PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

darker98
07-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Not really. Not in the slightest.

Let's put symantics aside because we're never going to agree and look at it this way.

Oshie has seen the inside of a jail cell. Haula hasn't. Oshie has his picture and finger prints on state record. Haula doesn't.

There is a definitive difference between being detained in a cell and just cited a violation. To argue otherwise is purely asinine.
Looks like another 10 pages to read on Monday.

Dirty
07-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks again for Not ignoring the troll and continuing to crap all over our season thread.

No complaining next time he does it to yours.

Calm down Sally Sourpants. Without this silly discussion, there would have been about four posts here today. In a couple days it will go back to four posts a day and then your precious and oh so important offseason thread will be back to normal. In the meantime, just don't read it. It's not going to kill you as nothing of importance is going to happen in those few days.

Koho
07-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Who cares? My god the crap people find necessary to argue with the biggest dink in the history of USCHO.

I agree with the first part of your sentence, but not quite with the 2nd part. You must not have read the posts of the person defending Paterno on the Penn State thread. And I can think of a couple who could make a run at second place.

But, Haula is a college kid who did something a lot of us have done, but less discretely than probably most. But that doesn't make it right for a leader on a team, in a high profile position at a high profile program. For most of us, getting caught doing this isn't going to be news, and our careers aren't as dependent on image as an aspiring professional athlete's. He should hold himself to a higher standard. I am disappointed he did it, but am sure he regrets it for more than just the personal embarrassment. I'll forget it soon enough and expect he'll work to show that isn't who he is.

Of course UND fans won't forget.

JDUBBS1280
07-27-2012, 09:14 PM
It certainly is a lot of fun. Did you hear about when he got schooled on the radio? That was hilarious.

Or a guy who claims to practice law, you certainly don't know how to distinguish fact from fiction. Not sure how this rumor started, and don't really care much, but I've never called into or been on the radio.

Fighting Sioux 23
07-27-2012, 09:15 PM
...and he will run the stairs at the Mooch for his troubles.

I'm confident Lucia will deal with the situation properly, and I'm confident Haula knows that he screwed up. Again, college kids do stupid things. It has happened at every university across the country. This certainly won't be the last time a college kid does something stupid.

state of hockey
07-27-2012, 09:15 PM
I was arrested, but was never cuffed or taken to jail. Jail came months later.

mnstate0fhockey
07-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Calm down Sally Sourpants. Without this silly discussion, there would have been about four posts here today. In a couple days it will go back to four posts a day and then your precious and oh so important offseason thread will be back to normal. In the meantime, just don't read it. It's not going to kill you as nothing of importance is going to happen in those few days.

Many of us would prefer the four posts. Do what you will in your own thread, or start a new thread to argue with him in.

Koho
07-27-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm confident Lucia will deal with the situation properly, and I'm confident Haula knows that he screwed up. Again, college kids do stupid things. It has happened at every university across the country. This certainly won't be the last time a college kid does something stupid.

I don't know about this. When I was in college, I never did anything....um...never mind.

SanTropez
07-27-2012, 09:19 PM

I actually agree with dirty...wow.

Dirty
07-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Many of us would prefer the four posts. Do what you will in your own thread, or start a new thread to argue with him in.

So then come back on Monday when it will again be four posts a day. It really isn't that tough and it certainly isn't worth getting upset over. Nothing is going to happen in Gopher Hockeyland the next two days, you can safely ignore the thread this weekend. And if I'm wrong and something does happen, the thread will magically begin discussing that!

mnstate0fhockey
07-27-2012, 09:22 PM
So then come back on Monday when it will again be four posts a day. It really isn't that tough or worth getting upset over.

Or, just grow up, stop responding to a guy who is clearly just here to get under people's skin, and talk hockey. Why should I have to take a break from my team's thread so that you can co-troll the thread?

SanTropez
07-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Now if a Whioux player runs over a puppy or something this forum might get going again.

wasmania
07-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Of course UND fans won't forget.

Granted this back and forth is stupid on both sides but Koho, you appear to be holding UND fans to a higher standard than your gopher fans. Oh the irony.

SanTropez
07-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Or, just grow up, stop responding to a guy who is clearly just here to get under people's skin, and talk hockey. Why should I have to take a break from my team's thread so that you can co-troll the thread?

Talking hockey is tough in July though...

mnstate0fhockey
07-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Talking hockey is tough in July though...

I realize that. I'm just sick of the nonsense. I avoid the other threads for that reason. Anyways, not really worth fighting about :)

Siouxfaninseattle
07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Bwaahaahahaa - minnie fans are funny! :D

mnstate0fhockey
07-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Sorry Dirty, just tired of the trash talking and it's been a long day so I'm irritable.

I would appreciate it if people could at least limit the trash talking in this thread, but it isn't worth arguing about :)

Koho
07-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Granted this back and forth is stupid on both sides but Koho, you appear to be holding UND fans to a higher standard than your gopher fans. Oh the irony.

No. Maybe I just feel obligated to play a small part in the fan rivalry before it falls apart. (I can't be serious 100% of the time.) And I didn't say that the reason UND fans won't forget is because they are different from the Gopher fans (many of whom bring up Whioux player indiscretions years later - or talk about former coaches incessantly - or see themselves/himself as the sole source of truth and never wrong). It is all part of the board.

Dude Love
07-27-2012, 10:13 PM
UND fans are so cute. And people think WE have an unhealthy obsession with the Gophers.

willythekid
07-27-2012, 10:17 PM
UND fans are so cute. And people think WE have an unhealthy obsession with the Gophers.

St. Cloud fans are so cute. They think that people actually care about what they obsess about.