Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

With apologies to Ferris St because I haven't seen them play, I did watch Union this weekend and I think people might be selling them short. I have the same butterflies in anticipation of BC as I had before BU and UND. Hmmm.
    I thought Ferris State would get blown out by Denver. I definitely underestimated them, as it seems many others have! That's one hell of a team.

I agree about Union and they have been on my radar for awhile this year. They were out here at the end of December to play CC and DU. CC played a really good game that night against Union and beat them, but I came away VERY impressed by Union...especially since they were playing on the big ice which they were completely unaccustomed to. They skated well and played a strong road game. By all accounts I heard from the night before, when DU beat Union, Union was good in that game as well.
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

Shouldn't there be two separate threads for the semi finals?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm pretty excited for the BC/Minnesota fan lovefest that's going to start oozing out of this thread like in the 2008 regionals.

I love the Gophers. Looking forward to this game sooooooo much.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

They just eliminated BU and UND...I love them too!

Should be a good one to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
            How would one suggest getting Frozen Four tickets that aren't at the top of the arena? I always said that the only way I'd pay a ridiculous amount of $$ for the frozen four is if Union made it, and somehow, some way Union has made it so I cannot miss this.

Is each school given a block of tickets to sell? Forgive me for being very naive with this whole process. Never thought I'd be attending this.
            Check the tickets forum.

Comment

We need to bring back the picture for "The Alliance" which was the Minne/BC combo logo

BTW Union and Ferris State played in the 2010 Mariucci Classic with the Gophers...its like Deja Vu
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SerenFSU View Post
                Seconded on wanting to post in Frozen Four thread... as a supporter of an actual frozen four team for the first time!

I think the fact that Ferris and Union made it this far is a testament to their teamwork. You can have NHL worthy players and not succeed, you need a team effort to win in the long run (Minnesota and Boston college are examples of teams that have both).

All four of these teams have worked hard to get here. It will be exciting to see how it plays out.
                welcome!

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                Good thing maroon, garnet and crimson don't look anything alike.

It's also cool to see the four biggest hockey states represented.

To be honest, I just wanted to post in a Frozen Four thread for the first time.

Go Dawgs!
                welcome!

Comment

BC in a cakewalk. The only uncertainty is the layoff, whats that do to the teams, other than that BC is by far the favorite to win the whole thing.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

BC vs. Minnesota is a game I've wanted to see for years. The other one is meh. I just can't see anyone beating this BC team right now. It's going to be a great game to watch.
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      BC vs. Minnesota is a game I've wanted to see for years. The other one is meh. I just can't see anyone beating this BC team right now. It's going to be a great game to watch.
                      Pretty sure that was the feeling last year when CC dismantled them 8-4 or whatever. You can never tell in single game tourneys.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Pretty sure that was the feeling last year when CC dismantled them 8-4 or whatever. You can never tell in single game tourneys.
                        It's certainly not impossible, but considering they just held the two top scoring teams in the nation (UMD and Maine) to a combined 1 goal over the last week, I'd be surprised. Gophers have always been one of my favorite programs to watch and its always fun to watch them kick "the indian" in the nuts.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          BC in a cakewalk. The only uncertainty is the layoff, whats that do to the teams, other than that BC is by far the favorite to win the whole thing.
                          Anything can happen in an 1 game and out format, BC has to learn, after what CC did to them last year. But at least they made the dance and Minnesota will not be an easy team to beat. Nothing is a sure thing. I'm just happy they got past UMD and made it this far. Now we have 2 weeks to ponder and wait. I just wish they didn't schedule last night at 8 PM and now paying the price at work.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                            How would one suggest getting Frozen Four tickets that aren't at the top of the arena? I always said that the only way I'd pay a ridiculous amount of $$ for the frozen four is if Union made it, and somehow, some way Union has made it so I cannot miss this.

Is each school given a block of tickets to sell? Forgive me for being very naive with this whole process. Never thought I'd be attending this.
                            Yes, contact your athletic department ASAP... usually you will go behind the STHers... they usually have somebody in charge of this... usually the guy that handles away game tickets.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                              I believe that the Minny/BC game is the de facto title game with apologies to the folks in Schenectady and Big Rapids.

Hope I am wrong.
                              They said the same thing in 2007 where BC-NoDak was the championship game and we know how that turned out..

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                This ain't Mighty Ducks. Bring it.
                                You should worry about BC first. You will have your hands full.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X