X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeers to espn for blocking the games on directv

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
    Blame the nba lockout for one of the semis on espnu
    Blame the change of regular season baseball scheduling for the finals switch to the duece
    There's NBA basketball on a Thursday afternoon?
    And the Selection Show? Is that the NBA or major league baseball that's to blame?

LOL.

Comment

The espnu semifinal game is the evening semi

Selection show is a very valid point you bring up. Couldn't agree more

Comment

Gotcha, just saw that, they had 2 different announcements on what I saw.

Comment

Personally I don't see much of a difference between ESPN and the duece. But you are right about steps down from duece to U. Or to espn3

Comment

It's early round Masters coverage and MLB opening day combining to boot hockey down the line. If anyone wants to argue why hockey should be on over either of those without resorting to an emotional argument, feel free.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              It's early round Masters coverage and MLB opening day combining to boot hockey down the line. If anyone wants to argue why hockey should be on over either of those without resorting to an emotional argument, feel free.
              +1

Comment

Selection show is a very valid point you bring up. Couldn't agree more
                NO ESPNU has the afternoon semifinal, ESPN2 get the evening one. This the Frozen four i talking about.
                Go Gophers Go.

Comment

I am blaming ESPN for not showing the UND Western Mich. game on a tv station. ESPN 3 is fine and dandy if you want to watch a game on a laptop. I don't; I want to watch it on my tv.
                  Providence College
                  National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Connect your laptop to your tv. It's pretty easy to do

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                      I am blaming ESPN for not showing the UND Western Mich. game on a tv station. ESPN 3 is fine and dandy if you want to watch a game on a laptop. I don't; I want to watch it on my tv.
                      You're right Netman, the issue here today is why there was a blackout on FSN North. That's the main argument. I mentioned the other peripheral stuff like Frozen Four games being moved off ESPN and ESPN2 (for every reason imaginable like the Masters, NBA, MLB, Croquet, Soccer and whatever else they air), but like I said, I "get it". What I don't understand the rationale behind blacking out games for dish subscribers (of both Directv and Dish Network), that's never happened before and it's denied access to the regionals to people. ESPN3 is fine for some but it's not as good a broadcast as television -- the frame rate varies and it's not smooth -- and it's also not available for many.

I've written to the NCAA media guys in the past and they have been very aware of where the games end up being broadcast. In the past they've tried to get as many games on a regional outlet people have access to on Directv and Dish Network for obvious reasons. Blacking the games out hasn't happened previously and it's something they should provide an answer for at the least, whoever is to blame for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                        Then get with the times and learn how to connect your laptop and TV.

Comment

Hockey man, very well put, I'd love to hear their response on this.

Will be an issue for umd/maine tonight too

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                            Then get with the times and learn how to connect your laptop and TV.
                            Lol

Comment

I didn't think I would have to since it was never said that this would be blacked out and it has never been a problem in past years. I thought thats what I was paying for with the sports package.
                              Last edited by Netman; 03-24-2012, 04:29 PM.
                              Providence College
                              National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Seems like if the NCAA has the leverage to force ESPN to cover the hockey tournament, they should also try to force ESPN to keep it on ESPN or ESPN2.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X