UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

For those that might have missed it, UConn is going to apply for Hockey East.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Its good to know that Bruce Marshall will be fired.

Beyond that... HCC? Really? Good luck with that!
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Also Alex Chiasson has left BU. The Hockey East departures have begun. Here's really hoping Lowell isn't affected, and not having anyone but Wilson drafted helps.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UConn makes sense. Hope this happens for them but I really think they'll need to keep the rink on-campus to be successful. Having basketball games in Hartford is one thing as the entire state lives and breathes with that team, but hockey will need student support to stay relevant. And the only way students are going to UConn hockey games are if they are against quality opponents (read: Hockey East teams like BU, BC, etc. vs. Atlantic Hockey teams like AIC, Bentley, etc) and also if they can walk to the rink from their dorms.
          UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

And here I was feeling like I was jinxing things by talking about the possibility in Bridgeport with y'all.
            UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Also Alex Chiasson has left BU. The Hockey East departures have begun. Here's really hoping Lowell isn't affected, and not having anyone but Wilson drafted helps.
              I saw this over in the early departure thread:

Northeastern defenseman Anthony Bitetto leaves after his sophomore season to sign with the Nashville Predators.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                I saw this over in the early departure thread:

Northeastern defenseman Anthony Bitetto leaves after his sophomore season to sign with the Nashville Predators.
                I was mentioning this to someone this past weekend, but wasn't sure if it was rumor or real.
                Monty

Comment

BTW, no big surprise, but just as last year one of the best recruits was in our backyard (Dracut) and is heading to Miami next season, Jack Eichel (Chelmsford) is heading to either BU or BC.

And absolutely devastating for Northeastern (if true).

@jrhockeywriter: BREAKING Just got off the phone with @jgillies32 (Jon Gillies) and he confirms he was released from his NLOI
                  @HuskyHockeyBlog: Jon Gillies has been released from his NLI and will not be attending NU next season.
                  Last edited by UMLFan; 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM.
                  Monty

Comment

Nice profile of Carter Hutton on the ECHL website: http://www.echl.com/echl-alumni-prof...hutton-p176811
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

GoRiverhawks.com has experienced a face-lift.

Also, if you didn't see this ... Chaz "A Nightmare Becomes a Dream."
                      Last edited by UMLFan; 03-29-2012, 11:53 AM.
                      Monty

Comment

Doug Carr named Hockey East Goalie of the Month again and Zack Kamrass is the runner-up for Rookie of the Month:

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...03/mar29mh.php

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

UML Players and Coach Bazin say thanks to the fans. Hint, click on Expand.

I'll say it again ... everything this program did this season (on and off the ice) was just spectacularly done.
                          Monty

Comment

I'll say it again ... everything this program did this season (on and off the ice) was just spectacularly done.
                            I was told there's a video to accompany it that will be uploaded shortly.

Comment

Class act all the way!
                              What did you say?
                              Who own the Chiefs?
                              What did he say?
                              Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                                Class act all the way!
                                Congrats to you guys on a fine season. Norm Bazin is a class act and I said it in one of your threads about a year ago that you would be lucky to have him. He was very respected in his time here at CC. Hopefully the rumors are true about you guys coming out here next year and hopefully CC can make a trip out there in the near future as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X