Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
    Charlie's father, John Corcoran, was a star forward at Bowdoin College in the late 70s and early 80s, scoring 135 points (57 goals, 78 assists) in 101 games. His aunt, Mardie Corcoran, was an outstanding player for Brown. Great bloodlines...
    As FYI - USHR has good words to say about Corcoran, calling him skilled enough to be a top 6 forward, but also fast and gritty enough to play anywhere in the lineup. They also praise Whittet/White/Souza for their recent recruiting and, despite losing you-know-who, think that Lappin, Naclerio, Pfeil and Pryzbek will be very good additions for Bruno.
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

FYI - Another (2013) recruit according to USHR. Finnish defenseman Aleksi Rossi (3/15/93, 6’2”, 179). Rossi played the past two seasons in Finland’s top junior league and is a big stay-at-home defenseman. He’s en route to the U.S. and will play for Waterloo (USHL) this season.

Comment

Ken Schotts reports in his blog that the ECAC coaches and media poll results are out. Brown is 12th in both.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...hes-and-media/

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
          Ken Schotts reports in his blog that the ECAC coaches and media poll results are out. Brown is 12th in both.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...hes-and-media/
          I guess the title of this thread is all too apt. Seriously, I know we need to stay upbeat, but it's **** discouraging reading the rankings. I know all the reasons why it's a challenge to recruit for Ivy and ECAC (but especially Ivy) hockey, but shouldn't we at least be able to make an institutional commitment to being in the top half of our league? Or among the top 3 Ivies in the ECAC?

I really feel for Brendan. His positive attitude is wonderful, but this can't be a lot of fun.

Hope the Bears prove the polls wrong and finish higher than last this year.

Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi. You're our only hope!

Comment

Who knew you couldn't post the D-word here? Squeaky clean, we are.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
              Hope the Bears prove the polls wrong and finish higher than last this year.
              I have a lot of confidence that this team will prove the polls wrong and that Brendan will make sure of that.

Comment

Bobby Farnham with Montreal AHL's Hamilton team

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...582/story.html

Comment

I have a lot of confidence that this team will prove the polls wrong and that Brendan will make sure of that.
                  I hope so, but Brown needs to step its recruiting in order to move up to the next level. The non-scholarship excuse doesn't work any longer. Brown has made significant improvements in financial aid packages, and the Brown University brand is more valuable than at any time in the school's 248-year history.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
                    I hope so, but Brown needs to step its recruiting in order to move up to the next level. The non-scholarship excuse doesn't work any longer. Brown has made significant improvements in financial aid packages, and the Brown University brand is more valuable than at any time in the school's 248-year history.
                    I think what has happened is that it has gotten out that the coaches are not always truthful with potential recruits and the head coach does not always keep his word so they are finding it hard to attract the quality of kid they need. I have a friend who just went thru a nightmare with one of the assistant coaches basically lying over and over to the parents and the kid and then not having enough class to even call the kid back directly. You can't do that if you want to attract the right type of recruit as the hockey recruiting world is too small. My guess is until that is corrected they will have more and more decommits of good players and have an even more difficult time getting the right players in.

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastguru View Post
                      I think what has happened is that it has gotten out that the coaches are not always truthful with potential recruits and the head coach does not always keep his word so they are finding it hard to attract the quality of kid they need. I have a friend who just went thru a nightmare with one of the assistant coaches basically lying over and over to the parents and the kid and then not having enough class to even call the kid back directly. You can't do that if you want to attract the right type of recruit as the hockey recruiting world is too small. My guess is until that is corrected they will have more and more decommits of good players and have an even more difficult time getting the right players in.
                      My friend's, brother's, wife's cousin says you're totally making this up...so there.

Comment

I have it on good authority that you're full of ****.

The good authority is deductive reasoning.

Comment

This is a totally ridiculous statement.

Comment

Frustrating to see a lot of the ECAC teams playing games already, both exhibition and non-exhibition, and Bruno hasn't even officially started practice. When does practice officially begin?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
                              Frustrating to see a lot of the ECAC teams playing games already, both exhibition and non-exhibition, and Bruno hasn't even officially started practice. When does practice officially begin?
                              Aren't rules in the Ivy League different? Like no athletic scholarships. And starting the hockey season later than the rest of the NCAA. When you checked other ECAC teams, did you not notice that no other Ivies had played??
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Friday, October 12.

Also, the Bears are scheduled to meet Harvard in a 4:00 p.m. exhibition game at the Bright Center on Saturday, October 20.
                                LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Working...
                                X