Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
    This is pureee speculation, like not an absolute clue, but if I had to guess Alex Tuch makes sense for them. Played for Syracuse last year, so they'd be able to see him a lot and has been a known recruiting area for them. I'd be very happy if he did committed because he's a very very good player but no idea if its him. He's also an OHL flight risk, drafted in 5th round by Guelph Storm. Who knows though, I have yet to see any reports of anyone committing from guys who usually have inside sources on this stuff.
    Yes, that's him. He signed Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny View Post
      Yes, that's him. He signed Friday.
      Wow huge signing if that's true. Couple write ups on him...
      http://usahockey.stage.cancodia.com/...2_09&id=315293

Even with the least chances, Syracuse is tied for fourth in the league in power-play goals. The Stars are running away from the pack in power-play percentage, clicking at 30.8 percent, with the help of 15-year-old Alex Tuch’s work as quarterback.
      The league’s most effective goal scorer in even-strength situations is tied for its most productive assist man on the power play.
      “We basically put him out on the point,” Syracuse coach Scott Montagna said. “We run an overload and he pretty much quarterbacks it from out top.
      “He can shoot the puck. He can get it through to the net and score with a slapper, but he also really reads the ice well.”
      Tuch, a sophomore at nearby Baldwinsville High School, is excelling in his first year of Junior hockey despite being the fourth-youngest player on the roster.
      Montagna said he has watched Tuch’s progress for 10 years. All but last season, when he was a member of the Syracuse Nationals Bantam AAA team, were spent with Tuch playing with and against players a year older.
      “I thought he was going to be successful at this level this year, but I didn’t think he would be the leading scorer in the league,” Montagna said. “He’s just been so consistent in putting up points in all but [three] games all season.
      “He plays all three zones and does the little things that make the other players better.”
      Tuch prepared for his first season on the Junior level by being the leading goal scorer and ranking fourth in points at the USA Hockey Select 15 Camp in Rochester last summer.
      http://www.guelphstorm.com/article/s...h-round-choice
      OHL Central Scouting... Alex Tuch Player Profile - Alex is a highly skilled centre that has the potential to be a very dominant player at the OHL level. He has great size, skill and skating ability. Alex is an offensive threat every time he is on the ice and is very dangerous with the puck on his stick. He has a very good and accurate shot which he uses from all over the ice. He plays the point on the powerplay and does a very good job of distributing the puck and usually gets the puck through when shooting from the point. Alex has a long and powerful stride that allows him to get to top speed in just a few strides.
      From everything I've read, he would've been a first round OHL draft pick, if he had said he would go to the OHL. From the BC hockey blog's twitter,
      Tuch was ranked the #16 overall forward according to USHR. He is 6'2 and currently plays for the Syracuse Stars
      I think Eichel got a lot more hype on these parts because of him being from the Boston area, and it being a well known recruiting battle between BU and BC. He also was playing in the Empire a year before Tuch, and tore up nationals and playoffs last year, whereas Tuch came on this year.
      Last edited by sigx15; 06-11-2012, 09:40 PM. Reason: edit from phone post, more detail and quotes

Comment

Anyone else see that Eichel was drafted in the first round of the QMJHL Draft? Correct me if I'm wrong, but teams up there don't usually waste first round picks on players they think are 100% on board with the college route...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Anyone else see that Eichel was drafted in the first round of the QMJHL Draft? Correct me if I'm wrong, but teams up there don't usually waste first round picks on players they think are 100% on board with the college route...
          Ya this will be very interesting to watch. Doesn't look good for BU after reading this article. http://metronews.ca/sports/256797/ei...have-to-offer/

Many times its been when a kid makes this kind of statement, its an omen of a future move.

Comment

Why didn't hokydad tell us that Eichel was seriously considering MJ?

Comment

As good as Eichel is, this new BC recruit Alex Tuch actually lead the Empire league in scoring, with Eichel being 4th. To be fair, Eichel missed a few games, so on a PPG basis he was pretty much right there with Tuch. With them both being 96's, am surprised Tuch hasn't gotten anywhere NEAR the hype that Eichel has gotten? Anyone have any more info on Tuch, what kind of player he is? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                As good as Eichel is, this new BC recruit Alex Tuch actually lead the Empire league in scoring, with Eichel being 4th. To be fair, Eichel missed a few games, so on a PPG basis he was pretty much right there with Tuch. With them both being 96's, am surprised Tuch hasn't gotten anywhere NEAR the hype that Eichel has gotten? Anyone have any more info on Tuch, what kind of player he is? Thanks!
                just updated my earlier post, take a quick peak up.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                  just updated my earlier post, take a quick peak up.
                  Would you say they're pretty comparable talent wise?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    Would you say they're pretty comparable talent wise?
                    This is all from what I've read but Eichel seems to be a bit more of a power forward whereas Tuch compares more of a puckmover with great hands. Not a ton of stuff out there on Tuch because he came on moreso this year than last like Eichel. Another reason Tuch has gotten a little less hype is his teammate, Luke Kirwan, a year younger is supposed to be an absolute stud, and supposedly one of the best east coast american prospects in years. But Tuch seems like the real deal and really like this signing. Typically the NTDP kids will get a ton of attention in their first year and we'll really see how they stack up and what kind of impact they will have.

Comment

Here's the OHL scouting report:

Alex is a highly skilled centre that has the potential to be a very dominant player at the OHL level. He has great size, skill and skating ability. Alex is an offensive threat every time he is on the ice and is very dangerous with the puck on his stick. He has a very good and accurate shot which he uses from all over the ice. He plays the point on the powerplay and does a very good job of distributing the puck and usually gets the puck through when shooting from the point. Alex has a long and powerful stride that allows him to get to top speed in just a few strides.
                      http://www.guelphstorm.com/article/s...h-round-choice

__

As for Eichel, these clubs don't spend 1st rounders on kids they don't think they will bring up, he's gone. As a fan of college hockey, it's never good.

Comment

By the way it is official, Tuch has verbally committed to BC for 2014. He's the first 2014 recruit but Matt Gaudreau could come in 2014 or 2013, whichever year they decide.
                        Last edited by sigx15; 06-12-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Hear that Mark Begert is not coming back next year.

Comment

Not surprised in the least bit that Begert isn't coming back. They have 7 defensemen coming over the next 2 years and 6 of them are very very good, 2 could be 1st round NHL draft picks

Comment

Isn't Begert the kid who decommitted from Harvard?
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                                Isn't Begert the kid who decommitted from Harvard?
                                No, that was Linell.

Comment

Working...
                                X