Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I'm sorry. I just couldn't help myself. And I didn't want to go troll around the series thread or the Miami thread.

So...ummm...Thursday night hockey. How big of a crowd do we think we'll get at Yost?
    Well, we are being replaced Thursday- preping for breakfast the next morning. But we'll be there for the dedication of Yost on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      I mean UM's thread. I don't go over to your thread and ***** about how you feel about Red, so why come over here? AFAIK, unless we meet up in the playoffs, we don't face you anymore. But you come to this thread to defend yourself against one of our biased posters? touching. go away.
      Wow, didn't know team threads were reserved to those following that specific team. I came over and made my comment because one of your posters posted about the team I follow and thought it warranted a comment.

Well, then you don't understand my embellishment argument, then. You *say* something, the ref saw something else- and it's possible that he's making a call up, seeing it happen before. Let's not pretend that Miami is a bunch of angels who never get overly emotional and lose their cool. They totally reflect their coach, and he's really good at escallating things to the team's detriment.
      I understand what embellishment is, but as I said this wasn't called embellishment it was diving. Sorry for my misuse of terminology. No where did I say Miami players are a bunch of angels, but as the original article posted said, Rico and McInchak have a history and it is not out of this world to believe these calls weren't based on actions of our players.

The fact stands that the ref called it, and then felt compelled to try to do more after the game. Part may be a bias, but part also has a degree of truth. AND that you feel that you MUST GET BACK AT wT AT ALL COSTS (since you came back to reply to me)- that just tells me that the ref has a point. Else you would drop it. Dick didn't get a suspension out of his antics, game is over, you didn't lose- but for some reason, it's important enough to come here and talk about it? Yea, screams of truth to the original story to me. Now more of us just don't like Dick, and hope Miami looses, in spite of some great posters from Miami. Good job!!!
      I didn't comment because I MUST GET BACK AT wT AT ALL COSTS. I commented as someone who actually watched the game and questioned the calls. I'm not sure how me commenting gives any validity to the ref making these calls I only came and commented because you brought it up on your thread. Yes, the game is over but it is kind of difficult to comment on something before it happens Sorry to ruffle any feathers, but last I checked this is a forum where people discussed things.

Enjoy your series with Notre Dame.
      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
        I didn't comment because I MUST GET BACK AT wT AT ALL COSTS. I commented as someone who actually watched the game and questioned the calls. I'm not sure how me commenting gives any validity to the ref making these calls I only came and commented because you brought it up on your thread. Yes, the game is over but it is kind of difficult to comment on something before it happens Sorry to ruffle any feathers, but last I checked this is a forum where people discussed things.
        So you are compelled to be here why, exactly? wT does not like Miami, but she hates Dick. A lot. Why does it matter to you so much that we don't mind her coming here and posting stuff that makes dick look bad?

really? Why bother- it means so much to you to uphold dick's honor so much against wT that you have to come and muddle up our perfectly good thread? Well, outside of a few of our bad fans...

Fact- embelishment was called. Fact- Miami reflects their coach, dick. fact- dick got a penalty after the game that was a suspension, later reduced to misconduct. Fact- wT does not like dick blase. nothing you post will change any of that. Nor will it change anyone mind about dick. He generally is, still (him).

time to move on.

Comment

Last post I promise.

I did not come here to back up Rico whatsoever. You and wT can hate him all you want. I came because in wT's original post she brought up the diving/embellishment calls. Sorry to muddle up your perfectly good thread.

Good luck in the series with Notre Dame, it will be interesting to see if you get your defensive issues figured out.
          Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 11-14-2012, 02:50 PM.
          2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Michigan posters are way to ****ing self righteous for their own good.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post

All I've learned is that some woman doesn't like dick. She must have voted for obama.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                'Too' not 'to'. Too ****ing self righteous.

Just thought I'd prove your point for you.

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                All I've learned is that some woman doesn't like dick. She must have voted for obama.
                Well, darn, you got me. Just call me "Butch".
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                  So asking teams that are not Michigan to keep their posts to their own threads is self righteous? Or is it that a specific game about two teams not named University of Michigan attracted their posters to this thread self righteous?

I know we have posters who don't like dick and his team in Miami. But to change that into a discussion- hey, there's plenty of space here to do that- find someplace else. There's already almost no UM posters, thanks to people very much like you- no need to drive more away.

Comment

This was entertaining to read, folks. Typically I am the one in other team threads being called a troll. I have no problem with the Miami fan base coming into our thread IF their program is brought up. I live by that same rule and have been run out of opponent fansites in the past for simply defending my program. BUT, I do have a problem when those fans who start broadbrushing our fanbase unfairly and uncontrollably start foaming at the mouth, spewing tired stereotypes. Basically, it's time for you to move along.

I think that, based on Enrico's history with CCHA officiating, some of the scrutiny is well deserved. We observed, with our own eyes, the nonsense in the past both in Oxford, at Yost and at JLA. Frankly, I don't have personal issues with the Miami USCHO posting community- but I have as much distaste for the general fanbase (on personal experience) as they do for the Yost crowd. So, let's leave the obligatory insults for your own circle jerk threads/websites and... try to be civil here, even if a Michigan fan, in their own thread, "slanders" tBrotherhood/Dynasty.

As far as Notre Dame: I fear these games will be nothing short of a wet gold and blue blanket on a fire. A Thursday game will bite into the crowd, although I am hearing that both games are virtually sold out. I'll take the type of game the Irish play over our "run and gun and get caught then scored upon" style any time. Every phase of our game is suspect right now: backchecking, PK, defensive assignments, goaltending. Statistics don't tell the whole story, but do tell me this: we are 51st in GA in Div I hockey. 51st. Not many teams, no matter how many goals they score, can win games, series or championships like that simply because, like last weekend, not all of the goals come all the time- especially against good teams. When you consistently dig yourself a hole each game, it's hard to climb out. If you play solid defense all of the time though, you give yourself a chance. I'm hoping to see some philosophical changes take place or this team will be in as much danger to miss the NCAA playoffs as the team back a few years ago. The exception is, we have no goaltending savior to pull us out of the fire this time. The irony? Our two AC's are defensemen and LEAD the team in +/-. A third d-man is third in +/-. The leading forward is a freshman (Nieves.) On the opposite end, guys who should know better, like Clare and Moffatt are a combined -10.

Comment

And the hole keeps getting deeper.... Not good.

This looks to be the year.

Comment

So, what if we just don't play a goalie next game? Teach the team to play defense, control the puck, and play smarter.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          So, what if we just don't play a goalie next game? Teach the team to play defense, control the puck, and play smarter.
                          They actually did for 50 minutes in both games. The shortie on friday night was borne purely out of ND's cherry picking forward (Tynan) and our poor vision on the ice picking him up. The GWG was a combination of ND exerting their will and stamina on us- and losing a defensive zone faceoff and failing to clear. From there, it became a matter of playing match-up hockey and the Irish succeeded in winning the puck and scoring. I wouldn't fault Racine, although he tends to play himself out of position frequently. At least give credit to Justin Selman for a perfect shot on his first career goal for Michigan.

On Saturday, they took the lead on a screenshot PPG- now question Brian Aaron's call all you want for xchecking on AJ- still is no excuse to allow a defenseman to take his time and basically wrist a shot through like it was practice. Our goal was set up by the hard forechecking of the Milne-Hyman-Copp combination that forced the ND d-man to cough up the puck perfectly for Trouba to step into his blast. I thought from that point we would take over, but ND closed us down again, we lost momentum and their will and stamina took over- AGAIN- midway through the third period. Awful turnover between Racine and Moffie, and it cost us. The next goal was a coverage mistake. Game over. Once again, don't fault the goaltending as much- he only saw 18 (+ 1 ENG) shots- the lowest total in two seasons for a Michigan team to give up. I think our defense was fine until we got worn down. It was a few mistakes late, each night that cost us. We'll win more games playing this way than lose, IMO. ND is really good, has good talent and a good system. Did I say they were good?

Red even said he thought the team played better on saturday than friday. Tough losses, at home for sure, but there is plenty of season left, unless this team can't find a way to win on the road. The home games are being wasted and we can't afford to lose much more.

Now, can they play smarter? Absolutely. Too many times they tried to hit the stretch pass and were baited into it. Too many icings. Clare looks like he is lost or playing hurt, too. Our defense is really exposed especially if the forwards don't backcheck. And so much for that vaunted offense. Just glad that they didn't goon it up.

Okay. On to BG and Cornell.

Comment

They were too deflated to goon it up, I thought. After moffie changed the game, well...

The other thing that bothered me- we seem incredibly predictable. The cross ice pass that led to ND's 3rd goal wasn't really close to make it- the D guy got it easy, and before I looked up from being ****ed, the puck was in the back of the net.

While a bad game, I will say that I didn't notice Trouba making a huge mistake in our zone- which has been checking the wind recently. So that was good. The power play was actually setting some plays up- the part of Jacob's game that was a little annoying was how quickly he tried shots when it wasn't open- they have been good at setting him a pretty clear shot- so let it happen. It was too bad that the PP kind of fell apart later on. ND's really clamped down on decent shots, so even though we got credit for a lot- not many seemed all that challenging.

Frustrating as heck to see them play like that.

Comment

I took the weekend off after that debacle. Just now starting to think about hockey again.

Much like their football team, Notre Dame is a good but not great team. We lost both games in similar circumstances. Tough giveaways late. I think we could have earned a split, but I am not surprised with the sweep. Defensive coverage and give-aways are killing us.
                              Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                                I took the weekend off after that debacle. Just now starting to think about hockey again.

Much like their football team, Notre Dame is a good but not great team. We lost both games in similar circumstances. Tough giveaways late. I think we could have earned a split, but I am not surprised with the sweep. Defensive coverage and give-aways are killing us.
                                Agree on all counts. Unlike our in state team up north, I don't gloat over their failures, so I won't when ND's team get exposed in the BCS thingy or the hockey thingy come March.

I will say this, though: we haven't seen WMU or FSU yet to make a judgement, but it is clear to me that the Irish are a step ahead of any CCHA team we have played this season, including Rico's boys. Doesn't matter much now as it does in March, so we'll see. I agree, a split should have happened at home. ND has split with WMU and hasn't played FSU or Miami yet. A few if's and but's and we will be in the mix at the end.

One other thing: I'll give credit to ND for their schedule, too. They have played some heavies OOC, and will again this weekend with North Dakota lined up. Can only help them come the end of the season. They certainly look like a team that knows how to close out tight games.
                                Last edited by streaker; 11-19-2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X