Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

The BITTER irony that we are finally hosting another Regional for Hockey but odds are we won't even make the fricking tournament for the first time since what, 1990?
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      The BITTER irony that we are finally hosting another Regional for Hockey but odds are we won't even make the fricking tournament for the first time since what, 1990?
      On the plus side, now I can go to the Toledo regional instead of Grand Rapids, since Toledo is closer to Ann Arbor. Or maybe both (GR Friday, Toledo Sat & Sun) since tickets will be easy to come by with neither Michigan nor Michigan State going to the tourney.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Something positive happened this year (not this season though). Ah the memories!

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...012313aae.html
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          I don't think the CCHA will go out with a bang and the cherry will be for the haters to point out that the so called "anchor" teams ended up at the bottom. Embarrassing.
          I always thought anchors were supposed to end up on the bottom. Isn't that the point of an anchor in the first place?
          Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            Something positive happened this year (not this season though). Ah the memories!

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...012313aae.html
            I miss TJ "The Jesus" Hensick. And I'm very sad that I can't find the Every Three Weekly article that gave him "The Jesus" nickname.

I also miss my friend yelling "I'm in your pants" at Porter. She had purchased his warm up pants at the garage sale, so she literally was "in his pants"

Oh, happier times when our team was good.
            Last edited by wolverineTrumpet; 01-25-2013, 07:27 AM.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Still holding out hope. Unless Michigan is somehow eliminated in the CCHA playoffs, I'm not conceding the tournament streak.
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                I always thought anchors were supposed to end up on the bottom. Isn't that the point of an anchor in the first place?
                You guys should know. 198-something was a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  I also miss my friend yelling "I'm in your pants" at Porter. She had purchased his warm up pants at the garage sale, so she literally was "in his pants"

Oh, happier times when our team was good.
                  I just sent Kevin a message to verify that he heard that. As the NHL season is in full-swing I'm sure I won't hear back for several months but we'll see.

Comment

What is it with Wastern Michigan fans that they think that it's funny to pull the fire alarm during games? Seriously, this happens every series we play them at Lawson. They can stop crying, "Why don't you guys ever come to Lawson?" THAT'S why....

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      What is it with Wastern Michigan fans that they think that it's funny to pull the fire alarm during games? Seriously, this happens every series we play them at Lawson. They can stop crying, "Why don't you guys ever come to Lawson?" THAT'S why....
                      Honestly this happened during the LSSU series.... We've been having issues with the popcorn machine.... Good game tonight! You definitely have me worried about tomorrows game... Go Broncos!
                      Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Tough, tight, tense game. Could have gone either way easily. Goal tending won it. Michigan started each period strong but Western passed them late. Conditioning difference?
                        B2
                        It will only get better!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          What is it with Wastern Michigan fans that they think that it's funny to pull the fire alarm during games? Seriously, this happens every series we play them at Lawson. They can stop crying,
                          "Why don't you guys ever come to Lawson?" THAT'S why....
                          It was the popcorn machine. But dont let the facts keep you from being a self righteous idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
                            Tough, tight, tense game. Could have gone either way easily. Goal tending won it. Michigan started each period strong but Western passed them late. Conditioning difference?
                            Could be lots of things: Talent, Age, Experience, Physical Size, Home Ice

Comment

Originally posted by WMU_Flyboy View Post
                              It was the popcorn machine. But dont let the facts keep you from being a self righteous idiot.
                              We do need to get that fixed..... It looked embarrassing on TV. Especially since it seemed to kill some momentum we had going for us. You'd think that they would have had this fixed after the LSSU series.
                              Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by WMU_Flyboy View Post
                                Here's a tip, get a new one! Ever heard about the building that cried fire?

Comment

Working...
                                X