Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

We don't always see eye to eye, Melissa, but I think bothman deserved that...

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
      He'ss le out of hockey in what, 2-3 yrs? The only word that comes to mind is "sad"
      Originally posted by bothman View Post
      Loser or realist? MWade - let me know if I need to send you some more pixie dust.

It's sad that this kid made a series of bad decisions that ultimately landed him in the ECHL.

I'm all for pursuing your dream, but as my original post indictaed, the ECHL is not a solid path to the promiseland.

I think the outcome could have been much different - more great years at BC, a degree in hand if hockey didn't work out, etc.
      Tough crowd... but I knew that.

These are bothmans first two posts and it seems he thought the article was about Brandon, not Edwin. He really only states that he thinks (Brandon's) situation is sad. BUT... good for you sticking up for one of ours, folks!

bothman... apology accepted by this BC fan, but you better be more careful next time.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Curious to see what people think was the most enjoyable BC championship to attend for those that have attended all or many of the FFs that BC has won. This would include all aspects of the trip, not just the games. Even though I spent one day in Tampa (thanks to the wife letting me go, and by "letting" I mean she had no **** choice), I really think it's right up there at the top.

1. Tampa - weather weather weather, great championship game + Gaudreau goal, nice BC contingent in Tampa as well. Went down for 24 hours to see the title game. This might have been the most glorious 24 hours of my life. No wife, no kids, great weather, BC championship.

2. Denver - great city, Rocky Mtn National Park, Rockies game, ripped the Sue a new bunghole in the semis, beat the Children of the Corn in title game.

3. Albany - tough to remember this far away now. Kolanos goal made it all worth it. Pretty good semi game to watch vs. Michigan.

4. Detroit - Two blowouts and the fact that this was in Detroit on a gd football field put this in last place by default. Still was a better FF to attend than I expected it to be. I didn't even hear any gunshots.
        I almost put them in the exact same order, but then I thought back to Albany.

1. Tampa - was awesome! My wife and I spent a week with friends in the great weather, saw some terrific hockey and witnessed another BC National Championship. Had a great week. I would go to another FF in Tampa regardless if BC is there.

2. Albany - the overall experience in Tampa was better, but the games and my emotions in Albany were incredible. Brian Gionta was, and still is, the most exciting college hockey player I've ever seen play, so this was his last chance to win the big one. I became a season ticket holder his freshman year and followed that group through the heartache of being so close for 3 years. I sat on the edge of my seat that entire game against UND like everyone on that team was my own son. When they won it, I was so happy for them... tears of joy ran down my face.

3. Denver - Great time, great food and the great Gerbe Show.

4. Detroit - Didn't go. Gave my tix to BC students because I didn't want to sit in bad seats, in a football stadium, to see a hockey game on crappy ice. I don't regret the decision... if the NCAA is stupid enough to do it again I still won't go.

So... I have seen 3 of BC's 5 championships live and they all are very memorable to me (even Detroit, which I saw on TV).
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Tough crowd... but I knew that.
          only when provoked

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Curious to see what people think was the most enjoyable BC championship to attend for those that have attended all or many of the FFs that BC has won. This would include all aspects of the trip, not just the games. Even though I spent one day in Tampa (thanks to the wife letting me go, and by "letting" I mean she had no **** choice), I really think it's right up there at the top.

1. Tampa - weather weather weather, great championship game + Gaudreau goal, nice BC contingent in Tampa as well. Went down for 24 hours to see the title game. This might have been the most glorious 24 hours of my life. No wife, no kids, great weather, BC championship.

2. Denver - great city, Rocky Mtn National Park, Rockies game, ripped the Sue a new bunghole in the semis, beat the Children of the Corn in title game.

3. Albany - tough to remember this far away now. Kolanos goal made it all worth it. Pretty good semi game to watch vs. Michigan.

4. Detroit - Two blowouts and the fact that this was in Detroit on a gd football field put this in last place by default. Still was a better FF to attend than I expected it to be. I didn't even hear any gunshots.
            Certainly hope Ms. Papagiorgio is not a registered member here!
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
              but he speaks the truth........

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                You don't understand, it was her best 24 hours too!
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  You don't understand, it was her best 24 hours too!

I'd say:
                  Tampa
                  Denver
                  Detroit
                  Albany - as a BU fan, the loss of "1949" was tough. By the time Denver rolled around, I was just glad we dodged the bullet in Madison and St Louis...
                  Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post

..... I was just glad we dodged the bullet in Madison and St Louis...
                    no chit
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Oops, meant Milwaukee. Sentiment remains the same.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

By the time Denver rolled around, I was just glad we dodged the bullet in Milwaukee and St Louis...
                        this is a happy time............it figures Terriers would bring those up, ouch

Comment

Oops, meant Milwaukee. Sentiment remains the same.
                          sounded like madison!!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I heard BC was raising ticket prices because their budget has been depleted by hanging all of those "BC 20XX National Champions" signs on the Mass Pike. Seriously I drive by it twice a day. It's stuck on 2010. So two years ago.
                            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                              I was just glad we dodged the bullet in Madison and St Louis...
                              Personally I was just glad to have dodged all those bullets in Detroit.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

RT @ImTheMoose01 Just another sell out. #Superfans "RT @BCSportsNews: What's your best caption for this celebration shot of Kreider? http://t.co/JIYqzk05 "
                                Not sure what prompted that, given the best attendance in the league, multiple sellouts, and a student section that for the last 4-5 years has been incredible...
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X