• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 North Dakota Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    Were they expensive?
    $100 each
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
      $100 each
      That isn't too bad...
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
        That isn't too bad...
        Those were the cheap ones for a couple of Europeans. They had $300 ones too.
        "My greatest achievement."
        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Now that the NCAA has forced UND to retire the Sioux name/logo, does that mean that the rights to the logo go back to the tribes? If so, can they continue to produce Sioux logo merchandise? It will be interesting to see how much money UND loses as a result of the no Sioux logo. I tried to order a Sioux logo backpack on a website and they sent me 2 UND backpacks with the interlocking ND. I tried to send them back and THe company told me to keep one free of charge. I can't give that backpack away. None of the UND alumni I know have any interest in buying any UND merchandise that doesn't have the Sioux logo!

Comment

Originally posted by 4evrsioux View Post
            Now that the NCAA has forced UND to retire the Sioux name/logo, does that mean that the rights to the logo go back to the tribes? If so, can they continue to produce Sioux logo merchandise? It will be interesting to see how much money UND loses as a result of the no Sioux logo. I tried to order a Sioux logo backpack on a website and they sent me 2 UND backpacks with the interlocking ND. I tried to send them back and THe company told me to keep one free of charge. I can't give that backpack away. None of the UND alumni I know have any interest in buying any UND merchandise that doesn't have the Sioux logo!
            I believe UND keeps the rights of the logo per the settlement agreement, and can periodically release merchandise with the logo (think throwback jerseys and the like). I'm not sure if there is a time period before they can release such merchandise.

As for the interlocking ND, fans will eventually get used to it. Also, I see the school trying to push a stylized text version of North Dakota in the not too distant future.

It is disappointing that the name/logo are gone. I hope the school remains simply the University of North Dakota for the foreseeable future. Perhaps there will be a shift in the thinking of the NCAA and the policy will be revoked and the name/logo could come back at that time (wishful thinking). At the end of the day, North Dakota alumni and fans need to continue to back the university. It was never the name/logo that made North Dakota special, it was the people. The sooner we realize that, the better.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              I believe UND keeps the rights of the logo per the settlement agreement, and can periodically release merchandise with the logo (think throwback jerseys and the like). I'm not sure if there is a time period before they can release such merchandise.

As for the interlocking ND, fans will eventually get used to it. Also, I see the school trying to push a stylized text version of North Dakota in the not too distant future.

It is disappointing that the name/logo are gone. I hope the school remains simply the University of North Dakota for the foreseeable future. Perhaps there will be a shift in the thinking of the NCAA and the policy will be revoked and the name/logo could come back at that time (wishful thinking). At the end of the day, North Dakota alumni and fans need to continue to back the university. It was never the name/logo that made North Dakota special, it was the people. The sooner we realize that, the better.
              It is gambling that is making the school famous. ;P
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

It is disappointing that the name/logo are gone. I hope the school remains simply the University of North Dakota for the foreseeable future. Perhaps there will be a shift in the thinking of the NCAA and the policy will be revoked and the name/logo could come back at that time (wishful thinking). At the end of the day, North Dakota alumni and fans need to continue to
                back the university. It was never the name/logo that made North Dakota special, it was the people. The sooner we realize that, the better.
                I will continue to support the University by proudly wearing my Sioux gear. I'm glad they have to wait at least 3 years before adopting a new logo. I can't wait to hear the "home of the SIOUX" raise the roof on the Ralph this season!

Comment

*****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/384673_258862810892000_1490403830_n.jpg******
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I never understood why, with all that oil money, you guys just didn't buy off the Sioux.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      I never understood why, with all that oil money, you guys just didn't buy off the Sioux.
                      I don't believe the University was allowed to do so under the terms of the settlement. FWIW, I don't think that would have been the right way to do it anyway, especially when the majority of the two tribes were in favor of allowing North Dakota to use the nickname.

At this point, what I hope happens is that North Dakota continues to honor the Sioux tribe in other ways, and maintain that tie to the Sioux tribe.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        I agree. Especially since word was going around that UND was thinking of buying the Gophers then flipping them to a community team in Wahpeton, and that would have been more controversial, though probably less expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          It was never the name/logo that made North Dakota "special," it was the people.
                          I can agree with that 100%.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            *****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/384673_258862810892000_1490403830_n.jpg******
                            One of these things is not like the other...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              One of those flags represents 'Murica-haters.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Yeah, that one guy is bald...other than that????

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X