Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Maybe Slovin jumbled reports...

http://www.rantsports.com/winnipeg-j...in-al-montoya/
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

All I've got to say is when they bring the "Personal Seat Donations" into Yost if "They" treat long time season ticket holders as shabbily as they did when "They" did it to basketball it will be SAYONARA BABY! I'm right back where I was in 1996 even after "Donating" the cost of season tickets for the duration of the Ellerbe fiasco with the Amaker years only marginally better. I've been there since Frieder's rookie season and am stuck in the upper bowl - row 24 (I WAS in the lower bowl, row 13, for the last 7 seasons)!?!?!

David Brandon can KMA!

Darryl Rogers was right!

For those of you who don't know - all seats were reassigned. You got to pick in order of "Priority points". You could get up to 8 seats regardless of how many you had previously. 1 priority point = 1 year with season tickets or $100 donation (football "Personal Seat Donations count).When "They" instituted the PSD for football you had the option of keeping your seat with the payment of the appropriate PSD for that location. Why did they change it? Think about it. Season ticket sales have been down due to the Ellerbe/Amaker disasters. The program is making a resurgence, there is a lot more interest. $$$$$$$$$$$ over loyalty. Remember that when they talk about how much they want the fans to support the team.

I better stop here before I "Blow".
      Last edited by JoeZ; 07-14-2012, 05:00 PM.
      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7
      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Caustic Undertow.........you certainly live up to your handle and it's sooooooooohard to extract an opinion from you. Suffice to say that the OHL and Major Junior in general is VERY aggressive.
        They have the huge advantage over D1 hockey schools in that they can talk to prospects once they're out of diapers, while the NCAA has strict rules on contacting prospective student/athletes,
        including the number of time you can scout them, when and how you can contact them, etc. In short, the approach of Major Junior and D1/NCAA hockey is like oil and water.

One problem I'm seen several times is that D1 programs pressure kids to make decisions before they are ready, either from a maturing/age standpoint and/or from a hockey development/strength
        standpoint. Too oten, the are pressured to make a decision too early to protect a scholarship, and most of the time, their development doesn't catch up until their Junior year.....too bad.

Also, I have personnally observed OHL clubs promise the moon and not deliver a single star. They are far more loosy-goosy than the NCAA.

IMO, on thing thatr would help D1 hockey players would be to have a one-time window of two weeks before Thanksgiving when they can transfer from one D1 school to another without losing a
        years playing time. That woul alleviate mistakes kids make deciding in too much a rush and makig a bad decision without losing playing priviledges.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
          All I've got to say is when they bring the "Personal Seat Donations" into Yost if "They" treat long time season ticket holders as shabbily as they did when "They" did it to basketball it will be SAYONARA BABY! I'm right back where I was in 1996 even after "Donating" the cost of season tickets for the duration of the Ellerbe fiasco with the Amaker years only marginally better. I've been there since Frieder's rookie season and am stuck in the upper bowl - row 24 (I WAS in the lower bowl, row 13, for the last 7 seasons)!?!?!
          You're absolutely right. There is zero loyalty in this athletic department, as money now will begin to dictate more and more who gets the perks for supporting this program than money then, when nobody else was giving. Our family has been Victors Club members since there were enough VC members to fit in a small conference room in Crisler and a single row of parking spaces next to the tunnel. Season ticket holders in three sports (football 35+, hockey 18, basketball 25+). We're getting squeezed out by the millionaires, even after being promised a lifetime of specific perks by Athletics. Gee, thanks.

PSD's are coming to Yost. They will shake up the family atmosphere of our beloved barn, where a lot of us have become good friends, if not near-family with the folks sitting around us. What I've always loved about Michigan Hockey is the fact that the fanbase, and the game experience, seems so insulated from the rest of the slate. There's a lot of overlap with the football and basketball crowd, but it's a different subset of that crowd, and we've grown together as the program has grown over the past 20 years. I would be willing to bet much more than half of the season tickets in that building have been the same folks for 15 years, if not longer. This is going to blow that to smithereens, with zones and points and donation levels taking over for the sheer randomness of the ticket office that made our game experience what it is.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Comment

My wife has some friends at work who are being squeezed by the PSD and re-org going on at Crisler. We talked about it, and are comfortable just stepping away if they want more for our seats than just the ticket price. Heck, how many of you remember that the current price is still a "temporary" increase to pay for improvements. The price was supposed to go back down after a little while. They just went up constantly, just like the Frozen Four.

