PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

The Rube
07-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Reading another UND lame*** post by wasmaniac is like walking into a men's room stall only to discover someone forgot to flush.

He's the guy that sees there are 5 urinals, the far left one is taken, and he's the one that takes the second from the right.

HarleyMC
07-30-2012, 08:41 AM
He's the guy that sees there are 5 urinals, the far left one is taken, and he's the one that takes the second from the right.

And then after taking a leak, the clown stands there shaking his willy for 5 minutes just to p*** everyone else off .

wasmania
07-30-2012, 09:07 AM
And then after taking a leak, the clown stands there shaking his willy for 5 minutes just to p*** everyone else off .

So you're the guy watching me from the stall, standing with legs wide apart. And the guy on his knees in the stall next to yours must be brent.:p

wasmania
07-30-2012, 11:40 AM

And Harley, when did you give up the psychobabbler persona for the internet tough guy schtick? Advice: Leave the gooning it up to UND.

burd
07-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Since we are on this subject, are the low urinals are for the big boys or the little boys?

The Rube
07-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Since we are on this subject, are the low urinals are for the big boys or the little boys?

Yes. Some of us need the room. ;)

HarleyMC
07-30-2012, 11:04 PM
And yet more lame drivel from a former Gopher fan who defected to the Whioux. If there's one thing America hates it's a traitor like wasmaniac. http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/gtfo.gif

icehawk
07-31-2012, 12:21 AM
Since we are on this subject, are the low urinals are for the big boys or the little boys?Water is still cold in the low ones.:D

siouxfer3
07-31-2012, 12:24 AM
The summer long rumor of Roberto Luongo returning to the homeland here in South Florida have been quiet for wellÖÖnot long enough it seems. According to the USA Today, the holdup is Dale Tallonís unwillingness to part ways with future NHLer Nick Bjugstad. Bjugstad a 6′ 5″ 215 lb center is going back to the University of Minnesota this season, rather than attempt to make the Florida Panthers roster and good for him. He wants a chance to win a collegiate championship, and he has every right to do so.

As for Daleís stubborness I applaud him. We have no idea what the ceiling might be for Bjugstad. Never mind it would appear that the Panthers prospect pool is rich in men down the middle, everyone knows, a good center is hard to find. Itís even harder to find 2,3 or 4. With Bjugstad and Jonathan Huberdeau lining up as the top two centermen in the future, it appears that the Panthers are getting their ducks in a row.

As for Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis and his demands for a prospect as part of a deal, the longer this goes, the less control he has. Itís clear that Bobby Louís days with the Canucks are numbered. He said so himself after a recent poker tournament he attended. While we donít know what the ceiling is for Bjugstad, we do know this. Roberto Luongo is 33 years old. He puts up great numbers in the regular season, and seems to have difficulty winning the big game in the post season.
http://therattrick.com/2012/07/30/whats-holding-up-the-roberto-luongo-trade/

goldy_331
07-31-2012, 08:06 AM
Water is still cold in the low ones.:D

OK, we've tried to tell you Whioux fans before, but those are not for washing your face in, they're for peeing in. Every season I have to instruct one or two of the Whioux faithful when I see them in Mariucci. Also - No, not the elevator, the urinal.:p

burd
07-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Yes. Some of us need the room. ;)

Thanks for clarifying that. I've been confused about this for years, and in my old age I don't have the arm strength anymore to hold it up out of the water in the high urinals. This is particularly a problem at Mariucci, which does not seem to have many of the low ones for some reaon.

Siouxfaninseattle
07-31-2012, 01:03 PM
OK, we've tried to tell you Whioux fans before, but those are not for washing your face in, they're for peeing in. Every season I have to instruct one or two of the Whioux faithful when I see them in Mariucci. Also - No, not the elevator, the urinal.:p

Don't you mean in the street?

Bertogliat
07-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks for clarifying that. I've been confused about this for years, and in my old age I don't have the arm strength anymore to hold it up out of the water in the high urinals. This is particularly a problem at Mariucci, which does not seem to have many of the low ones for some reaon.

Mariucci has very low troughs; which I am guessing you're familiar with....

goldy_331
07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Don't you mean in the street?

That too.

gopher wes
08-02-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm surprised there has been no discussion about the captains being named....

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/080112aaa.html

ScoobyDoo
08-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm surprised there has been no discussion about the captains being named....

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/080112aaa.html

We're too busy discussing insane pre-season predictions and the Mariucci Classic.

Driftryder
08-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Hey did you hear, the captains have been named. :p

What Scooby said.

mnstate0fhockey
08-02-2012, 11:07 AM
We're too busy discussing insane pre-season predictions and the Mariucci Classic.

At least it's not in this thread. And as long as you keep giving him the attention he craves, you realize he's going to keep doing it right?

Driftryder
08-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Redshirt junior Zach Budish has been named captain of the University of Minnesota men's hockey team for the upcoming 2012-13 season. Budish succeeds now-graduated Taylor Matson in leading the Gophers.

"It is exciting," said Budish, who served as an alternate captain last season as Minnesota advanced to the NCAA Frozen Four. "I grew up watching the Gophers and looked up to all the players, so it is just an honor to be named captain. You look back at some of the past captains and it is pretty humbling to be in the same group with those guys. I am excited for the leadership role, but it is not just me. We have a good group of six or seven guys that will be looked upon to lead."

Senior Seth Helgeson and junior Nick Bjugstad will serve as the team's alternate captains.

"I am excited about all three of our captains," said head coach Don Lucia. "They are not only outstanding students, but they represent Gopher Hockey the right way on the ice and in the community. All three of them will be key players on our team in the upcoming season, and they are also some of the hardest workers we have."

Budish, Helgeson and Bjugstad carry on a Gopher tradition of captains that dates to the first season of Gopher hockey in 1921-22. They will be the 153rd, 154th and 155th players to assume the role of either captain or assistant captain for Minnesota.

Great pick for captain and alternate captains.

mnstate0fhockey
08-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Great pick for captain and alternate captains.

Agreed.