Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

'Yard getting ready for practice @ Cheel.
    *****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5cEBJ1CcAMhKhy.jpg******

Courtesy of Cap Carey, WDT
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Well the season begins tomorrow night against St. Mikes then right into league play against Morrisville on Saturday. Wait...what?....Morrisville on a Saturday, that has a nice ring to it.
      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Will there be a live audio or video stream online for the St. Mike's game?

Comment

yes....go to SUNY Potsdam athletics for the link.
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            Well the season begins tomorrow night against St. Mikes then right into league play against Morrisville on Saturday. Wait...what?....Morrisville on a Saturday, that has a nice ring to it.
            So no excuse this year if Potsdam loses to the Ponies....
            jk lol

I'm going to try and make it up next Friday.....tho I hate the Massena rink....
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Umm, if you come up next Friday you will be the only one there. The game is on Saturday and yes no more excuses. LOL
              LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

SUNY Potsdam’s men’s hockey team hits the road this season {Article from the Watertown Daily Times 10/26/2012}

By CAP CAREY
                TIMES SPORTSWRITER
                FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012

POTSDAM — A renovation project at SUNY Potsdam’s Maxcy Hall Ice Arena has some members of the SUNY Potsdam men’s hockey team reliving old times on the ice.
                The men’s team is conducting practices this season at Clarkson University’s Cheel Arena, a building that holds fond memories for Bears coach Chris Bernard, a former Clarkson goalie who graduated in 1998.
                “It’s a little surreal,” said Bernard, who was a backup for the Golden Knights. “It really hit me at a practice last Saturday. I don’t think I’ve skated on this ice very often since I’ve graduated, let alone on a Saturday. It was a (Clarkson) game day. It had special feel, I think, for me. I was the first guy on the ice skating around, just kind of taking it all in. There were some memories flooding back.”
                Another member of the program who can reminisce about his new practice site is freshman goalie Jon Hall, a Dexter native who was a key factor in Thousand Islands winning the Section 10 Division II championship there in 2008.
                “It’s a lot of fun to be in Cheel,” Hall said. “It’s a great arena and I remember playing here in the Section 10 championship a few years back.”
                SUNY Potsdam, which is coming off an 8-16-2 overall record and a 6-10 record in the SUNYAC, may be practicing at Cheel Arena, but the Bears games will take place at the Massena Arena.
                Some coaches might look at traveling 20-to-30 minutes by bus to every home game as an inconvenience, but Bernard sees an opportunity.
                “It gives us a chance to cultivate a potential new fan base by being (Massena’s) adopted hometown team for one year,” Bernard said. “I think it gives us a chance to connect with them in the hopes that when our renovation program is done we have a new audience that comes to Maxcy Hall.”
                The memories of Massena Arena aren’t as good for Hall, who squared off against Massena’s Division I state championship team in 2008.
                “They were always a good team,” Hall said. “We took quite a few beatings up there. It’s a great barn. They always had good fans up there. Hopefully we can get some fan support.”
                The one-year inconvenience is tempered by the fact that Bernard has a new place to sell to recruits.
                “We’re really blessed to think we’re going to have an opportunity to play in a building that is really second-to-none in (NCAA) Division III,” Bernard said of Potsdam’s new facility. “It’s not only the ice surface, and the locker rooms, and the state-of-the-art nature those are going to be, but couple it with the Maxcy Hall facility. It’s a showpiece that we are starting to see pay dividends now, with recruits from this class, and classes that continue in the future.”
                The Bears were picked to finish sixth out of nine teams in the SUNYAC preseason poll.
                “Preseason polls don’t mean a whole lot,” Bernard said. “It’s an indication that people have a degree of respect for us and aren’t going to take us lightly. Being positioned where we are gives us a chance to have motivation to say we think we’re capable of a whole lot more. Last year, we were competitive with everybody. We had a couple of one-goal games with (SUNY) Plattsburgh and (SUNY) Oswego. We narrowed the gap.”
                PREVIEW: DIVISION III COLLEGE HOCKEY
                MEN
                SUNY Potsdam Bears
                Coach: Chris Bernard (4th year).
                2011-12 records: 8-16-2 overall (6-10 SUNYAC).
                Roster: Jon Hall (Fr. G), Kevin O’Connor (So. D), Max Fogel (So. D), Kevin Carpenter (Jr. D), Nick Avgerinos (Jr. D), Ryan Miller (So. F), Matt Viola (Sr. F), Adam Place (Jr. F), Billy Pascalli (Fr. F), Ken Simon (So. F), Dan McCarney (So. D), Jake Rivera (Fr. F), Mike Arnold (Jr. F), Matt Thompson (Fr. F), Zach Blake (So. F), Brad Campagna (Fr. D), Mike Riley (Fr. F), Brett Waters (Sr. D), Vinny Buttitta (So. F), Todd Thomas (Fr. F), Erick Ware (So. D), Austin Keiser (Fr. G), Andy Groulx (Sr. G), Shane Talarico (Jr. G), Trevor Cope (So. F).
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Men’s Hockey Games Free Bus Transportation (for SUNY Potsdam students with valid ID)
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    SUNY Potsdam’s men’s hockey team hits the road this season {Article from the Watertown Daily Times 10/26/2012}
                    just sayin.........we played our 86-87 season at a downtown rink at Oswego, the place was a dump,holes in the boards wire instead of glass and we had our best finish ever that yr, **** that chris panek and co,perhaps all the trips to the rink and dealing with crap brought us closer.........just sayin

Comment

• Re: Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      just sayin.........we played our 86-87 season at a downtown rink at Oswego, the place was a dump,holes in the boards wire instead of glass and we had our best finish ever that yr, **** that chris panek and co,perhaps all the trips to the rink and dealing with crap brought us closer.........just sayin
                      +1
                      LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Incredible come from behind tonight by the young Bears squad! I know its only one game but I really like how the team looked tonight. Now to begin SUNYAC play....
                        LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

It was a good game. The refs handed Potsdam a few gifts though.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer6 View Post
                            It was a good game. The refs handed Potsdam a few gifts though.
                            I will agree that it was a good game. The penalties were earned, the refs gave Potsdam nothing. From where I was sitting I had a great view of all the calls and from what I saw they were all earned by both teams.
                            St.Michaels' tender committed robbery at least 3-4 times during the contest. If not for him, I could see the game being a wider margin for Potsdam.
                            Last edited by Saints17; 10-26-2012, 10:57 PM.
                            LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Well my Bears are 2-0 for the first time in 10 years. Tonight's game was an ugly one against Morrisville but I'll take it, sometimes you gotta win ugly. I do see some things that need to be worked on, but for the time being I will enjoy being 2-0.
                              LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Trevor Cope broke the SUNYAC record for assists in a SUNYAC game with six against Morrisivlle..three others had had five

Comment

Working...
                                X