Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Article on Destry Straight from Vancouver Province - http://bit.ly/17dsbce I want an explanation of “For sure I didn’t expect to win a national championship..." - he knew he was coming to BC not BU, right?

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the link, he has a chance to make a huge leap in his SO year.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        Thanks for the link, he has a chance to make a huge leap in his SO year.
        Agreed. I expect big things from him this upcoming season.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Brian Billett and Brian Dumoulin are taking part in a charity game (and more) in Saco, Maine for the Michael T. Goulet Traumatic Brain Injury & Epilepsy Foundation (Our mission is to raise awareness for prevention and improve the lives of patients and families affected by Traumatic Brain Injury & Epilepsy Disorders. We provide funding for education and research towards prevention, treatment methods, and effectiveness, to organizations and local individuals for scholarship and assistance.) on 6/24 - http://www.michaelgouletfoundation.org/faceoff2012.html

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Chris Calnan from the Herald - http://bit.ly/calnan

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
              Chris Calnan from the Herald - http://bit.ly/calnan
              Kid and family seem to have their heads screwed on correctly. Nice to see
              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by brookie View Post
                "invited to campus to make Straight feel more comfortable" Please say you are kidding , aren't you ?
                you can thank me later
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  you can thank me later
                  And what would I be thanking you for? In light of Berget leaving after just one year, it is apparent no one told him his role on the team was going to be strickly limited to a Destiny companion. If you as a fan were privy to that information don't you think the child involved should have been let in on it? If your assumption was true and that boy was deceived that staff should be ashamed.

Comment

brookie, try not taking it so literally. it's not a stretch to think they gave Begert a shot because they saw him play with Straight or were told certain things about him by reliable sources. it's happened before and will certainly happen again. i don't think steve is saying BC told him "hey, we'd like you to come to BC, but only so you can babysit Destry".

Comment

Brookie should familiarize himself with AJ Walker (decent role player at a D1 level in his own right however).
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                        This is all from what I've read but Eichel seems to be a bit more of a power forward whereas Tuch compares more of a puckmover with great hands. Not a ton of stuff out there on Tuch because he came on moreso this year than last like Eichel. Another reason Tuch has gotten a little less hype is his teammate, Luke Kirwan, a year younger is supposed to be an absolute stud, and supposedly one of the best east coast american prospects in years. But Tuch seems like the real deal and really like this signing. Typically the NTDP kids will get a ton of attention in their first year and we'll really see how they stack up and what kind of impact they will have.
                        I saw both play last summer and this is a fair assessment. Kirwan is a complete stud. Had the sixth highest point total in the league and a year younger than just about everyone else (6 years younger than some) at 14! Having said that Tuch is a very good player, too, more developed physically than Eichel right now, in my opinion.

Comment

Globe article on Calnan - http://bo.st/ccbcc

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Once the shorter conference schedule kicks in, what are the odds BC and BU sign up to play an annual non-conference game outside of the Beanpot? I feel like two games a year just isn't enough. Keep the Hockey East games in December and have a floating January game, bouncing between Agganis, Conte, the occasional outdoor game, occasionally having a non-Beanpot game at the Garden... I like a lot of things about reducing the length of the conference schedule, but going from four regular season games vs. BU to two in less than ten years would be a real bummer, imo.
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Congrats to these Eagles on making the 2011-2012 Hockey East All-Academic team.
                              Link

Patrick Brown
                              Brooks Dyroff
                              Isaac MacLeod
                              Pat Mullane
                              Michael Sit
                              Patrick Wey
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

re: BU

With the probability of playing them in the Beanpot almost every year, I think the two conference tilts are enough. Leave that spot open for another good non-conference game.

Comment

Working...
                                X