billmich88888
03-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Happens every year with this 4pm game
Thank god for espn3

ScoobyDoo
03-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Happens every year with this 4pm game
Thank god for espn3

Awesome. I hope it goes into quadruple OT.

HockeyMan2000
03-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Why thank god for ESPN3? They're the morons making it harder for anyone to see these games!

ScoobyDoo
03-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Oh, look we joined a hockey playoff game already in progress.

giwan
03-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Is there really a bigger market in lacrosse then hockey?

billmich88888
03-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Why thank god for ESPN3? They're the morons making it harder for anyone to see these games!

Because with espn3 I was able to see the start of the game and the BC goal ;)

billmich88888
03-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Is there really a bigger market in lacrosse then hockey?

Tv ratings say yes

huskyfan
03-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Tv ratings say yes

I just cannot believe this!! I'm moving to Canada!!

HockeyMan2000
03-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Tv ratings say yes

Where? lol.

I don't think professional LAX outdraws the NHL...not at all.

billmich88888
03-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Where lacrosse is their official national sport? Even over hockey...

huskyfan
03-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Where lacrosse is their official national sport? Even over hockey...

no way

Dirty
03-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Well it's hard for hockey to get any ratings on ESPN when it's never shown on ESPN.

billmich88888
03-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Yes. It was a cutesy way of Canada claiming hockey's birthplace over Russia's claim

billmich88888
03-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Well it's hard for hockey to get any ratings on ESPN when it's never shown on ESPN.

Because ESPN doesn't want it on the mother ship. And it got putrid ratings compared to chick hoops and poker reruns

ZYanksRule
03-24-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm not sure what the remedy is for this. They do this with almost every college sport they cover. The game before Virginia/Hopkins also went long, causing them to join that game in progress. This is how they schedule sports at ESPN.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but ESPNU is showing over seven hours of college hockey today, compared to four hours of college lacrosse. They got unlucky with the game going into OT. If it doesn't go to OT, they're at the hockey game less than 5 minutes late. Not much you can do about a game going into OT.

If the college hockey game was on ESPN or ESPN2, the same thing probably happens. They're ALWAYS airing live games in a block like this on weekends. Sometimes, those games go long. The only thing you can do is delay the start of the hockey game until the lacrosse game ends, but then you're going to have to push the 6:30 game and the 9:00 game back, too. Not sure they want to do that, either.

Let me also add that the quality of the ESPN3 stream, at least on my connection, is virtually HDTV quality.

CLS
03-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Because with espn3 I was able to see the start of the game and the BC goal ;)Yeah, though I'll have to admit I'd rather watch in HD on a widescreen TV than grainy on my laptop screen.;)

billmich88888
03-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah, though I'll have to admit I'd rather watch in HD on a widescreen TV than grainy on my laptop screen.;)

I have playon thru my ps3. Looked like a great hd stream on my big screen
:)

But I certainly see your point

ScoobyDoo
03-24-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure what the remedy is for this. They do this with almost every college sport they cover. The game before Virginia/Hopkins also went long, causing them to join that game in progress. This is how they schedule sports at ESPN.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but ESPNU is showing over seven hours of college hockey today, compared to four hours of college lacrosse. They got unlucky with the game going into OT. If it doesn't go to OT, they're at the hockey game less than 5 minutes late. Not much you can do about a game going into OT.

If the college hockey game was on ESPN or ESPN2, the same thing probably happens. They're ALWAYS airing live games in a block like this on weekends. Sometimes, those games go long. The only thing you can do is delay the start of the hockey game until the lacrosse game ends, but then you're going to have to push the 6:30 game and the 9:00 game back, too. Not sure they want to do that, either.

It's called dual screen. OR you put the game that matters on and show updates to the other one. The game that mattered is the hockey game it's the playoffs for cripes sake. I bet Basketball playoff games don't get cut off.

billmich88888
03-24-2012, 03:58 PM
It's called dual screen. OR you put the game that matters on and show updates to the other one. The game that mattered is the hockey game it's the playoffs for cripes sake. I bet Basketball playoff games don't get cut off.

This is a great point. In years past they utilized ESPN classic or news for over runs. Not this year. Boo for that :(

ZYanksRule
03-24-2012, 04:09 PM

When has ESPN EVER done that? I've never seen them go to a game in the first period over a game in OT. Because you're a hockey fan, you want the hockey game and who cares about the other game. Well, the other game was actually a really good game that went into OT. That's the protocol they follow.

The big complaint I think we should have is that they could have asked the hockey game to delay their start until lacrosse is over. They've done that with a college basketball game on ESPNU before. It was done during the Bracketbusters thing ESPN does.

I don't know if the NCAA would allow them to do that in a Tournament game, though.