X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    At least it was in the street and not in an elevator...
    Because urinating in plain view of a group of strangers is somehow better than urinating in a confined space with friends?

I'm not justifying Oshie's behavior or saying that Haula's incident is worse, but I find it hilarious how some Gopher fans are trying to rationalize Haula's behavior by digging up every indescretion by UND players. "At least it wasn't in an elevator..." "At least he didn't destroy a lawn mower..." "At least he has all 10 toes...." Other fans are simply playing it off as no big deal, "what 21 year-old hasn't urinated outside a bar?"

Oshie was vilified and called "classless" for his behavior, but when it's a Gopher player all of a sudden it's no big deal. The double standard is ridiculous. Both incidents are disgusting and obviously quite stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
      Because urinating in plain view of a group of strangers is somehow better than urinating in a confined space with friends?

I'm not justifying Oshie's behavior or saying that Haula's incident is worse, but I find it hilarious how some Gopher fans are trying to rationalize Haula's behavior by digging up every indescretion by UND players. "At least it wasn't in an elevator..." "At least he didn't destroy a lawn mower..." "At least he has all 10 toes...." Other fans are simply playing it off as no big deal, "what 21 year-old hasn't urinated outside a bar?"

Oshie was vilified and called "classless" for his behavior, but when it's a Gopher player all of a sudden it's no big deal. The double standard is ridiculous. Both incidents are disgusting and obviously quite stupid.
      Spoken like a woman who has obviously never peed in public!
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Most _____ players can be called classless without an incident such as this. Just witness behavior on the ice as validation.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          "somewhat sober"

LOL!
          That was my favorite part, too. IALTO
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I didn't care when Oshie peed in an elevator, and I don't care that Haula peed on a street corner. Whoopdie-effing-do. Moving on.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Can someone create a thread for this so that those of us who don't want to contribute to this childish discussion don't have to wade thru this garbage in our season thread.

Regards,

MNSoH
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                Can someone create a thread for this so that those of us who don't want to contribute to this childish discussion don't have to wade thru this garbage in our season thread.

Regards,

MNSoH
                They tried that before. Didn't work too well.

Comment

Sarcasm radar on the fritz, eh?

Comment

When you gotta go you gotta go? At least go down an alley.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

At least it was in the street and not in an elevator...
                      Yep that makes it okay. ***.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        When you gotta go you gotta go? At least go down an alley.
                        Maybe he thought that since it was Stillwater, no one would really care.

(wow, did I just go there? )

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          Maybe he thought that since it was Stillwater, no one would really care.

(wow, did I just go there? )
                          no way! Stillwater is full of yuppies.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Wow, the uptight bitter Whioux fans are out in force today...lighten up.

I take it none of you have had to take a leak so bad that the nearest street, backyard deck or tree work just fine.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow, the uptight bitter Whioux fans are out in force today...lighten up.

I take it none of you have had to take a leak so bad that the nearest street, backyard deck or tree work just fine.
                              I did 10 minutes ago. But I wasn't drunk, so it was totally different.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Yep that makes it okay. ***.
                                So, if I'm going to take a leak on your property, would you prefer I do it in your bushes or on your bedroom wall?

Not to mention the differentiating circumstances of Oshie not cooperating, getting arrested, and a teammate trying to break him out of his jail cell.

Both disappointing situations, but not on the same level.

Comment

Working...
                                X