X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I can't pick on the Gophers. BC of the west, baby. #respect
    No red at the Frozen Four makes both sets of fans very happy.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Tonight's dose of tArrogance (thanks to whichever poster DID write it down/take a picture because I didn't give a f*):

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/10933_1187629083955_1025148831_30521784_7501029_n. jpg******
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        OK, I'm just going to say it.
        BC will win the whole enchilada in dominant fashion. Maybe not by overwhelming scores, but the games will look like men playing against boys. Sorry, but that's the way it will be.
        Second place ain't so bad. Who wants it more?
        The teams with Canadian players?
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          Tampa is a neutral site.
          1) Doesn't matter, we're screwed if we play Boston College anywhere but at home. Even though the seasons basically over tomorrow night, I'll still watch the game. One consolation is at least Bjugs won't be cutting himself shaving afterwards.

OR

2) I know thaaat!! I was just temporarily lost in a Scoobyville daydream.
          Last edited by HarleyMC; 04-03-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Well, I leave for Tampa early tomorrow morning, so I thought I would post my predictions for the weekend now (not sure how much time I'll have for internet prior to Thursday afternoon).

Union vs. Ferris State
            I like Union in this one. The Dutchmen impressed me in both of their games in how they were able to dictate play for large chunks of the game. I think Ferris State had a good draw as DU was too fatigued or injured (ex. Zucker), and Cornell, while a solid team, was a good matchup for the Bulldogs. I think it is a close game, but ultimately I think Union prevails thanks to great goaltending and a strong enough cast of scorers. Union 3-2.

Minnesota vs. Boston College
            I think this game is a classic, and I think both goalies stand on their heads. BC has been playing extremely well for a long period of time, while Minnesota can be frustratingly inconsistent. That being said, I think the Gophers play well in Tampa. It will come down to a battle of goalies, and while I think Kent Patterson and Minnesota have the edge there, I think BC does just enough to get to the title game. I also would not be surprised if this went to overtime. BC 3-2.

Title Game
            Similar to the NCAA Basketball Tournament, I think the best team wins in Tampa. Boston College has too many weapons and is playing too well for Union to stop them. I like a low-scoring game, but BC musters enough offense to capture their FOURTH title since 2001, and their 3rd in 5 years. BC 3-1.

Hopefully everyone enjoys this weekend, and hopefully great hockey will be played.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

To a very large degree, BC has had a habit of playing VERY well in NHL-type buildings...even subtracting Boston's TD Garden from the mix.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Tonight's dose of tArrogance (thanks to whichever poster DID write it down/take a picture because I didn't give a f*):

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/10933_1187629083955_1025148831_30521784_7501029_n. jpg******
                This is correct. Thursday is not a weekend, and there isn't a consolation game on Saturday.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  This is correct. Thursday is not a weekend, and there isn't a consolation game on Saturday.
                  And MN wins both days anyways.

Funny how a Minnesota fan got the bit, and nary a BC dolt caught it. So, not only are we better at them in hockey, we're also smarter than them!
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    They run the same type of trap as Pittsburgh... the trap style they run at times is not exciting. There is a distinction.
                    Jerry York disagrees:

“To be perfectly honest,” York said, “they reflect our team. They skate very well, they compete well, they’ve had good goal tending. We play to win, we don’t trap, we don’t sit back and say, ‘Hey, if we can get to the third period and get a break, we can win a game.’ We’re gonna try to win a game early. So it’s gonna be really interesting match-up.”
                    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 04-04-2012, 10:21 AM. Reason: Typo
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      You Jerry York disagrees:

“To be perfectly honest,” York said, “they reflect our team. They skate very well, they compete well, they’ve had good goal tending. We play to win, we don’t trap, we don’t sit back and say, ‘Hey, if we can get to the third period and get a break, we can win a game.’ We’re gonna try to win a game early. So it’s gonna be really interesting match-up.”
                      Yes, they do. It may not be a 1-3-1 trap, but they trap. Almost every team does, but BC traps much more than Minnesota does. BC was trapping heavily against Duluth.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I believe you. I really do.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          I believe you. I really do.
                          And, really, I couldn't care less if you do.
                          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                            No, there's only one. They wear maroon and gold and manage to make it look good, unlike some other teams out there.
                            After seeing BC's jerseys from the region final, I'm not so sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              And MN wins both days anyways.

Funny how a Minnesota fan got the bit, and nary a BC dolt caught it. So, not only are we better at them in hockey, we're also smarter than them!
                              Of course, that would be "smarter than THEY" (so perhaps you really aren't)...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Jerry York disagrees:

This is from a nice profile this morning on WBUR (NPR). Yes, that's WBUR. Since Bill Littlefield tends to focus on underappreciated and under-the-radar sports stories, not sure what that says about our sport.
                                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                                X