UConn to apply to Hockey East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn to apply to Hockey East

Did you really just compare Keith Aucoin to one of the best goalies on the planet? wow lol.

If you don't get that point, then there is no hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazyking View Post
      Did you really just compare Keith Aucoin to one of the best goalies on the planet? wow lol.

He compared Aucoin to whatever stiff from Yukon that got signed by an nhl team. #neverheardofhim
      National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
      two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
      b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
        He compared Aucoin to whatever stiff from Yukon that got signed by an nhl team. #neverheardofhim
        um no he didn't, Jonathan Quick never played for Uconn, he's from the state... only one that mentioned Cole Schiender was me. If you've never heard of Quick, you've never watched the NHL.

Comment

Have no idea where this thread is headed, but it is surely entertaining I was just defending UMass a little, that's all.

Schneider is a helluva player, btw. You may hear of him in the future.

Comment

I'm not trying to start anything but if you're gonna insult a player at least make sure he went to the school you're insulting lol.

As for Schneider, he played really well last year but I'm not sure what he is if anything in the NHL. I thought Bartus would have gotten more of a look considering he carried Uconn on his back in the AHA tourny.. should have been blown out by Air force if not for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazyking View Post
              um no he didn't, Jonathan Quick never played for Uconn, he's from the state... only one that mentioned Cole Schiender was me. If you've never heard of Quick, you've never watched the NHL.
              I've heard of quick, you numbskull
              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Then what in the world were you talking about? He never brought up a Uconn guy making your insult meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyking View Post

I'm not surprised you're having trouble connecting the dots.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                    Wow... I knew Boston hockey fans were insular, but this is ridiculous.

Powers &8^]
                    When you live in Boston you don't consider anything outside of 495 Massachusetts

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      Wow... I knew Boston hockey fans were insular, but this is ridiculous.

Powers &8^]
                      Why do you think I like being in DC?
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

How does UConn benefit Hockey East in any way, shape or form? I dont think I'd want them in the ECAC let alone Hockey East. I'm surprised they aren't trying to get someone like Union who I think could thrive in that conference.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyking View Post

So you're inferring that Quick's success has to do with UMass? That's ridiculous.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            How does UConn benefit Hockey East in any way, shape or form? I dont think I'd want them in the ECAC let alone Hockey East. I'm surprised they aren't trying to get someone like Union who I think could thrive in that conference.
                            Union is a D-3 school. Hockey East wants a D-1 school with a name brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                              How does UConn benefit Hockey East in any way, shape or form?
                              If you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you. About 8-10 years ago when Notre Dame just started to get good at hockey, I was telling anyone who would listen that if the school put any resources behind the program at all, they could become a force. I mean, they played in a dump, had a large passionate fan base (that just wasn't used to rooting for Irish hockey). Now, fast forward past a new rink, a couple Frozen Four's and being in the drivers seat in conference re-alignment and where are the Irish today?

Now, has UConn had the on-ice success? No, but have they had the school support either? No. They do, however, have a large passionate fan base, and while basketball is fun (for one month of the year anyway), I'm sure there are plenty of folks that would pay to watch good hockey too.
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Why do you think I like being in DC?
                                One of the best places on earth. Been there like 100 times and I am looking forward to two trips in the next three weeks.

Enjoy Boston though, too. Especially those years when the Sox have a pitching staff (not often, but it does happen).

Comment

Working...
                                X