Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ezac!!!!!!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Dirty, what kind of test do you have on that line?
    Who knows. I'm not even correct about at least 50% of the stuff I've said in this thread. People don't even care though!
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
          That those teams and conferences have been there, done that, so if you're trying to argue that your conference stands toe to toe with HE/WCHA/CCHA ... then taking a reaction similar to when a mid-major wins a game in the BBall tourney is counter-productive to your hoped perception.

I'm not saying don't be happy, don't celebrate. But this forum has team specific and conference specific threads. Making a new one just to attract attention to the fact that these teams finally won a couple games gets perceived as over-compensating. Again, ruining your own point.

Look, Lowell made their first tourney appearance in over a decade, and hey! They even won. And of course I enjoy when Hockey East succeeds and I was rooting for them. But their win didn't make me want to start an attention-seeking thread that was simply

YYEEEEAAAAAAAA HOCKEY EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a Lowell thread. There's a Hockey East thread. There's a thread specific to that regional. Plenty of spots to add my two cents, my cheers, my jeers. If it's not a big upset, or seemingly uncommon, why would I have to act like a tool and draw MORE attention to it.
          First, again, I don't think anyone said anything remotely close to our "conference stands toe to toe with HE/WCHA/CCHA". I think the point is more that since you guys think we are so truly awful, maybe, just maybe, a win actually demonstrates that we can in fact put together a decent team. Seriously, you guys pile on even when we aren't drawing attention to ourselves. Check out the blog comments during the regular season. For some bizarre reason WCHA fans like to go into the ECAC blog and tell us how awful we are. And WCHA fans infiltrate the team specific forum threads as well. If our banter was limited to a team or league or regional thread I guarantee you there would be people in their dumping on us. And honestly, if my team had seven titles I wouldn't go looking for people to put down. But that's me.

Comment

2753... oh wait, we aren't putting the last 4 of our social down?

Comment

Strange thread. The only way to win is not to play.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That those teams and conferences have been there, done that, so if you're trying to argue that your conference stands toe to toe with HE/WCHA/CCHA ... then taking a reaction similar to when a mid-major wins a game in the BBall tourney is counter-productive to your hoped perception.
                Meh. I for one am happy for fans like Lynah and Kepler but should Cornell meet UM hope they weep in the end.

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                Friggin post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  I don't get it? Avg ECAC Attendence??

Comment

Wait...that's the combination on my luggage...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post
                      I don't get it? Avg ECAC Attendence??

I thought we were guessing the number of years before a ECAC team wins a national championship.
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'm not saying don't be happy, don't celebrate. But this forum has team specific and conference specific threads. Making a new one just to attract attention to the fact that these teams finally won a couple games gets perceived as over-compensating. Again, ruining your own point.

Look, Lowell made their first tourney appearance in over a decade, and hey! They even won a hockey game! Whaddya know? And of course I enjoy when Hockey East succeeds and I was rooting for them. But their win didn't make me want to start an attention-seeking thread that was simply

YYEEEEAAAAAAAA HOCKEY EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone here said anything about standing close to the accomplishment levels of HE, WCHA or CCHA, but if that inference wants to be made, then fine.

There's a Lowell thread. There's a Hockey East thread. There's a thread specific to that regional. Plenty of spots to add my two cents, my cheers, my jeers. If it's not a big upset, or seemingly uncommon, why would I have to act like a tool and draw MORE attention to it.
                        Take a look at any of the ECAC team/league threads during the regular season, and I guarantee you'll see quite a few "dedicated" college hockey "fans" taking a deuce on the ECAC and all it stands for. Considering that most of that talk is "EZAC IS AWFULS LOL", maybe a win or two in the NCAA tournament shows that the ECAC may be able to actually put together a somewhat decent hockey team? Even when the ECAC fans don't have a thread such as this, the dumping-on seems to take place without prompt. If the team I rooted for had a total of NCAA titles approaching or in the double-digits, I wouldn't go looking to crap on other leagues' teams. Just some food for thought.
                        Last edited by ibanezist00; 03-24-2012, 12:20 AM. Reason: Looks like UHall beat me to it.
                        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by UHall6 View Post
                          For some bizarre reason WCHA fans like to go into the ECAC blog and tell us how awful we are. And WCHA fans infiltrate the team specific forum threads as well.
                          Well, if that's true, I still don't understand the attention seeking thread.

If the bully harasses you at school, why draw attention to yourself by antagonizing him on the playground too?

Comment

If the bully harasses you at school, why draw attention to yourself by antagonizing him on the playground too?
                            Which raises the questions: What the heck is wrong with the bully? And how is celebrating a win suddenly antagonizing?

Comment

A thread titled "Ezac!!!!!!" in which the initial post stated something along the lines of "Nice win boys!" is antagonizing? Color me surprised. If HE or AHA came up with a celebratory thread, I wouldn't go into it trolling and telling them how much they actually suck.
                              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by UHall6 View Post
                                Which raises the questions: What the heck is wrong with the bully? And how is celebrating a win suddenly antagonizing?
                                Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                                A thread titled "Ezac!!!!!!" in which the initial post stated something along the lines of "Nice win boys!" is antagonizing? Color me surprised. If HE or AHA came up with a celebratory thread, I wouldn't go into it trolling and telling them how much they actually suck.
                                *****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/WhinyCat.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X