X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    US Hockey Report: "Brown Kicked in the Head"
    The USHR article mentions rumors of possible tampering by other DI programs. Hard to prove, but it will be interesting to see where he / they end up.

Comment

you're right. He is smallish, and that probably cost him a round or two. Going MJ is certainly an option for him, but why did his older brother decommit? I believe he is too old for juniors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
        As a NU fan, I can empathize with you. Laast year we lost Johnny Gaudreau to BC in a case of the rich getting richer.
        The only silver lining is that you might have been saddled with a one and done guy and a tag-along older brother whose goaltending credentials were reasonably impressive on a very strong team in a very mediocre league.

Bummer. But life goes on. Roy apparently never learned that Brown is so much more than a place to prepare for the NHL. It's such a shame that youth is wasted on the young.
        I didn't follow the Gaudreau decommit situation last year. Did he give any reasons? Charges of tampering?

Comment

Johnny Gaudreau was a different story as there was a coaching change late in the off season. I am not sure why Roy de-committed, although there have been rumors for months. I think he is committed to going the college route and not the QJuniors, but maybe didn't want to play for Brown as it was trying to rebuild, but he should have known that a long time ago. These are young kids and hopefully there wasn't any tampering....

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            The USHR article mentions rumors of possible tampering by other DI programs. Hard to prove, but it will be interesting to see where he / they end up.
            This has Parker/BU written all over it....

Comment

I doubt he's going to BU. Or BC.
              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

So then where do you think he's going?? I'm not saying I disagree, but give us some insight.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                  So then where do you think he's going?? I'm not saying I disagree, but give us some insight.
                  UVM should have a scholarship available since Girgensons signed with Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    UVM should have a scholarship available since Girgensons signed with Buffalo.
                    And they are the closest to home. I do wonder if eithr Umass or Northeastern has some free money
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I would love to see him end up at a Lowell, Maine, Merrimack...one of the underdogs to land top talent these days...but I'm guessing it will be UVM, too.

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                        And they are the closest to home. I do wonder if eithr Umass or Northeastern has some free money
                        That's the question. who has money available at this late date. I assume this would have to be a package deal with his brother.

Comment

Kevin Roy is going to Penn State. The Roy family is very impressed with how Penn State "honors" its "commitment" to high ethical standards.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but once you sign a L.O.I, does it not preclude you from changing your mind and opting for another program?? Isn't there some type of penalty involved??

Comment

You don't sign an LOI for Ivy League schools.

Comment

You don't sign an LOI for Ivy League schools.
                                That would be juicy if there was tampering by Penn State. It would just be the icing on the cake now wouldn't it.
                                Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Working...
                                X