Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ezac!!!!!!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I agree, but if were a non-ECAC fan I wouldn't dismiss what happened today and simply say, "Congrats".
    The first word of my post was: _______ ?

And if you read, any dismissal wasn't to what the teams did on the ice today (yesterday), it was to fans getting on soapboxes over it.

Comment

I thought all of BU's titles were post 1961. 6 in total. Mtu won 3

But maybe im mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
        What. Ch'you. Talkin. Bout. Willis?!

Please read that again and elaborate on...

1. Where I showed poor sportsmanship or class.
        2. What about my post was 'typical and expected'. If you admit that one good day didn't erase years of bad history, then??? I'm so confused with your problem with my post because I pretty much laid that point out, and wished them luck.

hyper-defensive is one thing. But read my post before you get that way. Yikes.
        Your post wasn't as bad as the others but you made the massive assumption that we were implying today redeemed the conference. I was just happy my team won.

Comment

Well my bracket is toast. Thank you ECAC...

Does it matter if they were underrated or the CCHA was overrated? A win's a win.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
            The first word of my post was: _______ ?

And if you read, any dismissal wasn't to what the teams did on the ice today (yesterday), it was to fans getting on soapboxes over it.
            Then my post wasn't directed at you. Simmadana!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Sorry for speaking the truth since it obviously hurts your feelings. Let me know when a EZAC team beats someone from a state that isn't riddled with crappy cars and bullet holes.
              C'mon, we didn't even play a WCHA team last night...
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"state that isn't riddled with crappy cars and bullet holes."

I did not realize North Dakota was such an easy out.
                Union Class of '07

Comment

I've already covered this. BU has less titles than Michigan Tech since the Eisenhower Administration. Not impressive.
                  That random sports statistic is like saying "my team only wins if I do a rain dance with a rabbit tail in my left hand 16 minutes before they drop the puck", as in it is almost completely meaningless (and you're also incorrect, anyway). Let me ask, what actually does impress you?
                  Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

I've already covered this. BU has less titles than Michigan Tech since the Eisenhower Administration. Not impressive.
                    *****http://www.gifs-paradise.com/animated_gifs/fishing/animated-gifs-fishing-24.gif******

Comment

Dirty, what kind of test do you have on that line?

Comment

Too soon. If none of the ECAC teams win tomorrow, we are going to have a laugh on this thread. Be wary.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                          BU vs. RPI last season, 4-1 win? Or is quite a few NCAA titles and making the tournament season after season not considered accomplishing something to you? But I'm sure you'll come up with some other red herring for your argument, about MA being a tax state or something. Any team that makes the NCAA tournament is impressive, period.
                          Great comparison. And BU was undefeated in NCAA Tourney play last year...
                          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by x1795x View Post
                            "state that isn't riddled with crappy cars and bullet holes."

I did not realize North Dakota was such an easy out.
                            That's meth labs and trailers.

We drive decent cars and are pretty accurate with a firearm...

Try again, sparky.

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by UHall6 View Post
                              What does it say about you guys that immediately pounce on us?
                              That those teams and conferences have been there, done that, so if you're trying to argue that your conference stands toe to toe with HE/WCHA/CCHA ... then taking a reaction similar to when a mid-major wins a game in the BBall tourney is counter-productive to your hoped perception.

I'm not saying don't be happy, don't celebrate. But this forum has team specific and conference specific threads. Making a new one just to attract attention to the fact that these teams finally won a couple games gets perceived as over-compensating. Again, ruining your own point.

Look, Lowell made their first tourney appearance in over a decade, and hey! They even won a hockey game! Whaddya know? And of course I enjoy when Hockey East succeeds and I was rooting for them. But their win didn't make me want to start an attention-seeking thread that was simply

YYEEEEAAAAAAAA HOCKEY EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a Lowell thread. There's a Hockey East thread. There's a thread specific to that regional. Plenty of spots to add my two cents, my cheers, my jeers. If it's not a big upset, or seemingly uncommon, why would I have to act like a tool and draw MORE attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Dirty, what kind of test do you have on that line?
                                A grenade, most likely...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X