Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Do I get royalties?
    No because Connolly will win
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Just too funny that the Jackets didn't have a mask for Shawn and he's in Columbus wearing his Michigan one!
      Pics here:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...|img|FRONTPAGE

http://www.freep.com/article/2012032...CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

Comment

Thank you.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          No because Connolly will win
          Said nothing about Hunwick winning the Hobey, I'll be happy if he is merely invited to The Hobey Hat Trick. Granted, what a story it would make if he actually won but he's already a finalist (Top 10). The kid is so humble that everything else is just gravy...

Ryan Miller who?
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

That's awsome! The Jackets season ends April 7th and if I were Mason I wouldn't be in any hurry to get back in the lineup so hopefully Shawn gets some net time. It could make a big difference in him getting just a taste of the Show and having a legitimate shot a an NHL team whether with Columbus or elsewhere. I hope he keeps the headgear while he's here, I'm sure most Michigan fans feel it brings a touch of class to the heart of Buckeye country. LOL!

Comment

Sorry he didn't get playing time and sorry my Red Wings lost but to be in the locker room after a win against the Wings should be a great experience for Shawn, plus I'm sure they gave him at least enough for gas money for his efffort. lol!
              York played really well thanks to the pressure the back up goalie presented him.....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                York played really well thanks to the pressure the back up goalie presented him.....
                That, and the fact that Conklin was visibly shaken knowing that if Hunwick did get to play everyone would find out how much better Hunwick is compared to him.
                No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hunwick signed through the rest of the season!
                  Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

On another topic (not that Hunwick doesn't deserve all this discussion), what does this mean to Yost IF The Court says something about it? IF it makes it that far?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/29/sp...it_th_20120329

Comment

Jr. Chris Brown is off to the Phoenix Coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                        Jr. Chris Brown is off to the Phoenix Coyotes.
                        COY will have to find a new flag....

If he goes, I would more expect Merrill will go, since both had about a similar level of play maturity. Kind of shocking that Phoenix would even offer....

Comment

Joe and NCAA tournament appearances. Heartbreaking overtime losses. Unexpected, disappointing player signings. Some things are the same every year.

This offsets the thrill of seeing Hunwick in a League uniform somewhat. But only somewhat. It's a pity he's behind a guy who just got his first career win, but I'm sure Columbus will throw him in the lineup at some point. And for a guy like Hunwick, even if he never played in the League again, that would be a well-deserved thrill of a lifetime.

But, who am I kidding? Ladies and gentlemen, your 2015 Conn Smythe Trophy Winner, Shawn Hunwick! You know it's going to happen.
                          Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
                            Joe and NCAA tournament appearances. Heartbreaking overtime losses. Unexpected, disappointing player signings. Some things are the same every year.

This offsets the thrill of seeing Hunwick in a League uniform somewhat. But only somewhat. It's a pity he's behind a guy who just got his first career win, but I'm sure Columbus will throw him in the lineup at some point. And for a guy like Hunwick, even if he never played in the League again, that would be a well-deserved thrill of a lifetime.

But, who am I kidding? Ladies and gentlemen, your 2015 Conn Smythe Trophy Winner, Shawn Hunwick! You know it's going to happen.
                            I would hope that even if his stay with Columbus is temporary he impresses the coaches enough that they get the word out that he could be a good pickup for somebody. A former OSU player I know who was in the minors several years ago would according to his contract get about seventeen thousand for any game he was called up for whether he played or not. Now I know Shawn has no minor league contract stipulating a level of salary but I hope he receives similar. Not a bad chunk of change for a kid leaving college to help get his start in the real world. Maybe an upgrade from the Ranger? lol!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              COY will have to find a new flag....

If he goes, I would more expect Merrill will go, since both had about a similar level of play maturity. Kind of shocking that Phoenix would even offer....
                              Yep, at least it happened in March and NOT August. Coach still doesn't think that Merrill will leave, via media reports I have not talked to anyone with Michigan Hockey since Porter was there. From the things I read, I don't think Merrill will leave this year either, next year is a concern though.

With the way he played at the end of the year, I don't think he'll leave this year either. I'm curious how next year will shape up, we didn't have any go-to-guys for scorers but at least we had a 5th year senior in net. Next year we have no scoring (unless some True Frosh comes in an dominates, which has happened in the past) plus a true Frosh goal-tender.

Anyone know anything about the incoming recruits?

Comment

I would hope that even if his stay with Columbus is temporary he impresses the coaches enough that they get the word out that he could be a good pickup for somebody. A former OSU player I know who was in the minors several years ago would according to his contract get about seventeen thousand for any game he was called up for whether he played or not. Now I know Shawn has no minor league contract stipulating a level of salary but I hope he receives similar. Not a bad chunk of change for a kid leaving college to help get his start in the real world. Maybe an upgrade from the Ranger? lol!
                                He did sign a contract through the rest of the year....

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=624854

No idea how much though, anyone know what the league minimum is? That's probably it (although pro-rated since he's only there for a few more weeks)...

Comment

Working...
                                X