2011-2012 North Dakota Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 North Dakota Offseason Thread

Dane Litke seems to be the most probable candidate given his resignation as Head Coach from the Janesville Jets on Wednesday. It seems like too much of a coincidence that he resigned the day before it was announced Eades contract wasn't being extended.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Dane Litke seems to be the most probable candidate given his resignation as Head Coach from the Janesville Jets on Wednesday. It seems like too much of a coincidence that he resigned the day before it was announced Eades contract wasn't being extended.
      I know for a fact Litke didn't make any friends in Bismarck when he coached the Bobcats. I think Berry gets it myself.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
        At this stage I would think Eades next job is in the AHL NHL
        Just a thought along the lines you suggest.....Dave Tippett's first year at North Dakota was Cary Eades' senior season at North Dakota. Tippett, now the head coach at Phoenix, has had a solid career as an NHL coach. The Coyotes are doing well in the playoffs this spring. I don't know if Tippett and Eades have remained close over the years, but if Tippett is looking for a new assistant coach perhaps Eades would be in luck. Just my $.02.
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Apparently they made the decision approximately a week ago; it was just announced yesterday.

Comment

what exactly were eades responsibilities??

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
              what exactly were eades responsibilities??
              Eades ran the defense and powerplay, and was the recruiting coordinator (or something along those lines).
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Eades ran the defense and powerplay, and was the recruiting coordinator (or something along those lines).
                Don't take this as a JDUBBS smug question, but is it possible the recruiting angle was at all part of this? His applying for another job? Or unless something is leaked is it impossible to even know at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Don't take this as a JDUBBS smug question, but is it possible the recruiting angle was at all part of this? His applying for another job? Or unless something is leaked is it impossible to even know at this point?
                  Probably impossible to know. According to both Hakstol and Eades, the Mankato application had nothing to do with it. As for recruiting, I think Eades did a tremendous job in his 8 years of getting talent to Grand Forks. I think at the end of the day, Hakstol wanted to shake things up. While most Sioux fans are pleased with Hakstol's success early in his career, if North Dakota hasn't won a national title by the time his next contract is up (2018), my guess is he will be gone. Perhaps that factored into his decision, but ultimately I feel that Hak maybe thought the program was a bit stagnant and wanted to restructure the program in a different way.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    The MSU thing is what I wondered about, also. I mean, I don't think Eades got canned because he pursued the job, but I DO wonder if Eades pursued the job as openly as he did because he saw some writings on the wall.....
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      The MSU thing is what I wondered about, also. I mean, I don't think Eades got canned because he pursued the job, but I DO wonder if Eades pursued the job as openly as he did because he saw some writings on the wall.....
                      That seems likely, though an assistant with considerable experience with a good program has to be interested in a head position at another D! program.

Comment

I believe he has only been the recruiting coordinator for the past 5 years.

Comment

what exactly is "recruiting coordinator"? hak must have been making the decisions on who they were recruiting/offering scholarships to, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Don't we exceed our quota of "Danes" on the staff if this hire is made?

I think it's an interesting situation. First off, since Berry left we've had two assistants who were both forwards in college. Eades got assigned the role of coach of the defensemen.

The other assistant, Jackson, is tight with Hak. They attended UND together and are probably pretty good friends. If it came time to shake up the staff, or perhaps more likely, get a defensive assistant on board, Eades was certainly the one to go even though he is probably one of the most popular members of the UND hockey family of all time.

But Eades did exactly the right thing. He didn't (thus far) burn any bridges with Hakstol, or more importantly, UND. He said all the right things and departed with class. He knows there is still a chance the brass ring may come back around for him with UND at some point in the future, and he didn't want to screw it up.

What makes it kind of a headscratcher for me at least is it's not like we've struggled defensively the past few years.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

The one thing with Eades that will be hard to replace is that he was really good at finding players. I am not talking about your top NHL draft pick type kids, anyone can see how good those kids are. Let's face it finding the players in the first place is a huge thing when building a team.

My money is on Brad Berry but my money would never have bet on Hak letting Eades go.

Comment

Seth Jones signs with Winterhawks

Sounds like we lost him. Not that losing a kid as a high profile as Jones is a huge surprise, but any guesses as to what exactly they are telling these kids at Ann Arbor?
                                '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Working...
                                X