PDA

View Full Version : Ezac!!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Dutchman
03-25-2012, 12:04 AM
At the end of the Game tonight against Lowell, the Union Fans, of which there were a considerable number, where chanting "ECAC, ECAC, ECAC" I wish Cornell had knocked off Ferris State. It would have been great for two of the frozen 4 to have come from the ECAC.

LTsatch
03-25-2012, 12:17 AM
At the end of the Game tonight against Lowell, the Union Fans, of which there were a considerable number, where chanting "ECAC, ECAC, ECAC" I wish Cornell had knocked off Ferris State. It would have been great for two of the frozen 4 to have come from the ECAC.

I was in BPT today and you should be proud of your team and the way the fans represented them, hope you win it all.

css228
03-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Anger the Hockey Gods with woofing and see what happens. Ferris and Union should be a heck of a game. So... yeah... Cornell just got screwed over by Union's woofing. The hockey gods are a mysterious and vengeful bunch... that said, congratulations Union. ECAC hockey will actually have a winning record at this years tourney, something they haven't had in years. As for Cornell, they acquitted themselves well against a very good team and the bounces just didn't go their way. I thought after the Michigan game that a Frozen Four might be within reach, but alas it wasn't to be. Next year another good recruiting class comes in, and most importantly, we will have the Pride of Jacksonville back. I think though I will be watching only NHL hockey for a while after a painful loss like that.

Gurtholfin
03-25-2012, 12:35 AM
So... yeah... Cornell just got screwed over by Union's woofing. The hockey gods are a mysterious and vengeful bunch... that said, congratulations Union. ECAC hockey will actually have a winning record at this years tourney, something they haven't had in years. As for Cornell, they acquitted themselves well against a very good team and the bounces just didn't go their way. I thought after the Michigan game that a Frozen Four might be within reach, but alas it wasn't to be. Next year another good recruiting class comes in, and most importantly, we will have the Pride of Jacksonville back. I think though I will be watching only NHL hockey for a while after a painful loss like that.

Was a good game. Ferris is tough.

On behalf of Badger fans (and probably MSU, Gopher & OSU fans) everywhere, thanks for beating Michigan.

LTsatch
03-25-2012, 12:43 AM
So... yeah... Cornell just got screwed over by Union's woofing. The hockey gods are a mysterious and vengeful bunch... that said, congratulations Union. ECAC hockey will actually have a winning record at this years tourney, something they haven't had in years. As for Cornell, they acquitted themselves well against a very good team and the bounces just didn't go their way. I thought after the Michigan game that a Frozen Four might be within reach, but alas it wasn't to be. Next year another good recruiting class comes in, and most importantly, we will have the Pride of Jacksonville back. I think though I will be watching only NHL hockey for a while after a painful loss like that.

It wasn't Union woofing it was a Yale fan. All I kept screaming at the tv tonight was "shoot the puck!" Cornell did a great job this year and should be quite proud of their season, nice comeback this year, the Big Red will always be a tough team!

SlyFoxMan7
03-25-2012, 12:52 AM
I don't see anyone making the argument that the leagues are close to equal. I think where we differ is you look at those numbers and see one awesome league. I look at them and see a league with three/four really good programs.

This is very true. No doubt the top two, maybe three teams in Hockey East have been absolutely amazing. The rest of the league? Nothing special.

css228
03-25-2012, 01:16 AM

On behalf of Badger fans (and probably MSU, Gopher & OSU fans) everywhere, thanks for beating Michigan.

We're definitely proud of our boys in Ithaca. Was glad to hear the neutrals on our side on Friday. But man, that ninth frozen four and that third title are a long time coming at this point. Two bright sides: this is one of the youngest teams in the country, and they only graduate four seniors (four very important seniors though) and no regional final loss could hurt more than '06 did. Hopefully, we'll get a shot at some revenge some day :)

Dutchman
03-25-2012, 05:49 AM
By the end of the regular season Harvard was up there with Union and Cornell and it would have been nice to see how well they would have performed in the NCAA. They are a big team like Cornell. I bet they would have done well. The Lowell Fans were chanting EASY-AC ..... not any more. Both Union and Cornell only graduate 4 seniors each and both are rumored to have strong recruiting classes.

SlyFoxMan7
03-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Both Union and Cornell only graduate 4 seniors each and both are rumored to have strong recruiting classes.

I'm sure Wesh will be gone though. He's almost graduated and he's got pros calling.

goofy gopher
03-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Great for Union to advance, but they did advance from the weakest regional. Not their fault, but that does make a difference to me.

