Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post
    He looked rattled after the first goal and didn't have the same lateral movement or focus on the last one.
    If you're referring to Brown's 2nd goal, when Pecknold called his timeout Hartzell was on the bench having his right skate worked on. I'm not sure but I think he had some problem with an edge or something and didn't seem right for the remaining couple of minutes. Not making excuses but something appeared to be wrong.

The defense was skating, but the forwards weren't back-checking on the last goal, which allowed Brown to put more heat to the goal than he had seen in the first 50 minutes combined, or so it seemed.
    Agreed. There were way too many bodies in front of him because nobody cleared them out.

In years past, a Brown team that has a goal disallowed would hang its collective head and give up.
    Gotcha...

Whoa, relax.
    Sorry if I came off too strong. That wasn't my intention.

Yes, that is what they are supposed to do, and they are good. But hence why I think Hartzell is a product of the system. I thought he moved well, made some nice saves, and is very good. But hardly one of the best goalies in recent league memory. Very good, yes. Excellent at times, yes. And, as you put it, certainly above average. But I don't quite put him in the category of Danis, Leneveu, McKee, Grosenick a year ago.
    I agree that he's not the best, but has to be considered one of the best even if he is just "part of a system". Perhaps our difference of opinion is due to me having seen every minute of his play this year. Yes, my blue & gold colored glasses sometimes obscure the view, but he has been our best player overall this year.

Please don't take this as personal effrontery or condemnation of the body of work Quinnipiac has put together this year - I am impressed by them, and, let's face it, most Brown fans would give up a limb or appendage to have a team be 22-4.
    On the contrary, I take it as a compliment.

As to the PWR, somehow Yale is #15. And their past month has been, well, iffy.
    One thing we have in common: a total disdain for the Bulldogs!

Very perplexing if I'm a Q fan.
    We were very perplexed.

The two games between Brown and Quinnipiac were classics, mainly because Brown played to the level of their opponent.
    Both games were up there in terms of tough competition. It seems Brown always play us tough and give us fits. We figured out most of the other teams this year but left 2 points on the ice against Brown.

Appreciate the dialogue, and wish you well. Unless we're playing you!
    Again, sorry if I came off too strong... was not my intention. We're both obviously big fans of our teams. If we don't face you again this year it will be fine with me.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      One thing we have in common: a total disdain for the Bulldogs!
      I think we can all agree: Brown and Quinnipiac are both better than Yale.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        I think we can all agree: Brown and Quinnipiac are both better than Yale.
        What more can we say about Yale except - they're not Harvard.
        Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

You'll notice they were both Grillo recruits. No wonder Brown had a reputation for thugging it up.
          For sure. Shame/blame on Grillo for recruiting three NHL caliber players who put up big penalty minutes! I'm sure Brendan was happy to see them move on from the program. In related news, the Warren Commission is looking into rumors that Grillo may have been seen on the "grassy knoll".

Comment

Originally posted by Brunofan View Post
            For sure. Shame/blame on Grillo for recruiting three NHL caliber players who put up big penalty minutes! I'm sure Brendan was happy to see them move on from the program. In related news, the Warren Commission is looking into rumors that Grillo may have been seen on the "grassy knoll".
            IT WAS KEITH HERNANDEZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz3PqA2Fmc

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

I won't discuss the heman Yalehaters club here, but I will point out that you have to Q,s defense some credit, Hartzell has faced 100 less shots than his peers this season. Q takes care of the puck before it gets to him, that said, he is still a very good and experienced goalie.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                I won't discuss the heman Yalehaters club here
                Hey, nothing personal. You seem like a knowledgeable and classy guy. But when Yale loses, I smile.

Comment

Hey, nothing personal. You seem like a knowledgeable and classy guy. But when Yale loses, I smile.
                  What he said!

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Q takes care of the puck before it gets to him, that said, he is still a very good and experienced goalie.
                  It's been somewhat of a double-edged sword... he never really gets tested and goes for long stretches of time without even seeing a puck. Then the D collapses or makes a mistake and he's put on the spot in the blink of an eye. He's been excellent within the system he plays in but is far from being the best, although I think he's one of the better ones out there right now. Much like Borelli, the team sometimes depends on him too much.

Ok, I've taken up way too much time on Brown's turf so I'll crawl back to my cave and enjoy another (unexpected) week at #1.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

An interesting note: Brown is the highest-ranked team with a losing record in the Pairwise (31st). Not that it matters, because the only way we could conceivably make the tournament is by winning the ECAC. But still...it's nice that our great efforts are recognized by the computers, if not the media.

Comment

Thoughts on a terrific weekend.

http://brownhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

An interesting note: Brown is the highest-ranked team with a losing record in the Pairwise (31st). Not that it matters, because the only way we could conceivably make the tournament is by winning the ECAC. But still...it's nice that our great efforts are recognized by the computers, if not the media.
                        What I think becomes important here is that Brown will now affect other teams records as a TUC. Maybe they don't get an at large bid (they won't), but if Brown stays in the rankings, they will affect other records against TUC. For example, if Brown beats Yale at some point during the playoffs (again), it would give Yale another 1 or 2 losses. Likewise, if Yale plays Brown at some point and beats them, it's another 1 or 2 wins. So their record against other TUC could be greatly affected depending on if Brunos tays there.

Just an example; Yale is free-fallin' as it is. But you don't know how that plays out. It gives Minnesota State another W vs. a TUC, for example.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

But when Yale loses, I smile.
                          This weekend for the first time ever I will be rooting for Yale.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                            This weekend for the first time ever I will be rooting for Yale.
                            You mean the first time since the last time they played Harvard?

Comment

I usually root for both to lose, even though that's mathematically impossible. Or a tie. That helps nobody.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

I actually root for Harvard anytime H plays Yale. Only time for H, I despise Yale and harvard equally.

Comment

Working...
                                X