PDA

View Full Version : Ezac!!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

UHall6
03-24-2012, 12:29 AM
A thread titled "Ezac!!!!!!" in which the initial post stated something along the lines of "Nice win boys!" is antagonizing? Color me surprised. If HE or AHA came up with a celebratory thread, I wouldn't go into it trolling and telling them how much they actually suck.

That's because you have class.

TripleE
03-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Which raises the questions: What the heck is wrong with the bully? And how is celebrating a win suddenly antagonizing?

Celebrating isn't.

Making a celebratory thread and titling it with the name "EZAC", the nickname the naysayers use, is obviously an attempt at a 'take that!' dig at them.

ibanezist00
03-24-2012, 12:32 AM
http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/WhinyCat.jpg

See, the giant flaw with your cute cat picture post is that you think there's actual whining going on instead of laughter. I think anyone who is a fan of the ECAC could care less and just thinks this is massively hysterical that anyone outside of the ECAC actually cares enough about a thread that they could easily ignore.

GoMaine24
03-24-2012, 12:34 AM
If HE... came up with a celebratory thread, I wouldn't go into it trolling and telling them how much they actually suck.

Of course you wouldn't because you would have 0 arguments

ibanezist00
03-24-2012, 12:36 AM

Or you could go ahead and cherry-pick my quote, thereby entirely ignoring the point...

UHall6
03-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Celebrating isn't.

Making a celebratory thread and titling it with the name "EZAC", the nickname the naysayers use, is obviously an attempt at a 'take that!' dig at them.

Well, I didn't start the thread but I suppose there was an element of "take that" which I believe was really meant for the people that always say we can't even win a single game. Still, if I was a fan of a school that was always in the tournament and had lots of titles I wouldn't care enough to post. And just to be clear, I'm really calling out the others. You're alright. I'd even give you a positive rep if mine hadn't been absolutely destroyed by some psycho with 50,000 posts who stalks me.

GoMaine24
03-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Or you could go ahead and cherry-pick my quote, thereby entirely ignoring the point...

You're right... let me address the left out part...If Atlantic Hockey made a celebratory thread, you could go in and tell them how good you were when Reagan was president and they were DIII

Sorry bro. You tried to lump together HE and Atlantic in the same package. It was a good try, though.

Gurtholfin
03-24-2012, 12:41 AM
I'd even give you a positive rep if mine hadn't been absolutely destroyed by some psycho with 50,000 posts who stalks me.

Dirty's a nut case, no doubt.

UHall6
03-24-2012, 12:42 AM

If, for example, New Hampshire won a first round game it would never occur to me to go into a Hockey East thread and scream "University of No Hardware" or tell them the win doesn't matter until they won the title. But that's me.

GoMaine24
03-24-2012, 12:58 AM
If, for example, New Hampshire won a first round game it would never occur to me to go into a Hockey East thread and scream "University of No Hardware" or tell them the win doesn't matter until they won the title. But that's me.

One team's playoff ineptness is a little different than an entire conference's

TheEagle
03-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Congrats to Union and Cornell! Good day for the ECAC. It's been a long time coming. You should enjoy it, and even gloat over it a little. I did pick Union, but I didn't see the Michigan upset coming. I was only able to see the final 10 minutes of the 3rd period and OT, but Michigan was hitting and flying. Cornell took their best punch and responded.

UHall6
03-24-2012, 01:10 AM
One team's playoff ineptness is a little different than an entire conference's

Look, I think Hockey East is a good conference but I could easily say most of the recent success has been the result of a handful of teams. When BU and BC won titles recently I didn't think it meant much with respect to Northeastern or Providence. If those schools or Lowell or Merrimack, etc. have a good year I don't sit around saying, "But you haven't won a title so until then you suck."

GoMaine24
03-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Look, I think Hockey East is a good conference but I could easily say most of the recent success has been the result of a handful of teams.

9 of the 10 teams in Hockey East have made the NCAA by way of at-large bid, all of whom have landed higher than a regional 4 seed, since the last time the ECAC has advanced a team to the Frozen Four

Yea, Hockey East's national legitimacy starts and stops on the coattails of BC and BU. :rolleyes:

And your point is so asinine...

Gee, when you look at recent history, take BC and BU out of Hockey East and it's not as successful...

OK, then while you do that....

Take Union and Yale out of the ECAC
Take Michigan and Miami out of the CCHA
Take North Dakota and Duluth out of the WCHA

And square off again!

Looking over these last 2 or 3 years, I'll take my chances with UNH, Merrimack, Maine and a few of these Lowell teams over whatever the ECAC's 2nd tier has to offer.

TheEagle
03-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Take North Dakota and Duluth out of the WCHA

It warms my heart that you said Duluth and not the rodents.

GoMaine24
03-24-2012, 02:27 AM
It warms my heart that you said Duluth and not the rodents.

Since the reference was 'recent', I had to play fair! Plus, I made some NoDak friends at some frozen fours who I still keep touch with/And note my user name: You really think I'd go with the Goofers?! #stillbitter :)

wasmania
03-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Dirty, what kind of test do you have on that line?

more like what size shot are you using, and how many gallons does that barrel hold?

wasmania
03-24-2012, 06:05 AM
A thread titled "Ezac!!!!!!" in which the initial post stated something along the lines of "Nice win boys!" is antagonizing? Color me surprised. If HE or AHA came up with a celebratory thread, I wouldn't go into it trolling and telling them how much they actually suck.

Don't show up with a crank in your back and nobody will wind you up. Oops, I shouldn't have blurted that out. Dang!

sshablak
03-24-2012, 06:46 AM
The ECAC won two great games last night !! Right now we don't care about what happened ten or twenty years ago ! Stop living in the past, "We don't care" !

We have two games today, this is great,and greater "today" to be an ECAC fan !!

nopuckluck
03-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Call me when a EZAC team beats someone who's actually accomplished something in college hockey. The teams they beat tonight were hardly impressive.

Michigan has won more NCAA ice hockey championships than any other team in history. Do those qualify as accomplishments?

goofy gopher
03-24-2012, 08:02 AM
One thing that stood out to me this year with the ECAC was all the **** ties. In some of the games I watched during the regular season it almost seemed like both teams accepted the tie result as the ot's were very defensive oriented. I am not surprised to see Cornell go to ot, but I am surprised that it did not go two ot's. Keep these games low scoring and the ECAC will hang around, they are used to it.