NCHC: The Most Elite Conference in the Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    One of them's probably ugly-helmets: Gerald Ford is the President, no idea who the QB is.
    Ben Roethlisberger.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: NCHC: The Most Elite Conference in the Country

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Ben Roethlisberger.
      So an unelected President, and Big Ben Rapistberger?... Yikes. I'd keep that to myself if I were you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Ben Roethlisberger.
        Miami- Benjamin Harrison and Roethlisberger
        Meeechigan- Gerald Ford and Tom Brady

not sure about the other two, Fresh Fish

Comment

Stanford - Hoover and Elway
          Got nothing for #4
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

# 4 US Naval Academy - Jimmy Carter and Roger Staubach
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              Miami (OH) also has the unusual distinction of being one of only four colleges in the US that can claim among its graduates both a President of the United States and also a starting quarterback on a team that won a Super Bowl.

Can you name the two people from Miami (OH)? and perhaps those from the other three schools?
              Miami-Roethlisberger and Harrison
              Michigan-Brady and Ford
              Navy-Staubach and Carter
              Stanford-Elway and Hoover

edit: Crap, that's what happens when work distracts me and I don't refresh a page, I get punked on a question I actually know that answer to!
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Miami-Roethlisberger and Harrison
                Michigan-Brady and Ford
                Navy-Staubach and Carter
                Stanford-Elway and Hoover

edit: Crap, that's what happens when work distracts me and I don't refresh a page, I get punked on a question I actually know that answer to!
                I think you nailed it.

Correction: Stanford -- Elway and Plunkett, and Hoover
                Last edited by FreshFish; 03-29-2012, 08:14 AM.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by bunt_q View Post
                  Well crap, that's not good news for Kentucky. Guess there are always single game and scalper tickets.

Maybe it'll get easier once the NCHC fails.
                  Why?

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                    Why?
                    Why what? Why bad news for Kentucky? Because the two hour drive to Miami is about the only thing I've been able to come up with to look forward to so far in possibly living there.

Or why will it get easier when the NCHC fails? That was sarcasm. If the new conference is going to be the debacle some folks here think it will be, Miami should be paying me to go to games in two or three seasons, right?

Comment

Why what? Why bad news for Kentucky? Because the two hour drive to Miami is about the only thing I've been able to come up with to look forward to so far in possibly living there.
                      Bourbon Trail and the Derby. And that took all of 3 seconds of thinking.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Bourbon Trail and the Derby. And that took all of 3 seconds of thinking.
                        Yeah, not much of a liquor guy. Especially not bourbon/whiskey. And even if I was, I can buy Makers anyplace, I don't need to live there for it.

And the Derby? Horse racing? Bleh. It's like NASCAR, only slower. (And I don't really gamble either, at least, not until megamillions hits half a billion dollars.)

And I despise basketball.

Leafy green woods, that could be interesting.
                        Last edited by bunt_q; 03-28-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Yeah, not much of a liquor guy. Especially not bourbon/whiskey. And even if I was, I can buy Makers anyplace, I don't need to live there for it.
                          Heretic!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I thought horse races would suck but on TV they're exciting and over fast, I bet its worth going to live
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                              There's a random paragraph generator online where you can enter a couple subjects. i'm convinced that is where he gets his non-sense.
                              College hockey flips near Osorojo. Each only nostalgia outweighs the club around an encouraging island. Near the entertained evidence swims Osorojo. How can Osorojo pardon college hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                                College hockey flips near Osorojo. Each only nostalgia outweighs the club around an encouraging island. Near the entertained evidence swims Osorojo. How can Osorojo pardon college hockey?
                                The transmitted orbital safeguards the immortal. When will the Buckeyes knight hockey?

Comment

Working...
                                X