2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Well, this should be another great end of the year.

We have the ECAC Champion against the CCHA Champion, and the WCHA Champion against the Hockey East Champion.

Who says that the regular season doesn't matter?

Good luck to all four teams, and congratulations on making it to the Frozen Four!
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: 2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Bring it, BC.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Should be a great matchup, can't wait.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

BC has quietly morphed from a potent offensive powerhouse into a stingy defensive one. Were we just dreaming up that BC-needs-a-goalie controversy from mid-season?
        Chris V
        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I can't wait. I'll be down in Tampa, and I didn't think I would be watching the Gophers there. Obviously, Minnesota will have to play the best game they have this season to take down BC. Cripes they look scary good.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good thing maroon, garnet and crimson don't look anything alike.

It's also cool to see the four biggest hockey states represented.

To be honest, I just wanted to post in a Frozen Four thread for the first time.

Go Dawgs!
            "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
            - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
            CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Interesting mixes. Is it true no NHL draft picks in the Union, FSU match and plenty in the BC, Minn?

Comment

Union and BC are the top two defensive teams in the country. Ferris and Minnesota are also in the top 8.

BC and Minnesota are also among the top scoring teams. I like them both to adv . . . err, wait. Never mind.

On the plus side, the brackets ensure that we will get a MN-BC game at the FF. Can't complain about that.
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Revenge for the 2007 loss to UND....Check.

Revenge for the 2008 loss to BC.....NEXT!!
                  National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    Interesting mixes. Is it true no NHL draft picks in the Union, FSU match and plenty in the BC, Minn?
                    And zero FF appearances vs. what? 30?

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                      And zero FF appearances vs. what? 30?
                      40, I believe.

2 vs. 42 now.
                      Last edited by state of hockey; 03-25-2012, 10:24 PM.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                        Good thing maroon, garnet and crimson don't look anything alike.

It's also cool to see the four biggest hockey states represented.

To be honest, I just wanted to post in a Frozen Four thread for the first time.

Go Dawgs!
                        Enjoy the ride...it's contagious!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Correct. 0 for Union and Ferris combined, 26 combined for BC/Minnesota.

See ya there!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Correct. 0 for Union and Ferris combined, 26 combined for BC/Minnesota.

See ya there!
                            Conspiracy. /tinfoil hat
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

An all maroon Frozen Four. Nice. (It's close enough )
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X