Hockey is just entertainment. I'm not going to go over board in the cost of it. Especially with the way the "team" has been playing the past decade- where the stars play among themselves, mostly. Of the 9 FF we've been part of the lottery, only twice has our team been there, and it's not due to lack of talent, that's for sure.

Comment

I fully the PSL's to come into play under Martin's regime... most definitely under Brandon's. BUT, demand is going to dictate how much it will be, I think. I believe that season sales have been flat the last couple of years (except the red letter games) and that some sections are 1/4 empty, early in the year with the bombastic NC schedules that have been offered. I think the PSL's will serve to make up the revenue that has been lost due to price increases and season tickets not being renewed. Brandon is pretty savvy, selling the renovations as a means to justify the end.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                I fully the PSL's to come into play under Martin's regime... most definitely under Brandon's. BUT, demand is going to dictate how much it will be, I think. I believe that season sales have been flat the last couple of years (except the red letter games) and that some sections are 1/4 empty, early in the year with the bombastic NC schedules that have been offered. I think the PSL's will serve to make up the revenue that has been lost due to price increases and season tickets not being renewed. Brandon is pretty savvy, selling the renovations as a means to justify the end.
                It's not that DB put in the PSDs but rather it's the way the long time FANS were treated. You could NOT renew your seats with the appropriate "Donation" for that area but all seats were reassigned with those having the largest number of Victors Club "Priority Points" having first choice AND you could buy up to EIGHT regardless of how many (FEW) you previously had. As a result long time, loyal FANS were squeezed into significantly poorer seats than they had worked their way up the seniority list to get. When DB did football you COULD keep your seats. If you think the atmosphere inside Crisler resembled a library before then YOU AIN'T SEEN NUTHIN' YET, B-B-B-BABY!

DB can KMA!
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

On a brighter note - Red signed a 3 year extension through 2015-2016

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...071612aaa.html
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                    On a brighter note - Red signed a 3 year extension through 2015-2016

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...071612aaa.html
                    To me at least, this looks to be his last contract. Coach was going year-to-year for a long time, he finally got a game at Michigan Stadium, Yost is currently under many renovations, he has multiple NC's, FF's, NCAA Tournament berths, and he has already been at God status for many years. I believe that he wants to go out on top and thinks that with the recruits coming in this year as well as next year he can get it. The guy is 72 years old for crying out loud but the game is keeping him young. If it were up to me, he'd Coach forever but that isn't realistic.

Anyone know when Pearson's contract is up at Tech? If they are both set to end at the same time Mel will have 4 years of HC'ing experience at the D-1 level. Transition maybe?

***Pearson's contract at Tech goes the exact same distance as Berenson's. Yep, welcome Coach Person in 2016.
                    Last edited by UMICH; 07-16-2012, 04:39 PM. Reason: looked up contracts.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Just another thought on the PSD in Yost. They could be expecting higher demand after the move to the BTHC. Personally, I don't see it.
                      No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        The guy is 72 years old for crying out loud but the game is keeping him young.

THAT is EXACTLY why he hasn't left before now!

He LOVES what he is doing.
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                          They could be expecting higher demand after the move to the BTHC. Personally, I don't see it.
                          I don't see that either.

There was serious talk about 5 or 6 years ago about PSD for Men's Hoops and Hockey that never came to be until Hoops this year.
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            To me at least, this looks to be his last contract. Coach was going year-to-year for a long time, he finally got a game at Michigan Stadium, Yost is currently under many renovations, he has multiple NC's, FF's, NCAA Tournament berths, and he has already been at God status for many years. I believe that he wants to go out on top and thinks that with the recruits coming in this year as well as next year he can get it. The guy is 72 years old for crying out loud but the game is keeping him young. If it were up to me, he'd Coach forever but that isn't realistic.

Anyone know when Pearson's contract is up at Tech? If they are both set to end at the same time Mel will have 4 years of HC'ing experience at the D-1 level. Transition maybe?

***Pearson's contract at Tech goes the exact same distance as Berenson's. Yep, welcome Coach Person in 2016.
                            I would take Guentzel over Person.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

There are now 80 days until the start of the regular season.
                              Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Per Mgoblog, Jon Merrill to return.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X