DtownDogs
03-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Congrats on putting a team in the FF EZAC. You can now be considered a powerhouse conference.

firstpusk
03-25-2012, 08:18 AM

Once and a while we agree.

eaglehockeyrules
03-25-2012, 01:13 PM
By the end of the regular season Harvard was up there with Union and Cornell and it would have been nice to see how well they would have performed in the NCAA. They are a big team like Cornell. I bet they would have done well. The Lowell Fans were chanting EASY-AC ..... not any more. Both Union and Cornell only graduate 4 seniors each and both are rumored to have strong recruiting classes.

10-9-11 regular season and finished at 13-10-11. Harvard was not really "up there" this season at all. In fact, H was very inconsistent, sloppy play, inability to score even strengthed, unable to finish or follow-through, or maintain the lead in the third. H got the # 3 slot because of 11 ties in a very weak SoS league. A fluke win over Cornell in the ECAC semi, but H was pretty much manhandled in the final.

Fire Donato... he is no good for the program.

FlagDUDE08
03-25-2012, 01:31 PM
We're definitely proud of our boys in Ithaca. Was glad to hear the neutrals on our side on Friday. But man, that ninth frozen four and that third title are a long time coming at this point. Two bright sides: this is one of the youngest teams in the country, and they only graduate four seniors (four very important seniors though) and no regional final loss could hurt more than '06 did. Hopefully, we'll get a shot at some revenge some day :)

If Union wins the national championship, are you guys going to try to poach Rick Bennett in order to get that third championship? :eek::p:D

tic_tac_toe
03-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Congrats on putting a team in the FF EZAC. You can now be considered a powerhouse conference.

On behalf of the Yale Contingent of the Union Bandwagon, thank you!

But seriously - congrats to Union. They may have advanced from the 'weakest regional'/may not be a 'powerhouse' team, but winning is winning, and they've shown on several occasions that they can skate with anyone. The most exciting part of watching tournament hockey is seeing the underdogs succeed. If BC and North Dakota were in the FF every year, that wouldn't be interesting. Can't wait for Tampa!

Osorojo
03-25-2012, 05:41 PM
So far this year playoff games involving ECAC teams have been competitive and entertaining. Armchair athletes may disparage the ECAC as "EZ" but it's likely that few skaters, winners or losers, who opposed ECAC teams in these playoffs would classify the experience as "EZ."

css228
03-25-2012, 08:12 PM
If Union wins the national championship, are you guys going to try to poach Rick Bennett in order to get that third championship? :eek::p:D
I think we'll stick with Schafer. Always in the top four, always seem to be in regional finals, eventually some puck lucks gotta go our way right?
Edit: besides, no poaching will ever go as well as our previous poach.

cornellgradyalefan
03-25-2012, 11:21 PM
key here is zero scholarships, togh admissions and tough staying there.

no one else in final 6 has that, coupled with tough to get need based only aid.

Union is what is good about college hockey

I hate to play this card, but every time an ECAC team achieves something good, the hockey snobs deride the accomplishment because it "never" happens, so when it does happen, it's not legitimate. But, Union is in the Frozen Four and there is no argument that their admission standards (as well as those of any other ECAC team) are far tougher than most, if not all of the teams n the so-called power conferences. Not to mention academic standards, lack of scholarships, etc. My point is simple, the rules by which the ECAC teams choose to conduct their hockey programs puts those schools at a competitive disadvantage compared to the schools in the power conferences. ECAC fans understand that the conference will not have as many teams qualify for the NCAA tournament. They also understand that winning games in the tournament is less likely. What they don't understand is why fans of the schools of the power conferences would discredit accomplishments such as Cornell beating Michigan, Yale beating UND two years ago, and, especially, Union making it to the Frozen Four. Lets make a deal. You don't play the ECAC is not a legitimate hockey conference card, and we won't play the our schools are academically superior card.

The Rube
03-25-2012, 11:27 PM
EZAC is a minor conference. There's nothing wrong with that. When some of you puff your chest out, well......we laugh. you're not a major conference. We ask, are you good, or are you "Yale good?" ;) We judge, because we can. Facts are facts. Yes, tArrogance plays a factor, but really, you try so hard (honestly, kudos to you) but try and brag so much (total humor).

Accept your place, and run with it. :)

hockeyplayer1015
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
EZAC is a minor conference. There's nothing wrong with that. When some of you puff your chest out, well......we laugh. you're not a major conference. We ask, are you good, or are you "Yale good?" ;) We judge, because we can. Facts are facts. Yes, tArrogance plays a factor, but really, you try so hard (honestly, kudos to you) but try and brag so much (total humor).

Accept your place, and run with it. :)

Eh, I certainly don't feel the ECAC is a 'major' conference, but it is (to take away from football/basketball) a mid-major conference. I wouldn't group it with Atlantic Hockey (ECAC typically gets 2 teams in, and once in a great while 3. Atlantic Hockey will almost always only get 1 team in.), but it also doesn't really group with the Big 3 either.