PDA

View Full Version : Ezac!!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

sshablak
03-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Most playoff games are low scoring. Defense wins playoffs !

hockeyplayer1015
03-24-2012, 09:01 AM
One thing that stood out to me this year with the ECAC was all the **** ties. In some of the games I watched during the regular season it almost seemed like both teams accepted the tie result as the ot's were very defensive oriented. I am not surprised to see Cornell go to ot, but I am surprised that it did not go two ot's. Keep these games low scoring and the ECAC will hang around, they are used to it.

The thing with the ECAC, that sets the conference play apart from other conferences most of the time, is that there seems to be much more parity top to bottom in the ECAC. It also tends to be a defensive style league, so naturally ties will happen more frequently. This year in particular, Union and Cornell were really the top 2 teams, the rest you may as well have just picked names out of a hat to place 3-9 or so IMO.

Gurtholfin
03-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Michigan has won more NCAA ice hockey championships than any other team in history. Do those qualify as accomplishments?

Yeah, but weren't they paying their mostly Canadian roster for like 7 of those?

By my count, Michigan has two legitimate titles. ;)

JF_Gophers
03-24-2012, 09:08 AM
If BU wins, the ezac will prolly try to claim them. Poor wretched bastids. They will do anything to be recognized as a legitimate conference.

Biddco
03-24-2012, 09:10 AM

By my count, Michigan has two legitimate titles.And weren't they offering scholarships when nobody else was?

UncleRay
03-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Get to the FF, get to the National Title game, win a title and it will shut a lot of people up.No it won't.

We have two games today, this is great,and greater "today" to be an ECAC fan !!I just root for a state school, but even I know the ECAC will be playing in three games today.

Gurtholfin
03-24-2012, 09:24 AM
And weren't they offering scholarships when nobody else was?

Pretty sure they were providing them with hookers too.

FlagDUDE08
03-24-2012, 09:27 AM
If both EZAC teams win today, an EZAC team is guaranteed to be in the national championship game. Talk about messing up my bracket...

MCgrad07
03-24-2012, 09:37 AM
haha. fair enough!

In Hockey East, we've seen/dealt with a suddenly appearing, oft-over-the-top, ballyhoo band of Merrimack fans who not only avoid the practice of: "act like you've been there before", but think everything they do should be heralded as the greatest thing since the wheel.

As a Merrimack fan can you blame us. When I graduated five years ago the team won 3 games. It is a miracle the won 3 because the scored 37 goals in 34 games. I remember going to games just to see the other teams. Don't worry with Cannata gone they won't be as good and you team can dump on us again. We were just so excited becuse we knew this was going to only happen again in 20 -25 years.

Dirty
03-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Dirty's a nut case, no doubt.

El wrongo. At least the part about me repping our good buddy UHall6. He did neg rep me though and tell me to "eat a bag of dicks". Who's stalking whom?!?!?!? :eek:

SanTropez
03-24-2012, 10:10 AM
El wrongo. At least the part about me repping our good buddy UHall6. He did neg rep me though and tell me to "eat a bag of dicks". Who's stalking whom?!?!?!? :eek:

Awesome!

neg rep can be good reading, like the one I got yesterday that said " die now"

NMUFAN21
03-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Cornell beating Michigan was impressive, but let's get real they'll probably lose to Ferris (A team I believe to be better than Michigan). Not trying to take away from them though, the fact that they beat Michigan is amazing.

As for Union they beat Michigan State, a #1 seed beating a #4 seed, that's not impressive it's expected.

Happy
03-24-2012, 10:26 AM

By my count, Michigan has two legitimate titles. ;)

I kinda like that reasoning.

css228
03-24-2012, 10:29 AM
It's the first time the ECAC has had two teams win a game in the tournament since 1996.

Since Hockey East broke away in 1984 that is the ONLY time the ECAC has advanced two teams. Let's not act like the ECAC is suddenly relevant because they accomplished a feat for only the second time in three decades.

Congratulations on getting two teams to the second round. Now we'll see if one or both of them can advance to Tampa. But it's going to take a couple of seasons of success before most people on this board take the ECAC seriously.
Agreed. I'm a huge ECAC fan, but lets just sit back and watch what happens today. However, just because the ECAC isn't relevant, doesn't mean Cornell isn't. In the past decade (+1 year) they've gone to a Frozen Four, made the tourney 7 times, taken two eventual national champs to at least 2 OT, and only had one real under performance (2010). I love that the league had a good night, but I'm definitely not ready to act like that changes the rest of the leagues lack of success. At the same time, just because the league hasn't been relevant doesn't mean that some of its teams haven't been.

css228
03-24-2012, 10:33 AM
9 of the 10 teams in Hockey East have made the NCAA by way of at-large bid, all of whom have landed higher than a regional 4 seed, since the last time the ECAC has advanced a team to the Frozen Four

Yea, Hockey East's national legitimacy starts and stops on the coattails of BC and BU. :rolleyes:

And your point is so asinine...

Gee, when you look at recent history, take BC and BU out of Hockey East and it's not as successful...

OK, then while you do that....

Take Union and Yale out of the ECAC
Take Michigan and Miami out of the CCHA
Take North Dakota and Duluth out of the WCHA

And square off again!

Looking over these last 2 or 3 years, I'll take my chances with UNH, Merrimack, Maine and a few of these Lowell teams over whatever the ECAC's 2nd tier has to offer.
You really know nothing about ECAC Hockey if Union and Yale are the two teams you take out of the league to make that point...

SanTropez
03-24-2012, 10:35 AM
The EZAC are what we thought they were; they’re what we thought they were. We played them in the season — who the hell takes the 16th game of the season like it’s bull****, bull****!? We played them in the 16th game— everybody played three periods — the EZAC are who we thought they were! And that’s why we took the **** ice. Now if you want to crown them, then crown their ***! But they are who we thought they were, and we let ‘em off the hook!

blazer777
03-24-2012, 10:38 AM
You're right... let me address the left out part...If Atlantic Hockey made a celebratory thread, you could go in and tell them how good you were when Reagan was president and they were DIII

Sorry bro. You tried to lump together HE and Atlantic in the same package. It was a good try, though.

Soooo, what did Atlantic Hockey do to you guys?

Now, back to the real purpose of this thread........7277

drewcu
03-24-2012, 10:59 AM
"When you lose say nothing, when you win say even less."

LTsatch
03-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Soooo, what did Atlantic Hockey do to you guys?

Now, back to the real purpose of this thread........7277

The real purpose of this thread was to congratulate and encourage Union and Cornell on a job well done. Keep it up!

ColSkate65
03-24-2012, 11:02 AM
It's too bad Cornell and Union are on the same side of the bracket, otherwise they would be facing each other in the National Championship game April 7th :cool: