Quinnipiac Bobcats 2012 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinnipiac Bobcats 2012 Offseason

Another long summer ahead, but lots to look forward to...
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2012 Offseason

Just a quick note to continue where we were at on the other thread: Hartford Civic Center - November 4, 2005. QU vs Harvard in QU's first ECAC game ever. I distinctly remember an incredible effort on campus to build excitement... and it worked. The place was rocking... the Hartford Civic Center! Was just looking at the pictures I have. Hell of a game, hell of a memory.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
      Hartford Civic Center - November 4, 2005. QU vs Harvard in QU's first ECAC game ever.
      That was my first taste of Quinnipiac hockey. I remember commenting to my wife that the enthusiasm of the fans and primarily the students was unbelieveable.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      Northeast Regional:

Comment

With the banquet 2 weeks away it's time to see what everyone thinks the team awards will be.

Most Valuable Player
        Rookie of the Year
        7th Player Award
        Coaches Award
        Academic Award

Here's my picks:

Most Valuable Player: Connor Jones. Led the team in points and was a factor everytime he was on the ice.

Rookie of the Year: Matt Peca without a doubt.

7th Player Award: Spencer Heichman. Spencer was one of the grittiest players wearing blue and gold all year. He may not have a big physical presence but his heart is huge. He really stepped up his game this season and when they pinned that "A" on his sweater it was like he had a big, red "S". The only thing missing was the cape.

Coaches Award: Mike Glaicar. A solid performer who developed into one of the Bobcats best defensemen over his 4 years.

Academic Award: Pretty sure Yuri Bouharevich takes this one again.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
          Just a quick note to continue where we were at on the other thread: Hartford Civic Center - November 4, 2005. QU vs Harvard in QU's first ECAC game ever. I distinctly remember an incredible effort on campus to build excitement... and it worked. The place was rocking... the Hartford Civic Center! Was just looking at the pictures I have. Hell of a game, hell of a memory.
          And, that kind of drive on campus just isn't there anymore on campus. Aside from the Yale game, that is.

Comment

Even the Yale game hasnt been nearly as raucous as previous years and this years meant arguably the most with a bye on the line. Weak.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              Here's my picks:

Most Valuable Player: Connor Jones.
              Rookie of the Year: Matt Peca.
              7th Player Award: Spencer Heichman.
              Coaches Award: Mike Glaicar.
              Academic Award: Yuri Bouharevich.
              3.5 out of 5 ain't bad!

Kellen Jones shares the MVP with brother Connor and Zach Currie took the 7th Player. Read my recap of the banquet on the blog.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Congrats to all on your awards! Photos of the very good banquet are now up at:

http://athleticsmedia.quinnipiac.edu...key/index.html

Comment

Congratulations to all the seniors walking across the stage today!

As the parent of a graduating senior, it's an extra special day for me as well... I get to be the proud papa all day!

Best of luck to everyone in whatever your future endeavours may be!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                    Congratulations to all the seniors walking across the stage today!

As the parent of a graduating senior, it's an extra special day for me as well... I get to be the proud papa all day!

Best of luck to everyone in whatever your future endeavours may be!
                    Congrats to you, Mark! And to the new member of the Quinnipiac Alumni Association!

Comment

Home out-of-conference games.

Robert Morris University (Two-game series)
                      Ohio State University (Two-game series)
                      University of Nebraska-Omaha(Two-game series)
                      American International College
                      University of Connecticut

Four interesting games, and four really disappointing games. Wonder if QU will fill in by playing any tournaments?

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                        Home out-of-conference games.

Robert Morris University (Two-game series)
                        Ohio State University (Two-game series)
                        University of Nebraska-Omaha(Two-game series)
                        American International College
                        University of Connecticut

Four interesting games, and four really disappointing games. Wonder if QU will fill in by playing any tournaments?
                        They are currently scheduled for single games at UMass and Providence and a game against Colgate on Cape Cod. There is still one more non-conference game with an unknown opponent (the current rumor mill says that it will be against Maine, possibly at Portland).

The NCAA schedule spreadsheet set up and run by FlagDUDE can be found here and is updated very rapidly with any new information posted in the Schedules thread.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Figures someone would post on the hottest day of the year, and I'm surprised it wasn't me!

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                          Gotta have those AHA powerhouses!

As for the tourney's, I doubt it because UNO is scheduled for late December... so at least no holiday tournaments.

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          They are currently scheduled for single games at UMass and Providence and a game against Colgate on Cape Cod. There is still one more non-conference game with an unknown opponent (the current rumor mill says that it will be against Maine, possibly at Portland).
                          Maine would be a nice test for us. UMass seems to always play us tough even in their down years and Providence is up and coming. Three road games against mid- to upper-level HE opponents isn't too shabby, and that Cape Cod game should be a good one.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Say the word "Maine" and I come out of the wood work! I heard that rumor up this way shortly after the season was over. Portland makes sense because of all the ECAC teams they usually play there plus it saves a trip to Orono. I've been saying we need HE opponents on that schedule and now with
                            the UConn switch and the UMass/Prov games and now maybe the good ol' Blue and White I am getting my wish. See y'all at the Bank sooner than we all think.

Comment

I, too, have heard word of a Maine road game though it hasn't been officially confirmed. That'd be fun, a different HE team. A couple new posts on the blog regarding NHL Development Camps, other than that, things are pretty slow in the QU Hockey universe. Check out the posts. http://allnightwong.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X