Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    I actually root for Harvard anytime H plays Yale. Only time for H, I despise Yale and harvard equally.
    That's just sacriligous!

I'm on board with Humanoid.

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Just received this email.

A Letter From the Men's Hockey
      Head Coach Brendan Whittet '94
      Dear Brown Students & Fans:

I want to take the opportunity to encourage you to come out and support your Brown men's hockey team this Friday and Saturday, March 1st and 2nd, when we host Cornell and Colgate in a pair of pivotal ECAC Hockey contests at Meehan Auditorium. Not only do I encourage you to be in attendance, but we absolutely need your support! Tickets are free for students- let's pack the rink to capacity!

When I wore the Brown uniform, our home crowds were a crucial element in our success. Those overflowing Meehan crowds were our seventh player and we fed off the electric environment each time we stepped on the ice wearing those home Brown white jerseys. Our current team is on the verge of clinching home ice in the playoffs. This would be huge for our program! Why would this be a great accomplishment? Because we have not hosted a playoff series in our rink since 2005.

We need YOU in the building this weekend. We need your energy, your enthusiasm and your college spirit. See you at our rink this Friday and Saturday. Come early, so we can set the tone for the night.

On Friday, all students will have the chance to compete in chuck-a-puck during one of the intermissions with a chance to win an awesome prize from the Department of Athletics.

On Saturday, the first 200 students will receive free pizza during the second period.

WHO: Men's Hockey Team
      WHAT: Final Home Games of the 2012-13 regular season vs. Cornell & Colgate with home ice for playoffs on the line
      WHERE: Meehan Auditorium
      WHEN: Friday, March 1 7:00 p.m. vs. Cornell
      Saturday, March 2 4:00 p.m. vs. Colgate

Ever True
      Head Coach Brendan Whittet ’94

Hopefully the students will heed Whittet's message, especially with the typical Cornell contingent expected to be on hand Friday night.

Seriously, what else are these kids doing at 7:00 on a Friday night? Parties start later. You're not studying; it's a Friday. There are no classes.
      And what about Saturday afternoon? What in the world could they possibly be doing then?

I know students have busy lives, but attending a couple sporting events to support your classmates and friends is NOT too much to ask for.

Comment

I might be too optimistic about student turnout, but I am planning on arriving at Meehan a few hours before the puck is dropped. Does Hope Street pizza deliver?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
          I might be too optimistic about student turnout, but I am planning on arriving at Meehan a few hours before the puck is dropped. Does Hope Street pizza deliver?
          You know what I can't find anywhere anymore and it actually upsets me? Ronzio - Bruno's favorite pizza.

Worst pizza I ever had (actually it wasn't that bad), but if I'm coming this weekend, it's Hope Street or Caserta. Hope Street Pizza has some amazing stuff. Gyro /droooooool
          Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            Just received this email.

A Letter From the Men's Hockey
            Head Coach Brendan Whittet '94
            Dear Brown Students & Fans:

I want to take the opportunity to encourage you to come out and support your Brown men's hockey team this Friday and Saturday, March 1st and 2nd, when we host Cornell and Colgate in a pair of pivotal ECAC Hockey contests at Meehan Auditorium. Not only do I encourage you to be in attendance, but we absolutely need your support! Tickets are free for students- let's pack the rink to capacity!

When I wore the Brown uniform, our home crowds were a crucial element in our success. Those overflowing Meehan crowds were our seventh player and we fed off the electric environment each time we stepped on the ice wearing those home Brown white jerseys. Our current team is on the verge of clinching home ice in the playoffs. This would be huge for our program! Why would this be a great accomplishment? Because we have not hosted a playoff series in our rink since 2005.

We need YOU in the building this weekend. We need your energy, your enthusiasm and your college spirit. See you at our rink this Friday and Saturday. Come early, so we can set the tone for the night.

On Friday, all students will have the chance to compete in chuck-a-puck during one of the intermissions with a chance to win an awesome prize from the Department of Athletics.

On Saturday, the first 200 students will receive free pizza during the second period.

WHO: Men's Hockey Team
            WHAT: Final Home Games of the 2012-13 regular season vs. Cornell & Colgate with home ice for playoffs on the line
            WHERE: Meehan Auditorium
            WHEN: Friday, March 1 7:00 p.m. vs. Cornell
            Saturday, March 2 4:00 p.m. vs. Colgate

Ever True
            Head Coach Brendan Whittet ’94

Hopefully the students will heed Whittet's message, especially with the typical Cornell contingent expected to be on hand Friday night.

Seriously, what else are these kids doing at 7:00 on a Friday night? Parties start later. You're not studying; it's a Friday. There are no classes.
            And what about Saturday afternoon? What in the world could they possibly be doing then?

I know students have busy lives, but attending a couple sporting events to support your classmates and friends is NOT too much to ask for.
            I, Humanoid, do solemnly swear that I will be at the game early, that I will get sufficiently lubed up before the game, that I will harken back to the days when I would paint my body and chant things that would have had my mother washing my mouth out with soap. It doesn't matter that I'll need to use silver face paint to cover up my gray hair. It doesn't matter that I can't shake off a hang over like I could in 2005. All that matters is that I put together a throw back performance for the ages because Brendan Whittet wants me to.

Already planning on calling in sick to work on Monday because, let's face it, two glasses of wine can give me a hangover, let alone what a case of Old Milwaukee could do.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
              I, Humanoid, do solemnly swear that I will be at the game early, that I will get sufficiently lubed up before the game, that I will harken back to the days when I would paint my body and chant things that would have had my mother washing my mouth out with soap. It doesn't matter that I'll need to use silver face paint to cover up my gray hair. It doesn't matter that I can't shake off a hang over like I could in 2005. All that matters is that I put together a throw back performance for the ages because Brendan Whittet wants me to.

Already planning on calling in sick to work on Monday because, let's face it, two glasses of wine can give me a hangover, let alone what a case of Old Milwaukee could do.
              Atta boy! Give 'em hell!

Comment

Aaron Volpatti has been waived by the Canucks and picked up by the Washington Capitals.

Comment

Aaron Volpatti has been waived by the Canucks and picked up by the Washington Capitals.
                  Interesting story on Aaron in Washington Post, and the linked article in it is also a good one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...i-off-waivers/

Comment

Harry Z had a horrible game last night as well. Not sure if he got suspended

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...aps-perreault/
                    Last edited by LTsatch; 02-28-2013, 09:21 PM.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Today's top story on USCHO ---

http://www.uscho.com/2013/02/28/brow...m-competitive/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Harry Z had a horrible game last night as well. Not sure if he got suspended

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...aps-perreault/
                        Doubtful he gets suspended. Adam Oates, the Caps head coach, blamed his own guy for the play.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Aaron Volpatti: one of my all-time favorite Brown players.

Comment

Brendan Whittet merits serious consideration for ECAC Coach of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunofan View Post
                              For sure. Shame/blame on Grillo for recruiting three NHL caliber players who put up big penalty minutes! I'm sure Brendan was happy to see them move on from the program.
                              If recruiting, rather than coaching, was all that mattered, Roger Grillo would have won a few ECAC titles and possibly a national title.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                                Brendan Whittet merits serious consideration for ECAC Coach of the Year.
                                He will get some votes for sure but it would be hard pressed not to give it to Rand Pecknold after the season Quinnipiac is having.
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/