Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    I was hoping they would return to the last weekend being home and home with UNH. last years schedule had the exact same last 4 games except UVM was here but the 2 PC games were the same , away/home friday/saturday
    May be a while before BC closes out with UNH as I had heard that Hockey East was in a two year rotation for the final weekend games.The reason for a two year cycle is that games with Vermont and Maine have got to be played in the same location due to travel and the following year the 2 home games get reversed so it is easier to deal with that way. Not sure how a new 22 game schedule will impact this rotation however.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      I think Bertanga said the last games of the year operates on a 2 year rotating schedule. Granted this is all thrown out the window once ND & Yukon are added.
      Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      May be a while before BC closes out with UNH as I had heard that Hockey East was in a two year rotation for the final weekend games.The reason for a two year cycle is that games with Vermont and Maine have got to be played in the same location due to travel and the following year the 2 home games get reversed so it is easier to deal with that way. Not sure how a new 22 game schedule will impact this rotation however.
      so they will have done this for 3 years until ND shows up. Then this new directive will be used on the teams that are far away, Maine, UVM and ND, UMass , Yukon? and the others rotate with each of the these? What was wrong with the format they used in years past? every campus was in the same place as it is now as far as i know and they dealt with it.......... Oh well, it's like the 10 team league, it wasn't broken so why "fix" it and "fix" it they did

Comment

FYI got my season ticket renewal letter in the mail

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          so they will have done this for 3 years until ND shows up.:
          We will have closed out the season with NU on the last weekend and had UVM on the second to the last weekend for the past 4 years..... it's almost like they just photocopy the schedule and change the year! God forbid hockey east actually did some work to mix up the schedule and make it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            We will have closed out the season with NU on the last weekend and had UVM on the second to the last weekend for the past 4 years..... it's almost like they just photocopy the schedule and change the year! God forbid hockey east actually did some work to mix up the schedule and make it interesting.
            the only thing I wouldnt want them to tinker with they did. I liked the early December BC/BU weekend and the third league game in January leading to the 4th match-up in the Beanpot

Comment

I was thinking with all the issues in the UMass coach hiring, I hope when it's time BC makes the right hire. I'm one of the older fans and I date back to the 70s when Joey Mullen played on the team. We all know what a disaster was when Ceglarski recommended his assistant, Cedorchuk. Hopefully that will not happen again when it's time. I'm sure JY will have an opinion on Brown and Cav but I have questions about them.

They are great assistant coaches but are they HC material??? Cav has failed to get a position when interviewed and I realize the last one, UMass, is not an ideal job at this time, when he has been a fixture with JY.

Also, I worry about the AD's influence and decision making process, in light of the hiring of Spaz and that closed process of getting HC in football. BC football has to be a top money getter of all sports as it provides revenues for the other varsity sports. Many fans and season ticket holders have not renewed and the parking problem is well known and how it is based on huge donations to secure a parking spot is outrageous. I used to go to all the games but I have given up my season tickets and donations as a result, and I really blame GDF for this for not making it a fan friendly atmosphere. Also, I will not pay 750 for each seat I had in addition to paying for the season tickets cost.

I feel bad for the kids on the field that I cannot support them in person but I choose to speak with my pocketbook to send the message, not that it matters to GDF.

I think JY has at least 5 more years before BC gets to the point of hiring a new hockey coach.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

My opinion only, but i believe that the $5m 'endowment' tied to the hockey program was a big 'FU' to Gene DeFilippo. A 'Mess-Your-Own-Sports-Up-Not-Ours' message. Indeed, the best thing to happen to BC hockey is that DeFilippo cares not a bit about it. Those sports that he does care about are, by historical standards, a mess under his leadership.
                Chris V
                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Thought I'd share my newest collage of the 2012 National Champions. The 'framing' has images of every player, coaching staff, student managers + Clark, Hegarty, Lenz & Peters.

******* width="500" height="354">****** name="movie" value="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="FlashVars" value="i=I0000k1aqYuC_8wA&b=1">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="true" FlashVars="i=I0000k1aqYuC_8wA&b=1" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="354">

You can also see the collages created for the 16 members of the Class of 2012 (8 from each team) here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelte...000HKvcWE6Fmlk

-Melissa

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                  HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                  HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                    Thought I'd share my newest collage of the 2012 National Champions. The 'framing' has images of every player, coaching staff, student managers + Clark, Hegarty, Lenz & Peters.
                    Wow, that's really nice Melissa. Think I'm going to order the team collage.
                    Have you got team collages from prior years?
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I have collages for national champions from 2009 to date plus one w/ the captains in the center space for the '11 BC team here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelte...000KMhh67t5zW8

I'm also always happy to create custom collages - info here: http://hockeyphotography.com/faq#q11

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I have collages for national champions from 2009 to date plus one w/ the captains in the center space for the '11 BC team here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelte...000KMhh67t5zW8

I'm also always happy to create custom collages - info here: http://hockeyphotography.com/faq#q11
                        i'll pass on the 2009 collage...................I just bought the framed picture of the players skating towards Milner after the NC game and all the maroon and gold streamers in the air.This may look good on the other side of the big screen TV

Comment

******* width="500" height="354">****** name="movie" value="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="FlashVars" value="i=I0000k1aqYuC_8wA&b=1">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.photoshelter.com/swf/imgWidget.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="true" FlashVars="i=I0000k1aqYuC_8wA&b=1" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="354">

-Melissa
                          Just noticed... where is Jerry? Don't see him in the team picture.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Just noticed... where is Jerry? Don't see him in the team picture.
                            He's buried in there - See Shea in the top row w/ finger up, then below is Arnold, then York. This was the for tv group pose.

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

He's buried in there - See Shea in the top row w/ finger up, then below is Arnold, then York. This was the for tv group pose.
                              Wow, he is buried in there! It's like 'Where's Waldo'. Took me a while even after you directed me to him.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Wow, he is buried in there! It's like 'Where's Waldo'. Took me a while even after you directed me to him.
                                i still can't locate him

Comment

Working...
                                X