2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

BC vs. Minny = USCHO's biggest Doosh-off.

Love it and still hoping for...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Frozen4.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
      I just hope that Union blows Ferris right out of Florida and back to Big Rapids.... Everyone in the CCHA knows their easy schedule got them to where they are...
      Ferris was in the same cluster as Western this year = common conference opponents. If you want to gripe about Ferris' non-conference schedule, a TOUGHER non-conference schedule (Western?) should prepare a team better for a playoff run. If you want to whine about Denver or Cornell in the tourney being "easy", check their stats in comparison to Western's.

...It's a great day for hockey

Comment

• EDIT: Why did this repost just now??
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          BC vs. Minny = USCHO's biggest Doosh-off.

Love it and still hoping for...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Frozen4.jpg******
          Trust him, he's a Cheezewhiz fan, he knows Dooches....!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            If BC scores less than 8 goals I would be utterly shocked.
            In which period?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
              I was giving a hypothetical.
              Whoooossshh!!!

Comment

Union line chart - http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m20o1eH1Y41qcayzi.jpg

No changes for them.

Comment

So, what happens to the "Unholy Alliance" after tonight?

You guys still gonna have your circle-jerk?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    So, what happens to the "Unholy Alliance" after tonight?

You guys still gonna have your circle-jerk?
                    I hope so, you are the pivot man.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      In which period?
                      Good point
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

At this level its going to be about which team stays focussed, ignores the limelight and wants the win. Any of these teams can win it all. I don't buy the BC/Minnesota victor will rule. Ferris and Union have played and beat too many "Powers" this year to be impressed. Since January 1,

UNION is scoring 3.95 goals/game and holding opponents to 1.66 goals/game (21 games)
                        B.C is scoring 3.54 goals/game and holding opponents to 1.67 goals/game (22 games)
                        Ferris is scoring 3.29 goals/game and holding opponenest to 2.24 goals/game (21 games)
                        Minnesota is scoring 3.05 goals/game and holding opponenst to 2.29 goals/game (21 games)

League play is a hard one to call. I think this year the leagues are more evenly matched. In the Playoffs thus far:

ECAC 3-1
                        WCHA 4-3
                        Hockey East 3-3
                        CCHA 2-4

My guess would be that "This Year" the ECAC has gotten more competitive and the CCHA less so and HE and WCHA are just very very tough again. Who is going to take it? Which team wants it more. Which team has acid in the gut. Goaltenders and Defense and Depth are all great but which teams wants it so badly they can taste it. I don't know? None of the teams are playing like they want to go home anytime soon.

Some great hockey tonight !!!!
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

ESPNU is showing the Ferris State v. Cornell Midwest Regional Final now. Ferris State was largely outplayed and got into stupid penalty trouble with Cornell. I think Union's D shuts them down today and Union punches their ticket to the championship game.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Want Shegos View Post
                            In "Tampa is a stupid place for this news." I just figured this out. With the exception of ONE division 1 program (Alabama-Huntsville), there are no hockey programs in the states bordering Florida OR the states that border those states bordering Florida.

Sigh...
                            Sure there are. They're just not NCAA programs.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Gee, I certainly hope all the different varieties of ESPN show some interminably long, pointless, multi-overtime, lacrosse games before going to today's hockey games. I mean, you can only stand so much hockey excitement.
                              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Anyone have audio links for today's games for those of us stuck at work? I thought Union's normal radio station would cover it, but it's still just music.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X