Head Coach Lou Izzi resigns at Nichols College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Coach Lou Izzi resigns at Nichols College

I have heard from reliable sources that Lou Izzo resigned yesterday 3/29 at Nichols College. I am in totally shock!

Over seven seasons at Nichols, Izzi has amassed a record of 105-69-11 (.597), including an ECAC Northeast mark of 71-39-7 (.637). In 13 college seasons, Izzi holds an overall record of 191-134-14 (.584).

In his first five seasons at the helm of the program, Izzi has brought Nichols College hockey from the bottom of the ECAC Northeast to the top after the College suffered through 26 straight losing seasons, having won only 18 games in five seasons prior to his arrival.

This is a huge lose to NC, just when Alumni support was at an all time high for hockey.

Hopefully Nichols does their homework and gets a quality coach like Lou Izzi was.

Re: Head Coach Lou Izzi resigns at Nichols College

Originally posted by Fliptrips View Post
    I have heard from reliable sources that Lou Izzo resigned yesterday 3/29 at Nichols College. I am in totally shock!

Over seven seasons at Nichols, Izzi has amassed a record of 105-69-11 (.597), including an ECAC Northeast mark of 71-39-7 (.637). In 13 college seasons, Izzi holds an overall record of 191-134-14 (.584).

In his first five seasons at the helm of the program, Izzi has brought Nichols College hockey from the bottom of the ECAC Northeast to the top after the College suffered through 26 straight losing seasons, having won only 18 games in five seasons prior to his arrival.

This is a huge lose to NC, just when Alumni support was at an all time high for hockey.

Hopefully Nichols does their homework and gets a quality coach like Lou Izzi was.
    I thought Lou Izzi was the NCAA Compliance Officer for Johnson & Wales University?
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fliptrips View Post

Why did he resign ? better job ? coach at J & W ? tired of coaching ?
      Last edited by ilikehockey; 03-30-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Lou Izzi is the Compliance Officer at J&W AND was the Nichols Head Coach. He did both jobs for the past 9 years and did them very well. But, the current J&W Coach, who could not defeat the Bison complained to his AD and sold him a bill of goods (crap) that Lou had a conflict of interest. As a result, Izzi was forced to choose between his salary job at J&W or the part time slave wages paid by Nichols. Tough choice.....yes from a heart standpoint, easy choice from a financial standpoint.

On another note.....the Nichols AD now has two hockey coaching spots to fill. She recently fired the womens head coach and has now gone thru 4 coaches in 3 years in that program. The best thing for Nichols right now would be for the Board of Directors at Nichols is to examine the poor quality job this AD has done, especially in the hiring and retention of coaches. This athletic dept is becoming a comedy show. Paying varsity head coaches 10K is not supporting her programs. Any coach in his or her right mind would easily realize that Nichols and coaching purgatory are just a few steps from each other.

Comment

Working...
        X