PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Tiggsy
07-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Awesome!!

Yes. Very awesome the glass stays put. :D

Thought this might top it off a little but I guess it was starting pretty high.

ScoobyDoo
07-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes. Very awesome the glass stays put. :D

Thought this might top it off a little but I guess it was starting pretty high.

I bumped it up. I had to.

state of hockey
07-12-2012, 12:25 PM
WooOoooOOOOOoooOOOO!!!11!

Tiggsy
07-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I bumped it up. I had to.

Sweet! I wonder if any other player could impact the glass 10% by himself. Can't think of one....

Hammy
07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Rumor has it Jake Guentzel will not be recruited by his dad. Supposedly, for what ever reason Mike doesn't want to coach his son. Thanks Harley. Sorry Mike. ;)

It's not a rumor. We've been discussing it for months. The reason would be no different than what Lucia went through with Mario. They might be talented kids but there is also the increased chance for locker room strife when a coach's kid is on the team. No sense in going down that road when they can land plenty of high quality players as it is.

SanTropez
07-12-2012, 12:41 PM
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/071212aaa.html

Enough said. :D

Woo hoo!!! Great decision by B-jugs... we're comin' we're comin'

Driftryder
07-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Great to hear! :)

I'm sure we'll see more of these type of plays from Bjugs this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dquWcH-DWSM

William Blake
07-12-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm amazed there isn't already a thread from some butthurt opposing fanbase complaining about how Gophers fans act like they already won the Championship. :rolleyes:

Dirty
07-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm amazed there isn't already a thread from some butthurt opposing fanbase complaining about how Gophers fans act like they already won the Championship. :rolleyes:

So wait you're upset that opposing fans aren't upset enough about Bjugstad coming back to start a thread? Well ummm, sorry, I guess? Maybe being obsessed with the Gophers is like being a teacher. Much like you wouldn't expect a teacher to work during the summer, neither should you expect other fanbases to be obsessed with Minnesota.

William Blake
07-12-2012, 03:02 PM
So wait you're upset that opposing fans aren't upset enough about Bjugstad coming back to start a thread? Well ummm, sorry, I guess? Maybe being obsessed with the Gophers is like being a teacher. Much like you wouldn't expect a teacher to work during the summer, neither should you expect other fanbases to be obsessed with Minnesota.
meh, this is close, I guess. But it's not its own thread...

MinnesotaNorthStar
07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
So wait you're upset that opposing fans aren't upset enough about Bjugstad coming back to start a thread? Well ummm, sorry, I guess? Maybe being obsessed with the Gophers is like being a teacher. Much like you wouldn't expect a teacher to work during the summer, neither should you expect other fanbases to be obsessed with Minnesota.I don't think I ever remember an opposing fan starting a thread that claims the Gopher fans think they have already won the championship.

Congrats on retaining Bjugstad...

Tiggsy
07-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't think I ever remember an opposing fan starting a thread that claims the Gopher fans think they have already won the championship.

Congrats on retaining Bjugstad...

That's a given year after year. Why start a thread to point out what everyone already knows? Just hand us the trophy now and we'll spare all you the embarassement. Just trying to help. :)

It will happen regardless because everyone else IS obsessed. I think the real question is when the thread shows up about us started by an opposing fan about us going down the tubes because we lose a game or two.

MinnesotaNorthStar
07-12-2012, 03:12 PM
It will happen regardless because everyone else IS obsessed. I think the real question is when the thread shows up about us started by an opposing fan about us going down the tubes because we lose a game or two.The down the tubes threads are Happy...:p

goofy gopher
07-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Pieces are in place! Who said that again?:rolleyes:

Fighting Sioux 23
07-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Congrats on Bjugstad returning. A great talent coming back is always good for college hockey. Bjugstad likely will get many votes for preseason player of the year in the conference, and it will be well deserved. 6'5" forwards with that special knack for finding the back of the net don't come along all that often. It will be a pleasure watching him play for the Gophers next season...hopefully he doesn't kill North Dakota :p:D:D

5mn_Major
07-12-2012, 04:22 PM
This should be one fun year.

Thanks Nick!!

willythekid
07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Bring out the hair dye and let the sandbagging begin!!!

Koho
07-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Christmas in July! Gotta Love it! Thanks for coming back Nick!

Slap Shot
07-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Nice!

HarleyMC
07-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Yabadabadooo! Wise decision by Nick to return for some solid reasons. With the Panthers recent acquisition of Mueller and the high possibility of Huberdeau signing as a rookie forward next season, I think he saw the possibility of stepping onto NHL ice next season diminish a bit. He'll be nearly finished academically at the U after next season, and last but not least, the Gophers now have the most depth and talent of any team in the WCHA. This is going to be one helluva ride this coming season!:D

"I thought I had a pretty good season last year, but I kind of died down toward the end of the season. I want to have a strong full season. Obviously we did not end well with our last game and that kind of sits in the back of your head. It is important to me to hopefully make it back there and do better than we did".

Me thinks with B-jugs, the best is yet to come...

Go Gophers!