PDA

View Full Version : UConn to apply to Hockey East

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

BU2K
06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
But in order to adopt the attitude of "been there, done that", we will first have had to have been there, and then done that.

That's never stopped UHN or UML fans... :D

bigmrg74
06-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Oh good. This thread has devolved (again) to a pizzing match between UConn and BC fans.

Pass the popcorn.Yeah, we should send somebody out for some pizzas, snacks and beer as well. ;)

brassbonanza
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Nand then you'll be rightfully mocked for ****ting your pants over one regular season win.

This is basically what happens any time Northeastern or UMass beats one of the Bostons.

Priceless
06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
This is basically what happens any time Northeastern or UMass beats one of the Bostons.
That kind of behavior should be reserved for times a team sweeps BC and BU in consecutive weekends...

FiveHole12
06-22-2012, 02:26 PM
That kind of behavior should be reserved for times a team sweeps BC and BU in consecutive weekends...
Because we all know that team will piddle out when it matters. ;) :p

Priceless
06-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Because we all know that team will piddle out when it matters. ;) :p
But eventually Jerry York will have to retire and the next Steve Cedorchuk will take the reigns... :D Then we'll see about piddling ;)

REDMEN2002
06-22-2012, 02:47 PM
But eventually Jerry York will have to retire and the next Steve Cedorchuk will take the reigns... :D Then we'll see about piddling ;)

Not if Jerry picks his replacement.

Eph72
06-22-2012, 02:56 PM
I know I'll be creamed for saying this but...you heard it here first. By the year 2020 the majority of Providence, Lowell, Merrimack and Northeastern will not be playing hockey in the same conference as BC, BU, Notre Dame and, yep, UConn. Ok. Blast away.

HawksSk860
06-22-2012, 03:07 PM
I know I'll be creamed for saying this but...you heard it here first. By the year 2020 the majority of Providence, Lowell, Merrimack and Northeastern will not be playing hockey in the same conference as BC, BU, Notre Dame and, yep, UConn. Ok. Blast away.

Do you expect to get "creamed" because what you're suggesting is asinine? Because if so, I suspect you're correct.

Priceless
06-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Not if Jerry picks his replacement.

That always works.

I know I'll be creamed for saying this but...you heard it here first. By the year 2020 the majority of Providence, Lowell, Merrimack and Northeastern will not be playing hockey in the same conference as BC, BU, Notre Dame and, yep, UConn

Of course not. We all know the world ends on December 21. Duh!

REDMEN2002
06-22-2012, 03:21 PM
That always works.

Most everything Jerry does works. Much better than Gene picking the replacement.

johnk
06-22-2012, 03:34 PM

I believe you are 100% correct except for the UConn part and I don't think it will take that long.

AspyDad
06-22-2012, 03:44 PM

Concur

Priceless
06-22-2012, 04:02 PM

Let me guess...

Hockey East: BU, BC, UND, UConn, UNH and Maine
Leftovers: UML, UMA, MC, PC, NE and VT

No.

J.D.
06-22-2012, 04:12 PM
I expect we will spend a fair amount of time in the Hockey East basement, at least initially. But I don't think UConn went into this to stay there forever. BC and BU are the models. Whether we can ever attain that level of success, who knows. But I expect that UConn will eventually be a pretty regular contender in Hockey East. Obviously not in 2014-15 though. By the way, didn't BC hold a parade when their football team beat a 7-4 Florida State team? The first victory over a big name is a big deal in any sport. I look forward to our first over BC.

BC is certainly the model for every team right now. You sure you want to model your program after BU right now though? ;) What does a pretty regular contender mean? Contender for the HE semis at the Garden? Fringe NCAA tourney team?

Honestly have no idea what you're talking about in regard to the football team.

I'd gladly take another couple/few terrible years if it ultimately ends up in hiring the right long-term coach.

jjmc85
06-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Let me guess...

Hockey East: BU, BC, UND, UConn, UNH and Maine
Leftovers: UML, UMA, MC, PC, NE and VT

No, no, no. Haven't you been paying attention to the west? The leftovers will still be Hockey East. The others will leave and form the American Collegiate Hockey Conference. Hockey East will then be under lots of pressure to invite Alabama-Huntsville while the American and National Collegiate Hockey Conferences play each other in the World Series every year.

jjmc85
06-22-2012, 07:42 PM
I'd gladly take another couple/few terrible years if it ultimately ends up in hiring the right long-term coach.
This is what I'm saying with replacing Toot right now.

claver2010
04-12-2013, 09:04 AM
So wait, there are 3 programs in CT

2 of whom are playing for the NC tomorrow

The 3rd has had 1 winning season this millenium and plays in a HS rink.

And Bertanga invited the 3rd?

Good job, good effort

Ralph Baer
04-12-2013, 09:40 AM

Good job, good effort Sacred Heart makes 4.

RSTuthill
04-12-2013, 09:43 AM

Good job, good effort
I am curious. How long did it take you to find this thread? It is almost a year old. Btw, UConn lost to QU this year by a goal. The HE Champion this year lost to Yale last night, a team QU has beaten three times by a combined score of 13-3. Also note that UConn beat UML last year once, and only lost the second (tournament) game after a 20 minute overtime. You folks will enjoy playing in the XL Center, HE's largest barn, year after next. :D