BEFORE injuries and BEFORE the season started (back when Roy was supposed to still be coming to Brown) was a UNANIMOUS choice to finish dead last.

If anyone says Roger Grillo, you're get a size 13 Humanoid boot in your you knows.
          What about Curt Bennett? The Cat? Dick Toomey? James Fullerton?

In terms of recent players/coaches, I think you nailed it. But Brown has plenty of greats from long-gone eras who should be recognized. I think only Danis makes the list if we're talking all-time.
          Last edited by kdiff77; 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Speaking of Yann Danis: one of the greatest travesties of Brown goaltending is the fact that Brian Eklund was a draft pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning, but his incredibly superior replacement, Yann Danis, was not drafted at all.

Comment

Congratulations to the Brown Bears for a rewarding home ice finish. I have been following the bears all season, and although i don't get the opportunity to go to any games I have been following them through the internet

I have to agree with coach Whittets' comments with regards to Saturday nights game against Colgate. I also agree that the Bears actually played better against Cornell and all four lines were clicking well allowing the Bears to comfortably outshoot a very good Cornell squad. A few unfortunate turnovers and bad bounces resulted in Cornell's victory.

On the other hand as coach Whittet states the bears got quite a few lucky breaks in their goals for a change and Borelli had another outstanding game. The offence was not as sharp as the night before but the Bears faced a Colgate goalie that looked very shaky right from the start. Most of the goals were the result of a very unconfident goalie with two shots coming from outside the blueline, Harlow's going in and one hitting the post. Colgates offence was strong resulting in them having much better scoring opportunities with Borelli shutting them down and Colgate out shooting the bears

It was nice to see other players get on the score sheet even though as Whittet states they were guided by luck. It is my opinion that the bears need their skilled players to step up even more to be successful in the playoffs. In my opinion Lorito, Nclerio, Hathaway, Lappin, Zaire's, Harlow, and Lamacchia need to push even harder. It was nice to see Harlow catch some breaks. Both Harlow and Lamacchia have been quiet lately and seemed to be losing some confidence. Both players need to push themselves more for the team to be successful as both have a history of being top goal scorers. Lamacchia seems to be struggling to get some points but looking at team stats he is 2nd amongst forward with shots on goal, so he should catch some breaks. I anticipate the coaching staff will be trying to get the best out of these players. Because they know that they need all these guys.

In the upcoming Clarkson series the Bears need those players to push even harder. I agree with Meehan that skill from all four lines are necessary to succeed just like New Jersey. We must also acknowledge that Borelli is the main reason for our success and we need him to continue to be solid. His play has been a blessing for the bears in this run to the playoffs.

The bears power play has also been struggling for many games. Hopefully the coaches will find something that clicks. They have been tinkering with different options and nothing seems to be clicking. Power plays at any level need to be successful to any winning team. I liked the original powerplay with the 4 forwards and one defense, thought that they generated alot more scoring chances.

This group of kids never give up and in order to achieve success all have to contribute and you can't depend on freshman no matter how great to carry you over the top just look at Northeastern with you know who, that's right didn't even make playoffs. They need a big boost from their older guys to push them over these next obstacles. They should be proud of their achievement of home ice, but quickly forget about it and look forward to a good Clarkson team.

All in all I am pleased with the positives this year and look forward to more exciting moments to come.

Best of luck to the bears in the playoffs and lets hope we grab an ECAC Title.

Comment

Found this playoff preview online for the Brown-Clarkson series.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...kson-at-brown/
                Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post

What is he talking about? Clarkson never gave up 11 goals in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post

Not sure what season this guy is talking about. Clarkson did not give up 11 goals in a single game to Union this year (that was in 2010 ).
                    Clarkson did not beat Quinnipiac this year either but did lose a close 2-1 game in Hamden.

For Clarkson to win this one they have to have Lewis outplay Borelli in the nets and they have to stay out of the penalty box.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      Not sure what season this guy is talking about. Clarkson did not give up 11 goals in a single game to Union this year (that was in 2010 ).
                      Clarkson did not beat Quinnipiac this year either but did lose a close 2-1 game in Hamden.

For Clarkson to win this one they have to have Lewis outplay Borelli in the nets and they have to stay out of the penalty box.
                      Yeah I had to make an adjustment. This is why I can't write stuff at 2 AM anymore; stats and schedules get all glossy. I meant to say that this Clarkson team has the majority of their core being the same from last year save for Karpowich and Tremblay/Oakley. The Qpac thing and 11-goal game I just totally fanned on. It happens every now and then.
                      Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post

You might want to go back further than 1998 in your media guide.

Comment

here is Ken Schotts' take on Brown/Clarkson.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...cach-tourney-/

vicb: Will McPherson be playing this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
                            What is wrong with Sullivan? He's been slighting Brown for quite some time. Isn't he the same Brian Sullivan who used to attend games in person and was a diehard fan? It's a common enough name; I could be wrong.

The heck with him. I'd rather read KDiff's blog anyway.
                            Here's your chance to go after Sullivan:

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ockey-tourney/

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                              vicb: Will McPherson be playing this weekend?
                              I have not heard anything about his status.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                                What about Curt Bennett? The Cat? Dick Toomey? James Fullerton?

In terms of recent players/coaches, I think you nailed it. But Brown has plenty of greats from long-gone eras who should be recognized. I think only Danis makes the list if we're talking all-time.
                                Love the way you think, kdiff... Fullerton's got to be Brown hockey's Vince Lombardi and The Cat was pure magic.

Comment

Working...
                                X