X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
    So a hand pass in the defensive zone will be a whistle? or a pentaly? Either way it sounds like a stoppage which would benefit the defensive team in a tight spot.
    Whistle. Defense will not get a line change same as icing. Offense will.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Travis Boyd, Mike Reilly and Brady Skjei are in Lake Placid this week at Evaluation Camp competing for a USA roster spot in the 2013 World Junior Championships in Dec. Don Lucia and Grant Potulny are serving as asst. coaches at the camp under USA head coach and NHL legend, Phil Housley who currently coaches the Stillwater HS hockey team. Mario Lucia also made the evaluation camp roster.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        Travis Boyd, Mike Reilly and Brady Skjei are in Lake Placid this week at Evaluation Camp competing for a USA roster spot in the 2013 World Junior Championships in Dec. Don Lucia and Grant Potulny are serving as asst. coaches at the camp under USA head coach and NHL legend, Phil Housley who currently coaches the Stillwater HS hockey team. Mario Lucia also made the evaluation camp roster.
        Lucia seems to be doing a good job of catching the best in Minnesota still. All players who made it are Gophers with the exception of his son (where there were other cirmcumstances involved). Also, the list shows the major impact the OHL is having on eastern Big Ten schools...8 players from a region spanning from IL to western PA have defected to the league. Hoping that changes when the BIG is formed.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Lucia seems to be doing a good job of catching the best in Minnesota still. All players who made it are Gophers with the exception of his son (where there were other cirmcumstances involved).
          I am lost by what you mean... are you saying all the MN kids who made the cut are committed to the Gophers? 'Cause that still leaves Welinski and Trouba.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I am lost by what you mean... are you saying all the MN kids who made the cut are committed to the Gophers? 'Cause that still leaves Welinski and Trouba.
            Good call. Didn't see Welinski and didn't know Trouba was from MN.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Good call. Didn't see Welinski and didn't know Trouba was from MN.
              I didn't think he was, and I swear it just had him listed as from MN, but I must be seeing things, he's from Rochester, Michigan. So split the difference, it looks like its just Welinski.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

You did this wrong. DUBBSy would have started a separate "Evaluation Camp" thread.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  You did this wrong. DUBBSy would have started a separate "Evaluation Camp" thread.
                  In that case, the annual "Skate With The Gophers" event at Mariucci definitely needs its own thread.

Comment

In that case, the annual "Skate With The Gophers" event at Mariucci definitely needs its own thread.
                    +1

Hey why not a "press conference" thread?
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Now you guys are getting the hang of this!
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Perhaps we should have a thread for what belongs in the Gopher Hockey thread.

If someone wants to post here on any topic related to Gopher hockey...I say let em post.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Lucia seems to be doing a good job of catching the best in Minnesota still. All players who made it are Gophers with the exception of his son (where there were other cirmcumstances involved). Also, the list shows the major impact the OHL is having on eastern Big Ten schools...8 players from a region spanning from IL to western PA have defected to the league. Hoping that changes when the BIG is formed.
                          Although obviously not a trendline by any means, there were a few more college-bound players selected in the first round of this years NHL draft compared to 2011.

Paul Kelley, former Exec. Dir. for College Hockey Inc. (CHI), was working on exposing some of the scholarship misconceptions presented to potential OHL recruits. The CHI are restructuring to create a new governing board comprised of a combination of NCAA commissioners, coaches and athletic directors. Hopefully the CHI will continue to engage in the recruiting war with the CHL and clarify educational options for prospective recruits.

Comment

It shouldn't be that difficult to point out the differences in the CHL educational options. They are pretty well stated out as it is by those leagues. Whether they can break it down statistically may be another matter.

The player will forfeit his WHL Scholarship should the following occur:

- A player is required by their post-secondary institution to withdraw due to failure to maintain passing grades

- A player signs a professional hockey contract at the NHL, AHL or Elite European level

- A player does not enroll in a post secondary program within one year following his last season of eligibility in the WHL

- The Graduate Player is permitted to play one year in a designated professional league (ECHL or lower) without forfeiting their WHL Scholarship benefits.
                            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              No hand passes in the defensive zone if the big one. Trying to increase offense.
                              I'm fine with this change. It just didn't seem right after decades of not being allowed.

Isn't there also a rule that a kicked in goal has to involve a direct kicking motion to be disallowed and that there is some leeway to allow goals when the net comes off while the puck is on the way to the net?

I was also happy to hear a clarification that the Olympic beach volleyball rule of women not having to wear bikinis only applied below a certain temp.

Comment

Well we've reached the ides of August. Et tu Brutus?

Anyways, no news is good news. With Bjugs and Haula verbally commited, its looking pretty good that we're going to hold the team together. Whos a remaining risk? Schmidt? With Budish as captain...its looking pretty good. In fact, holding this team together will be a fantastic turnaround from the days of EJ, Kessel and Okposo.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X