Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ezac!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    El wrongo. At least the part about me repping our good buddy UHall6. He did neg rep me though and tell me to "eat a bag of dicks". Who's stalking whom?!?!?!?
    Awesome!

neg rep can be good reading, like the one I got yesterday that said " die now"

Comment

Cornell beating Michigan was impressive, but let's get real they'll probably lose to Ferris (A team I believe to be better than Michigan). Not trying to take away from them though, the fact that they beat Michigan is amazing.

As for Union they beat Michigan State, a #1 seed beating a #4 seed, that's not impressive it's expected.
      NMU

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Yeah, but weren't they paying their mostly Canadian roster for like 7 of those?

By my count, Michigan has two legitimate titles.
        I kinda like that reasoning.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          It's the first time the ECAC has had two teams win a game in the tournament since 1996.

Since Hockey East broke away in 1984 that is the ONLY time the ECAC has advanced two teams. Let's not act like the ECAC is suddenly relevant because they accomplished a feat for only the second time in three decades.

Congratulations on getting two teams to the second round. Now we'll see if one or both of them can advance to Tampa. But it's going to take a couple of seasons of success before most people on this board take the ECAC seriously.
          Agreed. I'm a huge ECAC fan, but lets just sit back and watch what happens today. However, just because the ECAC isn't relevant, doesn't mean Cornell isn't. In the past decade (+1 year) they've gone to a Frozen Four, made the tourney 7 times, taken two eventual national champs to at least 2 OT, and only had one real under performance (2010). I love that the league had a good night, but I'm definitely not ready to act like that changes the rest of the leagues lack of success. At the same time, just because the league hasn't been relevant doesn't mean that some of its teams haven't been.

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post
            9 of the 10 teams in Hockey East have made the NCAA by way of at-large bid, all of whom have landed higher than a regional 4 seed, since the last time the ECAC has advanced a team to the Frozen Four

Yea, Hockey East's national legitimacy starts and stops on the coattails of BC and BU.

And your point is so asinine...

Gee, when you look at recent history, take BC and BU out of Hockey East and it's not as successful...

OK, then while you do that....

Take Union and Yale out of the ECAC
            Take Michigan and Miami out of the CCHA
            Take North Dakota and Duluth out of the WCHA

And square off again!

Looking over these last 2 or 3 years, I'll take my chances with UNH, Merrimack, Maine and a few of these Lowell teams over whatever the ECAC's 2nd tier has to offer.
            You really know nothing about ECAC Hockey if Union and Yale are the two teams you take out of the league to make that point...

Comment

The EZAC are what we thought they were; they’re what we thought they were. We played them in the season — who the hell takes the 16th game of the season like it’s bull****, bull****!? We played them in the 16th game— everybody played three periods — the EZAC are who we thought they were! And that’s why we took the **** ice. Now if you want to crown them, then crown their ***! But they are who we thought they were, and we let ‘em off the hook!

Comment

You're right... let me address the left out part...If Atlantic Hockey made a celebratory thread, you could go in and tell them how good you were when Reagan was president and they were DIII

Sorry bro. You tried to lump together HE and Atlantic in the same package. It was a good try, though.
                Soooo, what did Atlantic Hockey do to you guys?

Now, back to the real purpose of this thread........7277
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

"When you lose say nothing, when you win say even less."

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                    Soooo, what did Atlantic Hockey do to you guys?

Now, back to the real purpose of this thread........7277
                    The real purpose of this thread was to congratulate and encourage Union and Cornell on a job well done. Keep it up!
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

• Re: Ezac!!!!!!

It's too bad Cornell and Union are on the same side of the bracket, otherwise they would be facing each other in the National Championship game April 7th
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

9 of the 10 teams in Hockey East have made the NCAA by way of at-large bid, all of whom have landed higher than a regional 4 seed, since the last time the ECAC has advanced a team to the Frozen Four

Yea, Hockey East's national legitimacy starts and stops on the coattails of BC and BU.

And your point is so asinine...

Gee, when you look at recent history, take BC and BU out of Hockey East and it's not as successful...

OK, then while you do that....

Take Union and Yale out of the ECAC
                        Take Michigan and Miami out of the CCHA
                        Take North Dakota and Duluth out of the WCHA

And square off again!

Looking over these last 2 or 3 years, I'll take my chances with UNH, Merrimack, Maine and a few of these Lowell teams over whatever the ECAC's 2nd tier has to offer.
                        Actually I was going to lump Maine in there with BU and BC since they made some Frozen Fours and title games in the last decade, right? But the other HE teams that made the tournament were not nearly as successful nor as consistent so I fail to see how that makes them much different from an ECAC team that makes one or two tournaments and loses in the first or second round. And it may surprise you to know that in the same time frame you selected 9 of the 12 ECAC teams made the tournament at least once. And to reiterate, I'm not saying the ECAC is equal to or better than Hockey East. My point is that the entire league gets lumped together because they haven't won a title whereas nobody questions when a team like Northeastern or Vermont makes one tournament and disappears. They get a pass because BC or BU won a title recently. That makes little sense to me.

Comment

In the past 20 years, 3 HE teams (ME, BU & BC) have won 7 combined NCAA Titles, and 4 HE teams (the 4th being UNH) have made 18 combined trips to the Title game. During that same stretch, not 1 ECAC team has even made the Title game. At this point, you cannot even compare the success of the 2 conferences. Who knows, maybe this is the year where the ECAC breaks through and becomes a powerhouse, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            In the past 20 years, 3 HE teams (ME, BU & BC) have won 7 combined NCAA Titles, and 4 HE teams (the 4th being UNH) have made 18 combined trips to the Title game. During that same stretch, not 1 ECAC team has even made the Title game. At this point, you cannot even compare the success of the 2 conferences. Who knows, maybe this is the year where the ECAC breaks through and becomes a powerhouse, but I wouldn't bet on it.
                            I don't see anyone making the argument that the leagues are close to equal. I think where we differ is you look at those numbers and see one awesome league. I look at them and see a league with three/four really good programs.

Comment

Do you really expect every team in the league to make regular trips to the finals? Every league obviously has its top teams and its lower teams and in my opinion HE has been pretty darn impressive with BC, BU, ME and UNH being NCAA Tourney - if not FF - regulars. Most other HE teams have also been in the tourney lately, see UML, as well as MC last year, UVM the year before, etc. I actually don't see the lower teams being that bad, it's just that the top teams are always very strong, which makes it difficult for the UML's, UVM's, PC's, UMASS', etc to go on long, multi-year rolls.

Comment

Going into the Tournament the ECAC teams were the recipient of score ridicule and verbal abuse by many bloggers. Maybe just a lucky year for them? The ECAC this year was incredibly competitive with teams knocking each other off each week. I think that Union and Cornell really benefited greatly from the competition. When Union beat Michigan earlier in the year everyone just brushed it off. Now that Cornell has done the same, we are getting the same reaction. One the one hand, neither team may advanced today. On the other hand, the ECAC, the league that has received so much scorn, may end up with two in the final 4. Not bad for schools like Union who only has 2000 students, and offers no athletic scholarships vs. the 40,000 like the Michigans. Not bad at all.
                                http://board.uscho.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X